• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skab

Bison vskill fireball is too fun.

I just kept absorbing an Akumas demon flip kick then smacking him in the face with it when he would try to run away lol

jwillenn

New feature idea!

Custom Messages & Shortcuts

I usually want to say ggs to players, but I'm too lazy to go Home and create the message. So, here's how this could work.

Create as many messages as you'd like. Assign several of your messages to buttons for quick sending, or go into your list of messages to select and send. You can send messages at anytime in game outside of a match. The recipient is always your most recent player. A recipient can view messages quickly at the press of a button and the available messages are always from the most recent sender, so playing a new opponent forces expiration on any messages sent by the previous opponent.

SSReborn

New feature idea!

Custom Messages & Shortcuts

I usually want to say ggs to players, but I'm too lazy to go Home and create the message. So, here's how this could work.

Create as many messages as you'd like. Assign several of your messages to buttons for quick sending, or go into your list of messages to select and send. You can send messages at anytime in game outside of a match. The recipient is always your most recent player. A recipient can view messages quickly at the press of a button and the available messages are always from the most recent sender, so playing a new opponent forces expiration on any messages sent by the previous opponent.
Ha

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
honestly feel like that match might favor bison

akumer cannot afford to get stunned and he's mostly stuck throwing red fireballs or risk eating even shitter punishes

TK fireball? More like.. get pancaked into the ground by psycho axe. I agree though. I think its in bison's favor for sure. Cant hang with our buttons in neutral. If he tries to zone both bison's fireballs are better. If he tries to get cute with red fireball he can hold this ex stomp real quick. If he gets knocked down Mickey Rourke gotta hold all these plus frames. Its an odd feeling having a definitively winning matchup with Bison.

I don't see any point in Rashid's jumping medium punch being special cancelable. You can only get EX Eagle Spike off of it, and even then only the second hit will connect.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Haha you can juggle after Akuma's taunt hits.

Taunt then Super finish would be the ultimate disrespect.

Would never happen but you never know. I'm just happy the taunt hits, reminds me of 3S taunts. I miss Urien's actually.

Perineum

Holy crap Urien's CA is broken as shit.

Also Akuma just seems like a variant of Ryu and Ken.

Why is his CA broken to you? Plenty of other CA's function just like his in the game.

Also, every Shoto is of course a variant of Ryu. He's the base model of a fireball character. However, this is the most unique version of Akuma ever. He has a far bigger tool set than both Ryu and Ken put together.

Wallach

TK fireball? More like.. get pancaked into the ground by psycho axe. I agree though. I think its in bison's favor for sure. Cant hang with our buttons in neutral. If he tries to zone both bison's fireballs are better. If he tries to get cute with red fireball he can hold this ex stomp real quick. If he gets knocked down Mickey Rourke gotta hold all these plus frames. Its an odd feeling having a definitively winning matchup with Bison.

EX blast is kind of godlike in S2

don't tell anyone though okay

FluxWaveZ

I am not going to get over how slow this game feels now for a long time. And some people can't feel it? How is that even possible?

They don't mention anything about it in the 92-page pdf... what did they do? The game feels like this disconnected from any network, too. Same for PS4 and PC.

So far Nash isn't as bad as I feared he would be. I only lost one set since the patch yesterday out of about a dozen sets. Though half of them were Akuma.

I've noticed his jump kick hitbox is smaller. Whiffed a few.

I'm still able to backdash out of danger with the shorter distance and dash forward still allows me to surprise with grabs and norrmals. As for his backdash, I wonder if him coming to a stop sooner allows him to go into another dash quicker? Maybe I'm mistaken but he does have more recovery time with his backdash now as well right?

I guess I'm supposed to be using my v-skill more often now? It's now comboable from one of the target combos that nobody ever does (st.mk, st.hk).

I have to get used to his new v-trigger timing, that delay is killing me.

But overall, SO FAR, at my skill level, things seem to be ok. Just minor adjustments needed it seems like.

mbpm1

"Your strength mirrors a child's beguilement."

-Tekken 7 Akuma

"Your naivety is simple laughable"

-Akuma in SFV

Good to see some consistency with a character

Edzi

I am not going to get over how slow this game feels now for a long time. And some people can't feel it? How is that even possible?

They don't mention anything about it in the 92-page pdf... what did they do? The game feels like this disconnected from any network, too. Same for PS4 and PC.

You sure it's not just the universal slowing of some medium buttons?

Trying to play with Akuma is rough 😢

For some reason I keep missing confirms all over the place. Having a rough time in the neutral game. Not sure what to hit other than cr.mk

Kalentan

Why is his CA broken to you? Plenty of other CA's function just like his in the game.

Also, every Shoto is of course a variant of Ryu. He's the base model of a fireball character. However, this is the most unique version of Akuma ever. He has a far bigger tool set than both Ryu and Ken put together.

Well mainly in part is that I feel like it is the one that can't dodge or block. It punishes you for getting close to him. You can't really bait it.

What thread?

Deluxe Season Pass Thread.

Because the mediums and some heavy moves got nerfed to better whiff punish.

Well mainly in part is that I feel like it is the one that can't dodge or block. It punishes you for getting close to him. You can't really bait it.

Most people aren't going to raw super with Urien so I don't know how you'd bait it in the first place. And getting hit by someone using a raw super from Urien means you need to space him and stay a bit away if he's stocking up meter.

FluxWaveZ

You sure it's not just the universal slowing of some medium buttons?

That might be it? I dunno, yesterday everyone was messing up simple dashes for crush counter combos, and some stuff that shouldn't have changed was affected. I look at characters now and it's like everything is operating in slow motion.

Edzi

That might be it? I dunno, yesterday everyone was messing up simple dashes for crush counter combos, and some stuff that shouldn't have changed was affected. I look at characters now and it's like everything is operating in slow motion.

lol, that's quite the exaggeration. I guess we'll know for sure once people start testing the lag again. I've definitely heard a few people mention this, but none of the bigger names in the FGC seem to be making a fuss yet.

Edzi

GGs Sigmaah, your Vega feels crazy lol. Can't count how many times you'd end a block string with a sweep or random dive.

Recovery timing on dashes have been changed. In many cases, a few attacks have had added recovery frames, including heavies, which means that your dash timing will be off. Same applies to forward throws.

Again, it just seems to me like its a lot of the added start up & recovery frames on medium & heavy attacks across the board.

Kalentan

Most people aren't going to raw super with Urien so I don't know how you'd bait it in the first place. And getting hit by someone using a raw super from Urien means you need to space him and stay a bit away if he's stocking up meter.

I suppose...

Also just played a causal match against a Karin as Juri and they won the first match but then rechallenge them and won the second and as we fought the 3rd match, just as I grabbed them to finish them off and get my second victory...

*Connection to the opponent has been lost*

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom