• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a fun night tonight. Got 30 matches in and only fought 1 ryu and no kens. Was glorious. Bunch of akumas but thats to be expected. Hope the nerf to wake up dps keeps people using more of the cast.

I've probably spent at least 8 hours on this one trial alone since Juri first dropped. All the youtube vids are just people (allegedly) completing the trial. I say allegedly because I'm not convinced that it's even possible to combo Juri's fireball into DP.

Yes I'm salty. Shit is fucking stupid.

I haven't done the full trial, just V-trigger, stHP > lk FB, lk DP, but as far as I can tell, it is a matter of spacing. If you are too close to Ryu, the DP will wiff, but it'll connect if you are standing close to the left side of the square in front of Ryu. Unfortunately, it is past midnight, so I'll have to wait with the full combo till tomorrow, but hopefully that is of use to you.

Neoxon

The Russian hat one is Helen.
I'm aware, but she's also Kolin in disguise, & as such not technically new to the Street Fighter universe. But I guess they could call her Helen due to her going by that name while wearing that outfit.

Tan

This is something I've been wondering for a while and never bothered to look for an answer. Can anyone explain how juggling works? I'm trying to develop an Urien combo and not understanding something.

If necalli j.mp someone in midair they're put in a 'knockdown' state (?) and can be hit midair with any attack, right?

If Urien Cr. HP someone they get sent up in the air but only some attacks can hit them as they're falling back down. He can follow up with cr. HP again but not a third time, why is this?

To put this all together, here's the combo I have (corner only):

Cr. HP, cr. HP xx Violence Knee MK (hold back) , EX Tackle xx Vtrigger (near), walk back to let aegis hit 3 times, MK Tackle, EX Tackle xx VTrigger (near), walk back again, MK Tackle ... and now it won't let me EX Tackle.

New002

Sf4 did the same thing...

Street Fighter 4 did the exact same thing.

It's not about incompetence, why would they waste resources creating trials that comply with the Season 2 changes now, the mode is already there and there are much more urgent problems to fix, SF4 did the same thing and it was fine, incompetence would've been them making you try S1 trials with the S2 changes and not being able to complete them because some would obviously not work. If anything I expect more season compliant trials for all characters by Season 3.

I agree that's it's not incompetence but a matter of prioritizing resources. At the same time I do think it's sloppy to not have updated the trials regardless of what they did with SFIV. I understand the logic, it's just unfortunate and not a good look imo, but they've got bigger fish to fry.

Village

Would problably would be better in a SF general thread, but we don't have one.

So Urien I just notice has a title something along the lines of extra-dimensional conquerer, while this could be and probably is just a title. Could the implication be that the members of the illuminatti either come from, or wish to return or go to another world entirely? While I remember gill wanting to create an eden like promise land, I don't remember him wanting to leave this world?

Urien for marvel infinite confirmed

ElFly

This is something I've been wondering for a while and never bothered to look for an answer. Can anyone explain how juggling works? I'm trying to develop an Urien combo and not understanding something.

If necalli j.mp someone in midair they're put in a 'knockdown' state (?) and can be hit midair with any attack, right?

If Urien Cr. HP someone they get sent up in the air but only some attacks can hit them as they're falling back down. He can follow up with cr. HP again but not a third time, why is this?

Cr. HP, cr. HP xx Violence Knee MK (hold back) , EX Tackle xx Vtrigger (near), walk back to let aegis hit 3 times, MK Tackle, EX Tackle xx VTrigger (near), walk back again, MK Tackle ... and now it won't let me EX Tackle.

in gral, certain moves put the enemy in a juggle state, but only for X hits. X depends on the initial move and normally it is 1

so basically, you gotta look it up

tribal24

Banned
I'm aware, but she's also Kolin in disguise, & as such not technically new to the Street Fighter universe. But I guess they could call her Helen due to her going by that name while wearing that outfit.

They are going to probably try to sell kolin costume, and the name changes when you use the costume.

mitchlol

Zangief Lariat is SF4 awesome tier now...
Anti-Air improved hitbox better choice for damage over the jab..
Can't throw fireballs close range increase Lariat range connects..
Still discovering possibilities.....

I like how the new c.lk either on hit or block you can go straight into EX running bear grab and never whiffs (unless they jump). It's hard to react to and gives great damage/stun.

ElFly

Make said armor function with the same rules as standing blocking if it loses to lows.

that'd work yes

but it'd be waaay too powerful. basically everything but low kicks and a handful of special moves would be eaten by the guard

even a spiral arrow would be guarded where today it hits gief out of the punch

which I'd be ok with, but we would pay for it in some other way with a huge nerf

Wallach

『Inaba Resident』;227006441 said:
Has anyone noticed a weird graphical issue on the PC version? In training mode, characters make the lines of the grid disappear behind them.

It's a side effect of the post-processing AA that isn't enabled on PS4.

JayEH

Uhm yeah, because the trial didn't say "walk forward" for example, but you had to or it wouldn't work.
yes that's what I meant. The trial wouldn't tell you to walk forward you either had to watch the demo or figure out yourself that you had to move.

Has any body been getting any weird stuttering issues?
I've been in training mode and for some reason the game randomly freezes for like a second or 2

Sigmaah

Vega deadass got so much better cause of the dp nerf and buff to normals imo.

Nigga tried to dp me on wake up and I stuffed that shit!!! It's still weird cause timing odd for me still cause I wake up dp still works but obviously not as good.

Also cc hp is a dope af addition.

jett

D-Member
*plays Akuma in casuals*

enhanced-14836-1414320930-8.jpg

This is one weird-feeling shoto.

Mr. X

Juggle potential. It's a hidden value, determines if it can hit juggling opponents and the higher the value the later in a juggle you can use it. I think regular tackles have a higher one than EX Tackle.

Coda

Is it me or does Mika seem somewhat better? Like the few nerfs she got kind of hurts but she still seems strong and has a lot of damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom