• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Recovery timing on dashes have been changed. In many cases, a few attacks have had added recovery frames, including heavies, which means that your dash timing will be off. Same applies to forward throws.

Again, it just seems to me like its a lot of the added start up & recovery frames on medium & heavy attacks across the board.

Dash recovery is a universal change, or for the specific characters indicated in the PDF?

Take Mika's Brimstone loop, for example. The PDF doesn't indicate that anything about that move's recovery or frame data has changed. However, I've had to relearn the timing for the loop from scratch ever since the update.

LakeEarth

Just beat Hard survival with Urien, no fight money :(

Was connected to the Internet the entire time and everything. No error messages. At least I got the colours.

Bob White

I am not going to get over how slow this game feels now for a long time. And some people can't feel it? How is that even possible?

They don't mention anything about it in the 92-page pdf... what did they do? The game feels like this disconnected from any network, too. Same for PS4 and PC.

Nah, man. I'm in training mode now and I feel it. Something is different.

mitchlol

vega and gief got the smartest buffs, been tellin' folks

watch out for both their asses

I might not be the best person to speak on this but as a Gief main (Super Gold) I think the improvement to Lariat has really helped in say the Laura match up, being able to move slightly forward and pass through projectiles and score a hit on an opponent who might be walking behind them is great. I expect the birdie match might be easier now.

My personal favourite change is the c.lk into EX running bear. on counter-hit, block or even hit. It never whiffs unless they jump. Unfortately the really bad match ups for Gief are still ... very bad. Still I enjoy gief and won't be dropping him anytime soon.

Wallach

Ex blast- wait a little- jump behind it constantly like a giant idiot is my jam. All my impractical s1 gimmicks are now suddenly working.

get the opportunity to actually VT and it's like... kreygasm

let the ball get closer, dash and break ankles all day

Sayad

I am not going to get over how slow this game feels now for a long time. And some people can't feel it? How is that even possible?

They don't mention anything about it in the 92-page pdf... what did they do? The game feels like this disconnected from any network, too. Same for PS4 and PC.
I'm starting to think they increased hitstop and VT/CA pause.

Wallach

I might not be the best person to speak on this but as a Gief main (Super Gold) I think the improvement to Lariat has really helped in say the Laura match up, being able to move slightly forward and pass through projectiles and score a hit on an opponent who might be walking behind them is great. I expect the birdie match might be easier now.

My personal favourite change is the c.lk into EX running bear. on counter-hit, block or even hit. It never whiffs unless they jump. Unfortately the really bad match ups for Gief are still ... very bad. Still I enjoy gief and won't be dropping him anytime soon.

yeah man that's the life of playing any character on the far end of any archetype

but seriously gief is going to eat this season, trust in the +2 oBs

mitchlol

Does anyone feel that Gief is closer to USF4 Hugo than ever before? There are so many analogues to Hugo.

The charge HP of Gief when Hugo had the elbow (which also had armour)

The running bear grab is very similar to the meat squasher albeit much slower.

The pokes are similar

The air grab.

I'm not complaining as I liked Hugo just seems as though Gief is morphing.

edit - The headbutt is kinda like the clap!

Zackat

I already felt like Laura was one of his good matchups before.

Maybe I am just bad tho, cause he ate my lunch on Laura bad.

mitchlol

I already felt like Laura was one of his good matchups before.

Maybe I am just bad tho, cause he ate my lunch on Laura bad.

Yeah I think Laura is a good match up for Gief but I found that he fireball game was frustrating to deal with as you had to dash in and SPD while they were charging it. At least now we have a few more options.

I tried to use the Lariat to punish Sim when he left limbs out but still kinda difficult. I'm glad matchups like Karin are more even.

Does anyone feel that Gief is closer to USF4 Hugo than ever before? There are so many analogues to Hugo.

The charge HP of Gief when Hugo had the elbow (which also had armour)

The running bear grab is very similar to the meat squasher albeit much slower.

The pokes are similar

The air grab.

I'm not complaining as I liked Hugo just seems as though Gief is morphing.
As a USF4 Hugo main, I am completely fine with this. Give him a clap in season 3 please.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
get the opportunity to actually VT and it's like... kreygasm

let the ball get closer, dash and break ankles all day

Full screen ex blast double dash V trigger. Dash through xx profit. That's a legit setup now. Funny how far a small change can go.

Wallach

Full screen ex blast double dash V trigger. Dash through xx profit. That's a legit setup now. Funny how far a small change can go.

plus the two piece df.HP, it's my favorite change right now

psycho axe is my favorite move in the game at the moment

sit the fuck down bison's talking

I don't think letting people block the can while I dash up and command grab them and then overhead is a good idea with Birdie, but people are real afraid of that can nowadays so it's working.

It's like they see me litter and freeze.

I figure I can main five characters if I just gimmick all my matches.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
plus the two piece df.HP, it's my favorite change right now

psycho axe is my favorite move in the game at the moment

sit the fuck down bison's talking

I'm still adjusting to the new shadow axe. Right as it hits I remember oh shit i cant combo out of this thing anymore but they usually hit a button and eat the low strong after anyway.

Kashiwaba

with cross continent lag your blanka is very frustrating haha

Lol ggs that was very exhausting and it's getting late here, i was getting some few minor rollbacks but overall it was good on my side :p.
I'm actually starting to like s2 changes i feel like I'm starting to get used to some of the changes.

Wallach

I'm still adjusting to the new shadow axe. Right as it hits I remember oh shit i cant combo out of this thing anymore but they usually hit a button and eat the low strong after anyway.

IMO shadow axe is for cross ups or buffering behind s.MP when you're just sticking it out in neutral looking to whiff punish something

Crossups?
So which of you was complaining about Dictator "nerfs" earlier? ����

Welp back to the S2 salt grind.

I was clear that the two ambiguous changes could mean a lot for him - the c.HP AA and the hitbox on his V-Skill changing, but that we had to see it in action. The rest of his changes, aside from the EX Blast change, are still ass, which is what I was commenting on. The EX Blast change, which is what most Bison players are pumped about, was not conveyed well in the changelog. I read it as only going the distance of the screen, not the stage. Big difference, though it could be on me for misreading.

That said, I'm not confident this makes him competitively viable. We'll see.

Vice

Yeah I think Laura is a good match up for Gief but I found that he fireball game was frustrating to deal with as you had to dash in and SPD while they were charging it. At least now we have a few more options.

I tried to use the Lariat to punish Sim when he left limbs out but still kinda difficult. I'm glad matchups like Karin are more even.

For fireball use standing heavy kick against Laura. Pretty much a free crush counter, recovery is horrible and the trade is massively in Gief's favor if you mistime it. I believe Gief can low profile it with sweep as well.

Wallach

Crossups?

I was clear that the two ambiguous changes could mean a lot for him - the c.HP AA and the hitbox on his V-Skill changing, but that we had to see it in action. The rest of his changes, aside from the EX Blast change, are still ass, which is what I was commenting on. The EX Blast change, which is what most Bison players are pumped about, was not conveyed well in the changelog. I read it as only going the distance of the screen, not the stage. Big difference, though it could be on me for misreading.

That said, I'm not confident this makes him competitively viable. We'll see.

it doesn't just go the stage, EX in VT is almost the exact same speed as non-VT EX

plus the two piece df.HP that gives your soul life (and 150 stun)

seriously bro, bison might not be top tier but he's living the mid life right now and it's more than I ever got out of SF4

it doesn't just go the stage, EX in VT is almost the exact same speed as non-VT EX

plus the two piece df.HP that gives your soul life (and 150 stun)

seriously bro, bison might not be top tier but he's living the mid life right now and it's more than I ever got out of SF4

You gotta speak some English to me man, what on earth do you mean by "two piece"?

Yeah, I saw videos of the EX Blast speed. It's definitely his best change. It's too bad our dash doesn't pass through people outside of VT. :-(

Still, this is enough for me to pick Bison up again and put some serious effort into the game again...too bad I don't get home until January 2nd. -_- Makes me wish I had the Steam version.

Wallach

You gotta speak some English to me man, what on earth do you mean by "two piece"?

Yeah, I saw videos of the EX Blast speed. It's definitely his best change. It's too bad our dash doesn't pass through people outside of VT. :-(

Still, this is enough for me to pick Bison up again and put some serious effort into the game again...too bad I don't get home until January 2nd. -_- Makes me wish I had the Steam version.

psycho axe has a juggle point now

so you can always get a df.HP after any EX blast, a hell attack, stored v-skill fireball, whatever

CC combos = s.HP xx EX blast, df.HP into meaty pressure that beats quickrise and conditions backroll (which is then beat by meaty df.HP) and does 540 stun

also s.MP doesn't pushback far anymore so s.MP CH goes into s.MP clean

and c.MP is a better poke with 3 active frames, and 3f s.LK

just come home karst it's worth living

psycho axe has a juggle point now

so you can always get a df.HP after any EX blast, a hell attack, stored v-skill fireball, whatever

CC combos = s.HP xx EX blast, df.HP into meaty pressure that beats quickrise and conditions backroll (which is then beat by meaty df.HP) and does 540 stun

also s.MP doesn't pushback far anymore so s.MP CH goes into s.MP clean

and c.MP is a better poke with 3 active frames, and 3f s.LK

just come home karst it's worth living
But what does "two piece" mean? lol I knew all this stuff!

I just landed from my flight to Michigan with my wife and son - it's too late for me. I leave it to the other Bison players to fill me with videos and gifs! Does Tampa Bison regularly attend any weeklies? He's the only competitive Bison I respect.

Wallach

I just landed from my flight to Michigan with my wife and son - it's too late for me. I leave it to the other Bison players to fill me with videos and gifs! Does Tampa Bison regularly attend any weeklies? He's the only competitive Bison I respect.

basically psycho axe having a juggle point means you can always land a df.HP out of the air after an EX blast

on CC if you do s.HP xx EX blast, df.HP you can mash s.HP for a perfect meaty, or df.HP beats all back roll options

the stored v-skill also changes the game big time against anyone with a projectile, and parrying a lot of jump-ins is somewhat easier to get one to load into a combo or punish later (which can also be spiked to a knockdown with df.HP if you are sharp enough)

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Damn Karst how old ARE you if you don't know what a two piece is?

Bizazedo

Meaty Psycho Axe followed by throw or 3 frame st.lk is so fucking dirty. Especially when one has V-trigger to cancel the light scissor kick after st.lk.

So far the only character I'm having issues against is Cammie. The rest I blame myself when I lose right now.

basically psycho axe having a juggle point means you can always land a df.HP out of the air after an EX blast

on CC if you do s.HP xx EX blast, df.HP you can mash s.HP for a perfect meaty, or df.HP beats all back roll options

the stored v-skill also changes the game big time against anyone with a projectile, and parrying a lot of jump-ins is somewhat easier to get one to load into a combo or punish later (which can also be spiked to a knockdown with df.HP if you are sharp enough)
Just define the term "two piece" for me. :(

Damn Karst how old ARE you if you don't know what a two piece is?

This is what I got when I googled Street Fighter two piece:
SRK-SWIMSUIT-PIECE.jpg

Street Fighter One Piece:

I don't understand. :(
Meaty Psycho Axe followed by throw or 3 frame st.lk is so fucking dirty. Especially when one has V-trigger to cancel the light scissor kick after st.lk.

So far the only character I'm having issues against is Cammie. The rest I blame myself when I lose right now.

SRK has a video - you can shimmy. Cammy is the character that made me say "fuck this" with Bison (hi Skillz).

Bizazedo

SRK has a video - you can shimmy. Cammy is the character that made me say "fuck this" with Bison (hi Skillz).
Yeah, I saw it. Problem is my opponents aren't cooperating and are just freaking out for the most part or spamming lights whenever I do try to shimmy instead of throw teching.

Admittedly, I haven't been trying it too much because the throw or st.lk is getting a ton of mileage.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
i'm older than you, i refuse to answer this

I got this. I'll put it into context. Part one (of two) is ex blast. Part two (of two) is smacking them down with psycho axe whils't they're launched. Two piece. Now you're caught up on a 1991 colloquialism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom