• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I foolishly decided to give this game another chance despite the fact it installed a fucking rootkit on my PC, but it seems to have branded me with the scarlet letter even though I haven't quit a single match. Like, I spent an hour trying to play last night and I got 4 matches and none of them were recorded cuz the servers were fucked. But hey, one of them DC'd cuz the servers went down! So now I am stuck in rage quit hell and it's 10+ minutes between matches so yeah, this game is fucking awful and I do not think I will be giving Capcom any more money.

Edzi

GGs, glad I could steal some sets with Alex. Chun feels virtually untouched by the nerfs, which is super scary. I actually can't believe they let her keep the super ambiguous stomps and her light AA.

Producer

GGs, glad I could steal some sets with Alex. Chun feels virtually untouched by the nerfs, which is super scary. I actually can't believe they let her keep the super ambiguous stomps and her light AA.

GGs man, your Akuma is pretty damn good already. I can tell you she doesnt feel that way to me lol, but yeah. Im still trying to play autopilot S1 mode and missing alot of stuff

Edzi

GGs man, your Akuma is pretty damn good already. I can tell you she doesnt feel that way to me lol, but yeah. Im still trying to play autopilot S1 mode and missing alot of stuff

Yeah, I can only speak from my experience as the one facing her. The only major thing I've noticed is the air legs nerf, which feels pretty fair now.

And thanks, I'm still trying to get a feel for using all of Akuma's tools. I was iffy about him at first, but he's a ton of fun to play so I'll probably try to spend some time figuring him out.

Finally got off ranked after hours and I'm around 5KLP for the first time ever. Passing 4KLP felt impossible before with all the wakeup reversals and general nonsense top 8 characters possessed in S1. Unfortunately ragequitting Bison and Ryu players ran away away with over 190LP. These wakeup reversal changes are magical, but the white life change feels dumb. Online feels like we're back in the launch period of SFV, but I'll take these wins and hold them close to my chest anyway.

Out of all the characters I've fought so far Bison and Urien seem the scariest right now. The former's stun output is at astronomic levels right now and the latter sort of feels like S1 Ryu and Chun in the sense that he can play however he wants. Capcom was clearly drinking the illuminati koolaid.

Oh, and use urban dictionary when you can't figure out urban slang, Karsticles.

Edzi

Finally got off ranked after hours and I'm around 5KLP for the first time ever. Passing 4KLP felt impossible before with all the wakeup reversals and general nonsense top 8 characters possessed in S1. Unfortunately ragequitting Bison and Ryu players ran away away with over 190LP. These wakeup reversal changes are magical, but the white life change feels dumb. Online feels like we're back in the launch period of SFV, but I'll take these wins and hold them close to my chest anyway.

Out of all the characters I've fought so far Bison and Urien seem the scariest right now. The former's stun output is at astronomic levels right now and the latter sort of feels like S1 Ryu and Chun in the sense that he can play however he wants. Capcom was clearly drinking the illuminati koolaid.

Of all the season 2 changes, the only one I'm really not feeling right now is the gray life change. Now, it just feels like it might as well be chip, cuz you aint getting it back anymore.

kirblar

White life is too slow now, it might as well be chip damage.

mbpm1

Servers are just randomly dropping for me midmatch now and most games are laggy when I get in. Guess that's one way to prevent any akuma salt, by replacing it with game salt

DR2K

Banned
Of all the season 2 changes, the only one I'm really not feeling right now is the gray life change. Now, it just feels like it might as well be chip, cuz you aint getting it back anymore.

Good. Fuck being able to block mindlessly block, run to a corner and regenerate your health. Just blocking and sticking to defense has its consequences. The most sure fire way to regen health is to be on the offensive.

vulva

Good. Fuck being able to block mindlessly block, run to a corner and regenerate your health. Just blocking and sticking to defense has its consequences. The most sure fire way to regen health is to be on the offensive.

Mindlessly block?

Had a pretty great night with Mika overall; those invincible reversal nerfs are an absolute godsend even despite the harsh thrashing some of her most reliable tech got.

I found myself having a really difficult time against turtle-y Bison though. Seemed like no matter what I tried to do to approach he was able to stuff it and though I pulled through in the end it was extremely frustrating to deal with.

Anyone have advice for closing the gap without eating a dozen knees to the noggin? Bison normally isn't a problem for me and maybe it's just post-patch jitters, but I wanna get this playstyle figured out before it can become a problem.

White life is too slow now, it might as well be chip damage.
Spot on
One of the silliest fighting game sentences I've ever read in my entire life. Blocking so effectively also does have it's consequences. Someone constantly blocking and planting themselves in the corner will almost always build less v-gauge and regular meter. I benefit from this change greatly as a Karin player, but it does feel stupid to even have gray/white life regenerating this slowly.

HardRojo

How do you mindlessly block? I wish I was so effective at blocking. Also, gray health only recovers as long as you're not blocking nor taking damage as far as I remember, so chances are that if you're blocking constantly you're eating even more gray health.

Xevren

Can anyone recommend any ibuki players to follow? Either on youtube or those that stream would be great. Been trying to get back into the things with the new season and just wanted to look at how they play. Rommaler is the only one I really have seen on twitch.

I'm not sure if it is still the case, as I can't see the price after making the purchase, but it looks like the B(est)-Boy Ryu and Gerudo Chun-Li costumes were at half the price that Capcom wrote that they would be sold at (2€ instead of 4€), when I purchased them yesterday.

So if you are on Steam and were considering getting those costumes, then it might be worthwhile to grab them now, if they haven't already fixed the price.

That's silly then, you may as well have chip like others have said, and it hurts Zangief as well.

Marvel

could never
Haha you can juggle after Akuma's taunt hits.

Taunt then Super finish would be the ultimate disrespect.

Would never happen but you never know. I'm just happy the taunt hits, reminds me of 3S taunts. I miss Urien's actually.
I killed a guy with taunt last night lol.

But it was after a stun so less amazing. Love taunts that have hits man.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
『Inaba Resident』;227006441 said:
Has anyone noticed a weird graphical issue on the PC version? In training mode, characters make the lines of the grid disappear behind them.
Yeah, I hate it. Asked about it recently here, too: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226799506&postcount=9800 but to no avail.

It's a side effect of the post-processing AA that isn't enabled on PS4.
Oh, so setting Post-Processing to low should remove it? I would prefer no AA to this, I think.

Nah, man. I'm in training mode now and I feel it. Something is different.
Take Mika's Brimstone loop, for example. The PDF doesn't indicate that anything about that move's recovery or frame data has changed. However, I've had to relearn the timing for the loop from scratch ever since the update.
I'm telling you, something is different. I thought maybe the input buffer, but hitstop sounds like a good guess, too.

Grakl

Yeah, I hate it. Asked about it recently here, too: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226799506&postcount=9800 but to no avail.

Oh, so setting Post-Processing to low should remove it? I would prefer no AA to this, I think.

I'm telling you, something is different. I thought maybe the input buffer, but hitstop sounds like a good guess, too.

I think it is hitstop, feels like it's easier to confirm hits into links that are technically 1 frame (but ofc with the 3 frame buffer). def feels slightly slower

Nachtmaer

I've noticed this basically since launch. I play in windowed mode because I use two monitors and everytime I click out and back into the game, the background (grid lines) get all fuzzy for a second. I guess it is the post processing getting reset or something. I've set mine to medium though because I don't like motion blur.

Marvel

could never
Is there some kinda trick to getting Akuma's mk, vskill, mklaunch, flip, fb? I did it in trial 10 first try but haven't been able to get it since.

Keep getting palm, but I know you can get a standard non ex fb in midair. It feels tricky af.

Pompadour

Is there some kinda trick to getting Akuma's mk, vskill, mklaunch, flip, fb? I did it in trial 10 first try but haven't been able to get it since.

Keep getting palm, but I know you can get a standard non ex fb in midair. It feels tricky af.

I just did it very, very quickly. I practiced MK, MP+MK, MK, HCF+K, QCF+LP by itself and during the actual combo I just do that section as quickly as possible. It doesn't seem to work if you wait too long to input the QCF.

Do you not need to be in vtrigger to air fb out of demon flip?

Nachtmaer

I just did it very, very quickly. I practiced MK, MP+MK, MK, HCF+K, QCF+LP by itself and during the actual combo I just do that section as quickly as possible. It doesn't seem to work if you wait too long to input the QCF.

I noticed that if you do the HCF while (or right before) you do the MK for the launch, the DF still comes out. At least I think that's how I did it. Being able to drop one MK is nice for someone with sloppy execution like me.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Anyone else having issues with legacy controllers on PS4 after the update? Had my PS3 controller stop being recognized mid-match several times in a row last night. Did not have any issues with it before this update.

Onemic

Akuma feels hella different from his other incarnations. Seems like the only usueable buttons in neutral are cr.mp, st.mk, and st.hp. St.mk feels hella good tho as a counter poke and whiff punisher.

His V-Skill as a defensive tool seems pretty shitty aside from its use as a risky AA. Akuma has low enough life as is, so I dont see why you would want to risk losing more since it only gives him armor and isnt a real parry like Ryu's.

Marvel

could never
I only really use his parry to close out a game from a jump-in. Just to look flashy, otherwise doing it multiple times in a round will get you killed tbh. Grey life is crazy now.

Yeah I think Laura is a good match up for Gief but I found that he fireball game was frustrating to deal with as you had to dash in and SPD while they were charging it. At least now we have a few more options.

I tried to use the Lariat to punish Sim when he left limbs out but still kinda difficult. I'm glad matchups like Karin are more even.

As Gief you can just walk forward and st.HK her as she tries to throw a fireball. No need respect it

Onemic

I only really use his parry to close out a game from a jump-in. Just to look flashy, otherwise doing it multiple times in a round will get you killed tbh. Grey life is crazy now.

Ya, the grey life recovery change makes it even riskier, since getting back your grey health will take double the amount of time it used to

His super is also seems lika a really solid AA from the times ive used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom