• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR2K

Banned
Mindlessly block?

Yep. A lot of players literally freeze up and crouch and block. It's not like there's some super fast over heads in this game. I'll literally throw out an unsafe move, but they're so afraid to react and punish that they let you get away with murder. This is more a design choice that mostly effected low and mid level play.

Not every balance design is catered to the top 1 percent of players.

That's why everyone here was dead ass wrong about Cammy being good when someone would complain about her. From a statistical analysis based on usage and win rates she was the absolute worst. (#5 highest used, bottom win rate) Regardless of what top level players were able to accomplish. She was mostly buffed.

Village

You know what I would like content wise, while its minor.

For specialized costumes, to get specialized, win quotes. Like for example if young ryu and ken fight, they get special win quotes. Or if Young ryu fights orginal akuma, different win quotes.

Stuff like that

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. A lot of players literally freeze up and crouch and block. It's not like there's some super fast over heads in this game. I'll literally throw out an unsafe move, but they're so afraid to react and punish that they let you get away with murder. This is more a design choice that mostly effected low and mid level play.

That's why everyone here was dead ass wrong about Cammy being good when someone would complain about her. From a statistical analysis based on usage and win rates she was the absolute worst. (#5 highest used, bottom win rate) Regardless of what top level players were able to accomplish. She was mostly buffed.
You can throw people.

Marvel

could never
Rahid's EX mixer can now combo into that awesome looking EX divekick no one really used? just got rocked by it lol

w a t

Onemic

throw is there for a reason

Pompadour

You know what I would like content wise, while its minor.

For specialized costumes, to get specialized, win quotes. Like for example if young ryu and ken fight, they get special win quotes. Or if Young ryu fights orginal akuma, different win quotes.

Stuff like that

There should be just a ton of that, in general. All the custom intros and things like that are one of the few things MKX really excelled at.

9Heckso.png

DR2K

Banned
You can walk up and throw

Address it to Capcom then. Can't really help you there. I'm just explaining why Capcom themselves are trying to deter an over reliance on blocking in their design approach in SFV.

The cute one word responses and pictures are classy and welcome conversational pieces.

Skilletor

Address it to Capcom then. Can't really help you there. I'm just explaining why Capcom themselves are trying to deter an over reliance on blocking in their design approach in SFV.

The cute one word responses and pictures are classy and welcome conversational pieces.

Cammys buffs all make you block more, though.

Obscura

Anyone else having issues with legacy controllers on PS4 after the update? Had my PS3 controller stop being recognized mid-match several times in a row last night. Did not have any issues with it before this update.

I assume you're using a brooks converter? It has to be updated. Google Brooks's super converter, go to their site, click downloads and then find your model. Sony keeps adding an 8 minute time out for converters with each big patch they release.

Village

If he trained with sim, where are his limbs?

I know this is a joke, but in a sense his entire moveset. He doesn't feel heavy, he feels deliberate and slow. Much like dhalsim, you can't just throw out limbs, you have to do it carefully because those things have hit boxes. With akuma's his parry response and hado feel very slow and deliberate. Its even reflected in his design, he's actually phsyically bigger. Along with that his hado come out like miasma rather than the fire that the other one's have. His Demon flip is super dhalsim ey, it just feels super slow. But its not bad, he's making a deliberate and active choice as to what he does. Every move feels powerful and feels like it has purpose. Even the weird heihachi heavy combo he has. Max said he feels a bit more like oni, which is fair. But I would argue I kinda feels like gouken. He actually feels like a master of the fist

They did a good job, on everything , but his shape up.

Grakl

Lol

So how are Zangief players feeling regarding the character now? He's gotten some pretty good buffs to his close range game, also a few nerfs.

mbpm1

I know this is a joke, but in a sense his entire moveset. He doesn't feel heavy, he feels deliberate and slow. Much like dhalsim, you can't just throw out limbs, you have to do it carefully because those things have hit boxes. With akuma's his parry response and hado feel very slow and deliberate. Its even reflected in his design, he's actually phsyically bigger. Along with that his hado come out like miasma rather than the fire that the other one's have. His Demon flip is super dhalsim ey, it just feels super slow. But its not bad, he's making a deliberate and active choice as to what he does. Every move feels powerful and feels like it has purpose. Even the weird heihachi heavy combo he has. Max said he feels a bit more like oni, which is fair. But I would argue I kinda feels like gouken. He actually feels like a master of the fist

They did a good job, on everything , but his shape up.

I feel like he's more of a trickster character this time. He has to outsmart his opponent constantly

So how are Zangief players feeling regarding the character now? He's gotten some pretty good buffs to his close range game, also a few nerfs.
I'm not a Gief player, but none of the ones I've fought since the balance update have attempted to use his V-skill. Capcom literally made it as obscure as Alex's overhaul V-skill. The gray life change killed his super armor. I still think some players are being overly respectful, though. The payoff is worth it if you can super armor and EX SPD against low health characters.

ElFly

Lariat buff is great, particularly now that it is way more comboable

Other buffs.... I need more lab time to take advantage of them

Grey health nerf is a huge zangief nerf, tho, which hits him hardest against zoners

IMHO his good MU became better, but some of his harder MU became harder. Overall he is undeniably better

I assume you're using a brooks converter? It has to be updated. Google Brooks's super converter, go to their site, click downloads and then find your model. Sony keeps adding an 8 minute time out for converters with each big patch they release.
Did they just release a patch? I was playing last night through a Brooks and didn't have any timeout issues. I updated my brooks firmware maybe 2 weeks ago when I got it.

Why does Sony patch out compatibility anyway? Why do they care whether I use an older third party controller vs a new one?

Also, noob question but what do I do when Gief is all red and slowly walking towards me, seemingly invincible? And what beats that move where he comes rushing at me with arms open to grab me and piledrive my ass? I kept getting fucked up by Giefs last night because I didn't know what to do, and when I did successfully counter I wasn't sure what had worked.

Playing as Guile BTW.

Village

I feel like he's more of a trickster character this time. He has to outsmart his opponent constantly

That's kind of akuma allways, he has so many options and so much damage at the expensive of health. However, to me it feels like this akuma is a man who mastered his craft, and on a gameplay level he feels like its less "tricking" and more " mind games" and for some people might consider those the same, but I think there is difference.

tariniel

Bison players, what should I do instead of relying on dashing? I think I'm doing dash grab/HK too much and I eat damage for it. Psycho Axe used to be the thing but now that it's slower I'm finding a lot of people reacting to it and hitting me out of it. Not always but it happens way more than before.

Whales

Banned
Idont understand the point of akuma's double HK

If you actually manage to land it and confirm it, it leaves you too far to do anything else unless you were literally in their face... Why? it should bring you close so you can link st.mk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom