• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean when his V-Trigger is activated or his V-skill?

His V-skill is when he flexes his muscles and can walk forward. That move absorbs hits with a max of 2.

When he activates V-Trigger, he can activate a suction move at will that pulls you in and that move is projectile invincible so be mindful. Also, when he's in V-Trigger, his V-skill has no limit to the amount of hits it can absorb. The V-skill can still get thrown /command grabbed though.

That running bear grab move only be dodged by hitting him out of it before it reaches you, or by jumping. If he's particularly far away, you can just move away from him and let him walk towards you and not grab but Giefs rarely do that.

Thanks! I guess I meant V-Skill. I'm not sure I saw that V-Trigger move.

On the running bear thing, is that just a set distance until he goes for the grab, or does he need to hit a button to initiate it? Meaning once he's input the move does it execute from running through the grab at a set distance without pushing another button? Can you just jump hk into it, or (unless he's far away) better to dash forward and get a quick hit or throw in?

it will absorb up to 2 hits (3 if they do it at the very very start of a multihit move, infinite hits in V-Trigger) and after a fraction of a second he can release that weird flex punch. the punch itself has no armor while active but it is hard to counterhit it

basically you are being too predictaboo and they are absorbing your hits and punishing you. either switch it up, grab them or just move away after hitting it. you may be too consistent with your pressure strings and they may be putting in a muscle flex in between

the running grab gets beaten by...anything. but depending on how they do it you may not have the time to react. beware the EX version cause it absorbs a hit (two hits after a long while)

depending on distance, you may even dodge it by walking backwards but it is risky. just hold up and you will jump to safety and in the way down you can punish. just be careful to not jump when they are not doing a grab cause that's when they are gonna...jump and grab you too, or just plain old hit you with some of the AAs . I am gonna guess they either are doing it after a LK and you don't have time to react, or doing it with EX when you are prone to counterattacking. basically be prepared to jump if Zangief rises his hands but keep in mind that they may be conditioning you so you learn to jump so they can punish you further. don't get in that situation in the first place

Awesome - thanks for this!

LakeEarth

This attitude's gross. There's nothing wrong with playing to win.

I was matched to a Birdie who's default stage was the beach, dropping bananas and cans everywhere. That's just dirty!

It might just have been a lucky run, but in my Hard survival run last night, I was getting the option of high/full health regeneration a lot more often. Might have been luck, but maybe they tweaked the "randomness" to give you the better options more often. Not sure though.

ElFly

he runs a set distance, BUT will stop and grab if the enemy is in range. I doubt they are doing it at max distance tho. the player has no control whatsoever after it starts

there's a small pause between running and stopping and grabbing but you should not trust this. also, the EX version loses the armor during the stop and grab portion (and doesn't have armor on the couple of frames of startup so it is not a wakeup option. only safe wakeup for zangief is CA)

I was matched to a Birdie who's default stage was the beach, dropping bananas and cans everywhere. That's just dirty!
Agreed, that's just fucking disgraceful. I know it's in the game and all that, but it's just a matter of common decency.

Also fuck Capcom for not actually fixing the water in that stage, come on.

There's nothing wrong with using certain characters to win a tournament because in SFV, it's not like selecting high tier is going to get you the win. Mika and Guile most definitely were not above Chun on the tier list. And counterpicking has always been a thing (although, I don't know who's favor those matchups were).

In fact, it's probably better for people to stop using only one character and branch out to a few ala SF4. It's not as effective and match determining, but you'll at least have an edge.

It's not like you won't have to still put in that work or get bopped, or that the other person wasn't ready for the bad matchup.

myco666

It might just have been a lucky run, but in my Hard survival run last night, I was getting the option of high/full health regeneration a lot more often. Might have been luck, but maybe they tweaked the "randomness" to give you the better options more often. Not sure though.

Using beach stage is dirty by default. Really hard to see anything in that stage.

Waiting for a Cammy main to say it. What's the hot take from DR2K?

Still needs a tool against people who mindlessly block.

Unless we're talking Vanilla SF4 Sagat levels of cheapness, I really can't fault anyone for picking a character simply because they're good. It's not like you can't pick that character or an equivalently good character.

FChamp mains Dhalsim but he gets that his character wasn't particularly hot so he started picking up Nash to cover some of the matchups that he struggled with. Nothing wrong with that.

vulva

Found some tech to beating the mindless blocking, you just hit light punch and light kick together. Don't tell anyone though.

The Deluxe Edition (with the game, Season 1 and 2) is on sale on Steam right now.
This is $47.28 on Steam now during the Winter Sale

EDIT: Wait, was SF5 on sale during Week 1/Week 2 of the US PSN Sale? Cause if not, it might also go on sale during Week 4.

EDIT2: There might be a Flash sale this weekend, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Tripon

Address it to Capcom then. Can't really help you there. I'm just explaining why Capcom themselves are trying to deter an over reliance on blocking in their design approach in SFV.

The cute one word responses and pictures are classy and welcome conversational pieces.

What's wrong with throwing?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is Steam back to doing flash sales? I thought they didn't do that anymore.
Anyway, didn't know the sale started today, gotta lock down my wallet.

Wait, am I crazy or is Season 2's base price more than Season 1s?
Season 1 has been reduced to 20$/€ now. Season 2 is still 30.
Is Steam back to doing flash sales? I thought they didn't do that anymore.
Anyway, didn't know the sale started today, gotta lock down my wallet.
I don't think they do that "different sale per day/8 hours" scene any more. Now it's the same sales for the entire duration, but they just highlight different games on the main page. So now you can buy all the good stuff on Day 1 and be done with it.

Horseress

Alex may have been nerfed, but I gotta say I'm having more fun with him now than ever before! Crouching fierce working properly as AA and front fierce linking with strong makes all the difference

Urien doesn't feel too different. It's going to take me a minute to get used to his b.HK move becoming df.HK, but it's definitely for the best, as it was easy to accidentally do the move when you meant s.HK to antiair. His c.HP is a better anti-air too, and is more likely to lead to a juggle state now. And in at least 1 match, the 25 extra health kept me alive long enough to get the win. Nice!

Some of his normals are a bit slower, but totally worth it for the buffs.

But as I mentioned earlier, I beat Hard Survival with Urien and didn't get the fight money. Still upset about that. I won't touch the mode until it is guaranteed that the problem is fixed.
I like that they gave him back his juggle with c.Hp after c.Hp like he had in 3s... Makes his combos more fun now..

He had to be in line with his looks

l1vq84epvu4y.jpg

tribal24

Banned
im still waiting for when everything is truly up and running and we see more active sales for premium costumes and double or triple fight money weeks. i still think they have to tweak the fight money stuff.

This is why I hate people.

Pick a character because you enjoy that character. Stop hopping from character to character trying to find the most advantageous and easiest one when stats change or they rise in the tier list.
Nah fuck that. I always play a character I like AND a top character. I can only take so many L's

Granted I play every character anyway. I have yet to play since Season 2 started though. Work has just been too much.

Guile is more fun to watch then Ryu... I always snoozed when watching Daigo's Ryu get bopped.

He had to drop Ryu. Ryu got pretty hard with nerfs and received practically nothing in return. Only die hard shoto/Ryu players will continue using him like me. But anybody that wants to do well in CPT 2017 should move on to someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom