• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadoken

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...ar-yet-new-its-players-develop-him-character/

Combofiend - "The main focus of Akuma in Street Fighter 5 was to make him feel familiar, yet new... it's up to the players to develop him as a character"

What a load of BS. The last time someone developed a playstyle (Infiltration Nash) Capcom werent aware of they killed that style.You play the way Capcom tells you to , or you get rekt after a year.

Ucchedavāda;227049242 said:
It's what, day two of season 2?
So why not give new Nash a chance before writing him off completely?

That would be ok, but the nerf to Sonic booms made it much weaker as well. I dont know what Capcom expects people to do with the character. Sure he can do well against characters who have a natural weakness against Fireballs. But apart from that they just made him less fun to play. Curious to hear Bonchans thoughts on the character , since he relied Heavily on using Sonic booms in neutral and upclose. Infiltration's style is dead and gone.

They should have buffed his walkspeed if they wanted him to play more footsies/offensive pressure. All those frame traps mean nothing if you cant setup a throw game.

Producer

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...ar-yet-new-its-players-develop-him-character/

Combofiend - "The main focus of Akuma in Street Fighter 5 was to make him feel familiar, yet new... it's up to the players to develop him as a character"

What a load of BS. The last time someone developed a playstyle (Infiltration Nash) Capcom werent aware of they killed that style.You play the way Capcom tells you to , or you get rekt after a year.

All of the Nash bitching during the first half of the year did its job. By the time people started to figure him out, it seems capcom was already set in nerfing him. Definately seems too reactionary.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I assume you're using a brooks converter? It has to be updated. Google Brooks's super converter, go to their site, click downloads and then find your model. Sony keeps adding an 8 minute time out for converters with each big patch they release.

Nope...just plugging a PS3 Mad Catz fightpad into the PS4. Maybe this is a sign to finally switch over to Hori FC.

Shadoken

Nash is probably fine

Only Bonchan can tell us. By the later half of the Season he was the only consistent Nash player. Since people had already figured out Infils Hit and Run style. Infiltration has already confirmed hes not playing Nash.
And Bonchan cant really be throwing booms up close like he normally does with the nerfs to Pushback and Additional Hurtbox. So yea I would genuinely be curious how these players can make Nash work. Nobody else made top 32 with the character anyway.

Most characters will be fine if they nerf one or two strong tools. But nerfing every tool the character has will kill him. Not one aspect of Nash was left un-nerfed.

Tan

So in reference to people talking about the game feeling slower...

My performance on PC is definitely worse with this update

Shadoken

First I'm hearing of this.

Read patch notes. Many characters got their hitbox moved upward,hurtbox extended downwards and Active frames reduced for Crossups and Jumpins.
Hence making it possible even a regular Jab to AA. Though it is still quite risky against Jumpins. Cross ups never had a great hitbox anyway.

Heck low profile moves should also work much better now since active frames are down. So if someone did a jumpin early you can low profile it and if someone does it late , you can AA Jab it.

Edzi

GGs Whales. You play super slow and patient and got me on tilt with the jab AAs, so I had to switch to Alex to compose myself lol.

Whales

Banned
GGs Edzi... my akuma still needs a lot of practice T_T

Althought I was hyped as fuck when I got that comeback in game 1 and KOed you with that ground pound lol

myco666

Just played a match against Akuma. Baiting DPs is working well.

Haven't tested it yet but can you Bullhorn through Akumas air fireball?

jett

D-Member

That would be ok, but the nerf to Sonic booms made it much weaker as well. I dont know what Capcom expects people to do with the character. Sure he can do well against characters who have a natural weakness against Fireballs. But apart from that they just made him less fun to play. Curious to hear Bonchans thoughts on the character , since he relied Heavily on using Sonic booms in neutral and upclose. Infiltration's style is dead and gone.

They should have buffed his walkspeed if they wanted him to play more footsies/offensive pressure. All those frame traps mean nothing if you cant setup a throw game.

Combofiend says a lot of bullshit to be honest. He's just a PR mouthpiece.

This always happens. If you don't like what they did to Nash you are free to quit using him. We are only on our second day of season 2, let the meta breathe and let people put in work across the board.

If some good shit comes you can always return.

Marvel

could never
My hair broke
Sh1y1v0.jpg

Is it just me or the servers are worse now
Whenever a fighting game gets an update, casuals come out of the woodwork. They are usually wireless or on worse connections, lowering the general experience. Some of them come on here and complain, not knowing they are the problem.

ElFly

Whenever a fighting game gets an update, casuals come out of the woodwork. They are usually wireless or on worse connections, lowering the general experience. Some of them come on here and complain, not knowing they are the problem.

I get that but I mean

After today's emergency maintenance

Ucchedavāda;227049242 said:
It's what, day two of season 2?
So why not give new Nash a chance before writing him off completely?

Probably they don't know other playstyle other than Infiltration's. He has Cr.mk which has good reach and faster booms.

Marvel

could never
Anyone else dropping shit because of the normals changes? I'm like butterfingers over here.
I haven't played with anyone but Akuma since S2's launch, but I am now double tapping everything to avoid dropping my shit. Never really used to.

leroidys

Ugh, ran into my first lag-switcher since the patch. Wonder if this will become more common now that rage quitting isn't a viable strategy.

It was match 3 and I had a huge life lead, then the lag starts and the Ryu does his shinkuu hadouken from halfway across the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom