• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had to drop Ryu. Ryu got pretty hard with nerfs and received practically nothing in return. Only die hard shoto/Ryu players will continue using him like me. But anybody that wants to do well in CPT 2017 should move on to someone else.

Nah he got some decent things in return (I think, don't quote me). I think the way Guile plays in this game would satisfy him a lot more than the way Ryu has to play. Guile can play more solid while Ryu has to play a bit more fluid since only playing solid doesn't always work out.

He had to drop Ryu. Ryu got pretty hard with nerfs and received practically nothing in return. Only die hard shoto/Ryu players will continue using him like me. But anybody that wants to do well in CPT 2017 should move on to someone else.

The new meta isn't even sussed out yet. Picking top tier characters doesn't guarantee you the win, as CPT showed. You think people would learn by now that SFV isn't so reliant on tiers that you gimp yourself (most of the time) by playing nerfed dudes, but whatever you gotta due to set up those loss OS lol

Dahbomb

This is why I hate people.

Pick a character because you enjoy that character. Stop hopping from character to character trying to find the most advantageous and easiest one when stats change or they rise in the tier list.
KnuckleDu America's golden boy admitted to "renting" R Mika for a season because he knew she was BS. Now he can play is real character for season 2.

I got a pocket Birdie, a pocket Urien, and an Akuma main. What else do I need? More pockets?
image.php

ElFly

The new meta isn't even sussed out yet. Picking top tier characters doesn't guarantee you the win, as CPT showed. You think people would learn by now that SFV isn't so reliant on tiers that you gimp yourself (most of the time) by playing nerfed dudes, but whatever you gotta due to set up those loss OS lol

yeaaah but to be fair, Ryu didn't do that hot in EVO or CPT so I think dropping a middling character who received some berfs is prolly a good decision if you are interested in results

and dunno how much tiers don't matter; Chun was prolly the best overall in S1 and she got two top 8s in EVO and three in CPT. yeah she got beaten both times by someone lower in the tier list but honestly, Mika wasn't _that_ low in the tier list either

Producer

I dunno what they did to Chuns jab or maybe charge moves in general but doing sLP -> SBK is alot more easier now than it was in S1. Cancel window seems big

Ucchedavāda;227039262 said:
The bundle is only available for new customers: "This offer is only available when buying all 3 items at the same time."

Would have been a nice gesture for existing customers, though, if we could actually purchase it.

Oh ok, would've been nice yeah
Using beach stage is dirty by default. Really hard to see anything
If you are having problems with the stage it sounds like you need to calibrate your screen, sounds like your brightness/contrast is out of whack; I recall another poster not being able to discern a difference between chun-li's dress(battle colour 10), her legs and the sand of the beach, which is a sign of a terribly balanced screen.

paolo11

I'm at the same boat. I'LL use Ryu for life but I just need a new strategy to punish Bison Balrog and Urien.

I'm totally lost right now. I've been forcing myself to play Guile now that Nash is broken, but it's not as much fun and I don't really like charge characters. I'd probably swap to Sim if I had a stick but he's too hard for me on pad to do stuff like instant teleports. I just wanna play hit and run characters.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";227049076]I'm totally lost right now. I've been forcing myself to play Guile now that Nash is broken, but it's not as much fun and I don't really like charge characters. I'd probably swap to Sim if I had a stick but he's too hard for me on pad to do stuff like instant teleports. I just wanna play hit and run characters.[/QUOTE]

It's what, day two of season 2?
So why not give new Nash a chance before writing him off completely?

Farewell

It was so unnecessary to reduce birdies health from 1050 to 1025, makes the guile match up even harder. Birdie is just too fat.

Meanwhile they increase uriens health to 1025, capcom logic.

Femto.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";227049076]I'm totally lost right now. I've been forcing myself to play Guile now that Nash is broken, but it's not as much fun and I don't really like charge characters. I'd probably swap to Sim if I had a stick but he's too hard for me on pad to do stuff like instant teleports. I just wanna play hit and run characters.[/QUOTE]

Don't be a Chris T and give Nash a fair try before quitting cold turkey.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";227049294]I did. I hate how slow he feels now.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, all back dash speeds were reduced IIRC and the slowness that online has to it right now.

I'm not a character loyalist, I don't feel any particular attachment to Nash. He was my main because of his playstyle and if his playstyle is changing I'm just gonna drop him.

myco666

If you are having problems with the stage it sounds like you need to calibrate your screen, sounds like your brightness/contrast is out of whack; I recall another poster not being able to discern a difference between chun-li's dress(battle colour 10), her legs and the sand of the beach, which is a sign of a terribly balanced screen.

Hmm might be this. Don't remember if I have ever adjusted anything on my TV aside from getting all post processing stuff turned off.

It was so unnecessary to reduce birdies health from 1050 to 1025, makes the guile match up even harder. Birdie is just too fat.

Meanwhile they increase uriens health to 1025, capcom logic.

Is that a big nerf though? Haven't played a single match yet so can't really say anything about it but sounds really small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom