• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

My hair broke
Sh1y1v0.jpg
Bakumaru.
Benikuma.

Femto.

Servers are acting wonky as hell right now, just got denied to rank up for the second time because the match data could not connect with the server.

I can't even log in. Says the selection is unavailable?

Edit: Oh I think I was already logged in. Duh. It doesn't usually log me in automatically though.

Shadoken

Probably they don't know other playstyle other than Infiltration's. He has Cr.mk which has good reach and faster booms.

Cr.MK is good. Even though they nerfed it. But what is this about faster booms? I din see any change about the startup or speed. They added extra hurtbox and reduced pushback.
Bonchan used booms up close for pressure or backdash to re-position himself. Nobody would be complaining if it was only infiltrations style of play that got nerfed. Even his regular Zoning and footsie game was nerfed. So it just feels like it was a reactionary nerf from Capcom because of early wins pre Input lag patch.

But lets see , his frame traps are a little better with B.MK being +2 now. But its hard to make the opponent want to press buttons up close when the threat of throws is very less.

Pachinko

Guys, now that the PC version was 60 bucks canadian I decided to upgrade and... it's been a lateral move at best .

I'm rocking a 1070X2 in SLI and I've noticed the driver notes have -
[SLI] Street Fighter V performance drop (pause and play) observed when the game is
played at 4K resolution with SLI enabled. [200172046]

Does anyone know of I fix here or am I stuck disabling SLI for a little while until it's maybe fixed ?

It does look a lot sharper at 4K obviously and even with the slight settings tweaks the shadows are no longer dithered (in fact it doesn't seem they get dithered even when the game is set to "low" for shadow, so PS4 has a custom crap setting there)

On the plus side, I had a single match online and won :p

Whenever a fighting game gets an update, casuals come out of the woodwork. They are usually wireless or on worse connections, lowering the general experience. Some of them come on here and complain, not knowing they are the problem.

I don't remember that ever happening in (U)SFIV, even when Capcom had a free weekend on Steam sometime after USFIV released. The worst I got was playing some kid who was mashing so hard on his stick or keyboard or whatever that it sounded like he left his microphone on a washing machine. But connections were not noticeably worse.

Renekton

Guys, now that the PC version was 60 bucks canadian I decided to upgrade and... it's been a lateral move at best .

I'm rocking a 1070X2 in SLI and I've noticed the driver notes have -
[SLI] Street Fighter V performance drop (pause and play) observed when the game is
played at 4K resolution with SLI enabled. [200172046]

Does anyone know of I fix here or am I stuck disabling SLI for a little while until it's maybe fixed ?

It does look a lot sharper at 4K obviously and even with the slight settings tweaks the shadows are no longer dithered (in fact it doesn't seem they get dithered even when the game is set to "low" for shadow, so PS4 has a custom crap setting there)

On the plus side, I had a single match online and won :p
It has random drops even on single card :p

remz

The game seems to just hate running at 4k.

I can't play Juri for shiiiit anymore. She feels better but I as a player have probably regressed. Necalli on the otherhand I'm still doing fine with, although some stuff I used to do to trap people pressing buttons seems to not work. The DP nerf doesn't really effect me with him because I only found out hp dp was invincible last week- I'd been using the ex one.

Only Bonchan can tell us. By the later half of the Season he was the only consistent Nash player. Since people had already figured out Infils Hit and Run style. Infiltration has already confirmed hes not playing Nash.
And Bonchan cant really be throwing booms up close like he normally does with the nerfs to Pushback and Additional Hurtbox. So yea I would genuinely be curious how these players can make Nash work. Nobody else made top 32 with the character anyway.

Most characters will be fine if they nerf one or two strong tools. But nerfing every tool the character has will kill him. Not one aspect of Nash was left un-nerfed.

This is exactly why I've been biting back like a lion to her cub all year when someone mentions that they think Nash was broken or cheap. Nash was fine, Infiltration was broken. "he has all the tools!" "he's S tier" "he has no weaknesses!" All this BS was false and Capcom listened to these idiots and went too far with the nerfs. My worst nightmare for the game and character has come true.

And you aren't lying when you said every aspect of him was nerfed. I mean, why would you touch his backdash? What did that do to anybody? Is his hair 10% shorter as well?

They slowed down his moonsault. For what? Did they slow down Cammy's crazy ass zippity zip across the stage, looking like a ricocheting bullet or calm down Chun's stupid lightning legs?

Yeah, I'm pissed.

kirblar

Are all previously invincible on startup DPs now fully invincible on Frame 3, or does it vary?
I mean, why would you touch his backdash?
Because Nash sliding back and forth was obnoxious. The dashes and in-n-out gameplay were always going to get smacked because of this because he's not Makoto - it was the other aspects that made less sense.

Are all previously invincible on startup DPs now fully invincible on Frame 3, or does it vary?

Because Nash sliding back and forth was obnoxious. The dashes and in-n-out gameplay were always going to get smacked because of this because he's not Makoto - it was the other aspects that made less sense.

You have a character that can hardly walk, so you hurt his dash ability? And it's fine for Makoto but not Nash? Meanwhile, Chun and Vega are still with the cape on, flying all over the stage and shimmying to their hearts content, no dashing skills required.

Also the "obnoxious" back and fourth dashing was my jam. You can still kinda do it, it's just not the same.

ElFly

yeah his dashing around was really annoying

leroidys

Any tips on how to cancel Alex's stHP or stMP into a stomp or headbutt? I either just get the normal and no cancel or just the special move.
It's hard to pull off, but you can actually charge partition like in 3. So crouch, then release the stick and a split second later mash punch then up+kick.

Farewell

This is exactly why I've been biting back like a lion to her cub all year when someone mentions that they think Nash was broken or cheap. Nash was fine, Infiltration was broken. "he has all the tools!" "he's S tier" "he has no weaknesses!" All this BS was false and Capcom listened to these idiots and went too far with the nerfs. My worst nightmare for the game and character has come true.

And you aren't lying when you said every aspect of him was nerfed. I mean, why would you touch his backdash? What did that do to anybody? Is his hair 10% shorter as well?

They slowed down his moonsault. For what? Did they slow down Cammy's crazy ass zippity zip across the stage, looking like a ricocheting bullet or calm down Chun's stupid lightning legs?

Yeah, I'm pissed.

They also nerfed birdie and alex with many unnecessary things. Literally every move was nerfed. But they gave guile buffs which is pretty absurd. Capcoms decisions are strange sometimes.

I will keep playing my main and make the best out of it, trying to stay positive.

SoulUnison

Banned
Ok, I finally jumped at the PC version for 20 bucks, but... Wait...

Can you seriously only buy costumes with real money?
They're not even eligible for Fight Money unlocks?
And FIght Money unlocks at a snail's pace that really only gets slower the longer you play, since it's level Up based?

What the hell?
This feels pretty money grubbing.

Guile is a DLC character now?

Lulubop

And FIght Money unlocks at a snail's pace that really only gets slower the longer you play, since it's level Up based?

What the hell?

Oh lord

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

What the hell?

There's a FAQ, you know

There's a lot of super easy FM up for grabs if you just got the game, literally hundreds of thousands. Playing online is not the primary way to earn it, except for the weekly challenges.

Some costumes can be bought with FM, premium ones can't. Most fighting games do this. SF4 did it, too.

Yes, Guile is a DLC character.

JayEH

What the hell?

You can buy everything with fight money except premium costumes. If you want a large influx of fight money play survival, story, trials, and watch the tutorials.

They also nerfed birdie and alex with many unnecessary things. Literally every move was nerfed. But they gave guile buffs which is pretty absurd. Capcoms decisions are strange sometimes.

I will keep playing my main and make the best out of it, trying to stay positive.

Birdie isn't nerfed as a whole, he just plays differently. And him playing differently is actually to his benefit. A ton of Birdie players are super happy with his changes.

Nah he got some decent things in return (I think, don't quote me).

I'm quoting you to say "no he didn't". Now I could write a long ass post breaking down why his buffs don't really help but I'm typing from my phone and you probably don't care.

But anyways, his nerfs were pretty significant. His buffs barely count as buffs. Unless I hear that everybody else sucks as well I don't think Ryu will have a good time next year.

This is the new FANG meta.

It's all we have after Capcom gutted us. It's all about landing that ridiculous 1F link jab to heavy combo since it does so much damage.

You wanted execution with your characters, right?

You wanted 1f links back, right?

Here you go.

Enjoy.

Man you guys sound salty about me being salty/depressed. How about some MJ gifs in response to my post instead?.

Rice, throw away your skill. You are at the very least competent at the game, so trade me and become ultra bronze forever yet rarely salty about anything. Just float around to all the characters, never picking a main.

You'll live longer.

Alchemist

remember when ya'll thought Alex and FANG would be good in Season 2

another year of irrelevance beckons!

It's crazy how Cammy skated into season 2 barely touched when she was placing well in almost every tournament post EVO.

The only explanation I can think of as to why FANG got nerfed is they thought his poison would become too strong with grey health change.

Goodstyle

You wanted execution with your characters, right?

You wanted 1f links back, right?

Here you go.

Enjoy.

I'm actually one of the biggest opponents of 1F links in fighting games since I mained Rufus back in SF4 and dropping his BnB online became too much of an issue. I feel like complex combos are barriers in the end.

Bizazedo

Anyone around want to rumble, east coast? CFN Bizazedo?

My muscle memory is plaguing me from doing max damage Bison combos, need to play more.

I'm actually one of the biggest opponents of 1F links in fighting games since I mained Rufus back in SF4 and dropping his BnB online became too much of an issue. I feel like complex combos are barriers in the end.

I agree with you.

But r/kappa was louder than you and I.

Kalentan

I know Akuma is new and I haven't been having trouble against him... but could people online play something different? Swear all my matches today have all been against Akuma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom