• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeMaxX

Edit: No way is Mika top tier. Most pros had her at higher mid at most.
Wut. Everyone agreed that she was top 8. Many considered her top 3. In season 1, top 8 was basically "had a great chance to win a major" tier.
Wolfkrone thinks S2 Laura is nerfed overall.
For some reason, certain characters have had their neutral neutered but their gimmicks buffed. Like birdies buttons in general are worse, but he gets a safe on block frame 1 armor move in vt. Meh, Noone asked for this nonsense.

Femto.

For some reason, certain characters have had their neutral neutered but their gimmicks buffed. Like birdies buttons in general are worse, but he gets a safe on block frame 1 armor move in vt. Meh, Noone asked for this nonsense.

I thought Laura's neutral was buffed? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Pompadour

Heads up, Capcom definitely made the AI tougher in Survival and they don't fall for Urien's knee drop on the later levels of Hard (I expect Extreme is even worse). The last 5 opponents blocked it every single time unless I caught them whiffing an attack with it.

vulva

So you think Chun got hit with the nerfs somewhat significantly? I didnt wanna say anything but now that someone else thinks the same i dont feel too bad. Lol
Her damage is down, her pressure is severely weakened, her anti airs are more situational and her punishes have been limited more with lk being 5f. I'm not complaining or saying these aren't justified but she has been factually nerfed. With that said, she's still incredibly strong and extremely viable.

mbpm1

Day 3 of Akuma and my opinion of him has improved a bit.

I think he's okay overall atm. Not high tier or low. Neutral is difficult but doable.

FluxWaveZ

All I know is that I don't dread facing Chun-Lis anymore. I think the same goes for Mika for others. I guess that was their goal with the nerfs.

However, I think Laura and Urien will be "dread-worthy" as S2 moves forward.

mbpm1

All I know is that I don't dread facing Chun-Lis anymore. I think the same goes for Mika for others. I guess that was their goal with the nerfs.

However, I think Laura and Urien will be "dread-worthy" as S2 moves forward.

their setups are going to be killer.

I think Akuma also has some scary pressure once he gets going (and as long as he goes for the lower damage guaranteed setups over the pure damage enders everyone is going for atm). I was trying a few of them today.

Producer

Her damage is down, her pressure is severely weakened, her anti airs are more situational and her punishes have been limited more with lk being 5f. I'm not complaining or saying these aren't justified but she has been factually nerfed. With that said, she's still incredibly strong and extremely viable.

Thats pretty much how i feel. The pressure and damage nerfs sting the most. Ill get used to it eventually though

Frame traps against DP for Nash. Non of the other frame traps works except this and Cr.MP xx Jab.

giphy.gif

xabi

Day 3 of Akuma and my opinion of him has improved a bit.

I think he's okay overall atm. Not high tier or low. Neutral is difficult but doable.

I have never liked akuma in previous games, and I find him a lot of fun to play in this one. He has soooo many different offensive tools...

These cunts and their switch hacks, lose round 1, the lag was bad, second round no lag, beat his ass, then in the third round the lag was crazy, the game even froze for a sec when he turn his lag switch on..I am right in his face doing EX-SPD and it's getting beaten jabs because of how bad the lag was..

tribal24

Banned
uhhhhh I'm starting to hate the servers not giving me the LP in rank match. The ones i win it gets a error the ones i lose i freaking lose points.

Femto.

These cunts and their switch hacks, lose round 1, the lag was bad, second round no lag, beat his ass, then in the third round the lag was crazy, the game even froze for a sec when he turn his lag switch on..I am right in his face doing EX-SPD and it's getting beaten jabs because of how bad the lag was..

I had a match earlier with the same shit too, is this glitch/hack/whatever only doable from a PC ? If so, PS4 matches only from now on.

Mr. X

Chun is definitely nerfed, you can feel the low damage output now without air legs being the greatest can opener and no longer having crLP sMP crMK xx SBK off it or just interrupting with crLP x2 since crLK doesn't give SBK. Also VT is no longer enough for 3 mixups.

LakeEarth

Heads up, Capcom definitely made the AI tougher in Survival and they don't fall for Urien's knee drop on the later levels of Hard (I expect Extreme is even worse). The last 5 opponents blocked it every single time unless I caught them whiffing an attack with it.
Worked for me. They blocked it more but fell for it enough to get me the win.

But it didn't give me the fight money.:(

What is the throw tech window in SFV again? I haven't played much in the past 3 months and finally started putting a lot of time again. I played against this Karin who would tech every throw and when I went for the gimmicky HK tatsu on her wake up she didn't throw tech until the 2nd hit of the HK tatsu(this happened multiple times).

HK tatsu has 14f start up, that 2nd hit has to be around frame 20 or so. Was this guy just lucky with this tech timing or is the tech window suppose to be around 15 frames give or take?

leroidys

What is the telecom situation in Mexico? Every game I play is total shit. Have had perfectly fine games against Brazilian and Malaysian players,

Zangief Rest in Peace 2016, you a fun character and my main from all SF games, but people know how to fight you, stay away, stay away, and you don't have a rush down move to stay on them, and I am aggressive player, can't be some dip shit coward who sits and waits for players to attack, not my fucking style...going back to Vega..

Neoxon

I'm gonna place my order for the new Sanwa JLF in the morning. Until said JLF comes in the mail, I'm probably gonna have to use my DualShock 4 (since my current one can't hold the down input very well unless I hold down hard, which messes with my charges......among other things).

Hey, if NuckleDu can du it, so can I.

Kashiwaba

Zangief Rest in Peace 2016, you a fun character and my main from all SF games, but people know how to fight you, stay away, stay away, and you don't have a rush down move to stay on them, and I am aggressive player, can't be some dip shit coward who sits and waits for players to attack, not my fucking style...going back to Vega..

My experience with Zangief so far is they are either free or scary AF where they never give you the chance to run away from them.

Neoxon

That's the Spirit!
Yeah, plus I did use the DualShock 4 for 2 of the betas as well as early in my SFIV & MvC3 days, so I'm not a complete stranger to using a regular controller. The main issue right now is trying to handle charges on a pad (since I main Urien), something that I didn't have to worry about during the betas (when I used Cammy, Rashid, & Karin).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom