• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kashiwaba

Play on the Brazil stage, go to the right side of the screen and get a few knockdowns. A toucan will steal a fruit from the vendor.

I see thank you.

Edit: the servers seems fine now.
Edit2: man i just destroyed a Gold league mika with two perfects, revenge is so sweet 😂.

Finally reached Super Gold rank. Alex may be six feet under, but I'm still glad this balance update happened. No way I would have made it this far in season 1's wakeup DPfest. Urien, Laura and Bison worry me somewhat, though.
Zangief Rest in Peace 2016, you a fun character and my main from all SF games, but people know how to fight you, stay away, stay away, and you don't have a rush down move to stay on them, and I am aggressive player, can't be some dip shit coward who sits and waits for players to attack, not my fucking style...going back to Vega..
Gief players are some of the bravest in all of fighting games. Yeah, his damage output is scary, but it using him or fighting him ultimately comes down to patience and accuracy. The gray life change makes his situation even more precarious. On the other hand I hate fighting Vega players. Half of them just jump around, air command grab and mash his cr.HK. Feels like a bunch of yodels and gimmicks, but not even in the intentional way that Mika or Laura operates. Just beat one half an hour ago that was nothing but gimmicks and I was still pissed even though it brought me close to super gold. Vega is still the prince of cowards at best, though. Season 1 Ryu and Ken had that crown on lock.

leroidys

Is the Alex was nerfed stuff a joke or serious? I'm hoping joke.

I'm coming to grips with him, but he still seems overall worse. With the extra frames added to his pokes, the decrease in meter gain, and his awful v-reversal, I get absolutely mauled by the Karin's and Vega's out there that can keep the pressure up.

Honestly the worst part is he just doesn't feel as fun anymore. It feels like trying to cut something with a dull knife. I'm sure some top level players will find some more optimal way to play him, but I just don't see an argument for him being better than or as good as season 1.

To quantify it, I've lost about 40% of my LP since the patch :( Partly this is due to adjusting to other characters changes, and partly it's good players starting fresh acounts for s2, but yeah, I'm certainly worse with him anyway.

Kashiwaba

Finally reached Super Gold rank. Alex may be six feet under, but I'm still glad this balance update happened. No way I would have made it this far in season 1's wakeup DPfest. Urien, Laura and Bison worry me somewhat, though.

Gief players are some of the bravest in all of fighting games. Yeah, his damage output is scary, but it using him or fighting him ultimately comes down to patience and accuracy. The gray life change makes his situation even more precarious. On the other hand I hate fighting Vega players. Half of them just jump around, air command grab and mash his cr.HK. Feels like a bunch of yodels and gimmicks, but not even in the intentional way that Mika or Laura operates. Just beat one half an hour ago that was nothing but gimmicks and I was still pissed even though it brought me close to super gold. Vega is still the prince of cowards at best, though. Season 1 Ryu and Ken had that crown on lock.

I just made it super gold too :)

I'm coming to grips with him, but he still seems overall worse. With the extra frames added to his pokes, the decrease in meter gain, and his awful v-reversal, I get absolutely mauled by the Karin's and Vega's out there that can keep the pressure up.

Honestly the worst part is he just doesn't feel as fun anymore. It feels like trying to cut something with a dull knife. I'm sure some top level players will find some more optimal way to play him, but I just don't see an argument for him being better than or as good as season 1.

To quantify it, I've lost about 40% of my LP since the patch :( Partly this is due to adjusting to other characters changes, and partly it's good players starting fresh acounts for s2, but yeah, I'm certainly worse with him anyway.
Sounds more like it's the character because I've managed to go up 1.5K LP with Karin since the balance update. The crazy part is that the DP change should be the biggest buff he got overall. If that isn't helping him then his goose will be cooked.

Am I allowed to say that Ryu isn't even bad now if I have a Ryu avatar? DP nerf isn't affecting me since I wasn't throwing out DPs on wakeup anyway. Haven't noticed the other nerfs listed actually meaning much with the majority of the cast getting nerfed as well.

Ibuki though... Ryu bores me, but I get work done. Ibuki is fun to play and is actually worth it now. Mmf.

Mained Cammy since the betas and...you are correct. Legit best anti in the game now that AA jabs are nerfed.

like they nerfed Cannon Spike...but its still a meterless DP thats projectile invincible and shit. And then they went ahead and made her buttons better, despite already having some of the best in the whole game combined with the best walk speed/divekick for getting in

tribal24

Banned
like they nerfed Cannon Spike...but its still a meterless DP thats projectile invincible and shit. And then they went ahead and made her buttons better, despite already having some of the best in the whole game combined with the best walk speed/divekick for getting in

no overhead though

Marvel

could never
csncuoum

I love Akumer

Wait, is this actually a thing? And nah, he was just being a dick taunting after combos and stun.

lol, no sorry 3rd strike joke :p

ElFly

third day of Akuma army

Zangief still owns Akuma but at least the Akumas are learning not to do air fireball. lost only one match of many cause I got cornered and Akuma frame trapped me. gotta be hitting those damn buttons and eating a combo

RM8

I'm trying the game on a friend's Surface and it has crashed twice during online play. Am I going to get a quitter label? :( I guess it's clear it won't run well, lol.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom