• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Ever since I lost 55 points last week for the sake of 5000FM and I went from 3300 to 3245 I'm back to fighting people with way less points than me in casuals. I hope it's just a coincidence.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Running some couch games with some buddies and your empty lk scissors into fireball has worked 90% of the time shit is hilarious. Oh and damn at that comeback.

You can also do forward dash v skill after any combo that ends with mp blast. Will work against both neutral and back tech. It's actually surprisingly useful.

Man Balrog does too much damage, every one got damage nerf but him, all buffs, to match one of his effortless damage combo, you gotta V-trigger and burn 2 bars or even use CA... Capcom needs to revisit this update in a month or 2..

On the subject of this. Let Ryu special cancel his st. HP at all times instead of locking it behind V Trigger mode. That's all I'm asking for, please. Take away special cancel Axe kick if you want. Just let us Ryu players have that instead.

On the subject of this. Let Ryu special cancel his st. HP at all times instead of locking it behind V Trigger mode. That's all I'm asking for, please. Take away special cancel Axe kick if you want. Just let us Ryu players have that instead.

nah ryu players got to eat for a whole season. gotta starve this one out fam

I hope they only tweak a few things. I still think it's far too early to start making major shifts for the majority of the cast. I don't want no kneejerking Sent event

JayEH

Man Balrog does too much damage, every one got damage nerf but him, all buffs, to match one of his effortless damage combo, you gotta V-trigger and burn 2 bars or even use CA... Capcom needs to revisit this update in a month or 2..

Leave him alone. Let us enjoy top tier for a bit.

Durden77

So I don't really know where else to post this so I figured I would post it here because I'm trying to download this game's update...

Any idea why my PS4 tells me I don’t have enough storage to download this game's update when I have 28 gigs open? It's done this to me plenty of times (not just with this game either).

I deleted a 30 gig game and now it's working, but wtf. I know my PS4 like ALWAYS tells me I didn't shut it down correctly when I know I shut it down correctly, so could it be a corruption issue?

seems to be really good against akuma

I guess it depends on the character. Some didn't get hit with the AA jab nerf bat like Ryu and co did. Still, you probably have better options to resort to that'll lead to more damage.

Or Akuma's JMK might just be booty, I don't know. People aren't stuffing my Demon Flips easily so I dunno.

Jab AA still works on Nash

Everything works against your Nash. The netcode, every matchup, random execution errors, and people able to CA through your combos. Your Nash is special my dude.

So I don't really know where else to post this so I figured I would post it here because I'm trying to download this game's update...

Any idea why my PS4 tells me I don’t have enough storage to download this game's update when I have 28 gigs open? It's done this to me plenty of times (not just with this game either).

I deleted a 30 gig game and now it's working, but wtf. I know my PS4 like ALWAYS tells me I didn't shut it down correctly when I know I shut it down correctly, so could it be a corruption issue?

That's odd. I think you need double the space but that should be enough.

Shadoken

Who would you guys say is the most honest character currently who's also good? Someone who doesn't rely on gimmicks and has a solid neutral/footsie game.

Nash

He is still "good" If you are a neutral game god , you should still be able to do relatively well. But realistically nobody is , and you do have to end up taking pressure at some point. Thats when you get bodied. The nerf to V reversal means it can only be used against heavy normals. So you have to guess pretty well.

Luffy (and Gamerbee) are scared that people are gonna stick to top 5 in this game for the wins.

I can see why. It's their job to win tournaments, and if you ain't winning, you ain't making that dosh.

But on the flipside, I'd hope that'd make people more competitive and willing to counterpick/try other characters. Top tiers don't always cover every single matchup, and hopefully that leads to people having a few pockets they bring out. I don't mind characters being used as "tools" because there's potential to see them not only used in different ways (i.e., this Ken plays like a nut so I need someone that fits my style and that can keep pace with him at the same time) but get more character variance.

If the game is balanced for it, that is. If the gaps are too large between the characters, it might just be worth it to rock top tiers all damn day and say fuck you to pockets. I don't think SFV promotes just picking a character and playing the most "optimal" way compared to, like, 4, but we'll see when the changes for this season align. I'm feeling pretty positive, but you never know.

Durden77

That's odd. I think you need double the space but that should be enough.

Maybe my PS4 sucks. It never uploads this game's data successfully to my online storage either which sucks. Ih well.

On the flipside, bought to get the season pass and hop back in. Been way too long. How's the vibes around S2 so far? And also could someone hook me up with Guile's changes?

Finally had a chance to actually play season 2 Sim tonight. He feels completely remixed from his season 1 version. Losing frames on j.HP is rough as you now have to be perfect on your teleport height to make sure it comes out.

HK being fast and c.mp having a much larger hitbox are huge tools now. MK slide being +2 on hit is also a tremendous help.

The rest of the game feels slower, but Sim feels faster. I like what they've done and I hope that the work I put in during s1 helps me go even further now.

No, the netcode is only when I play someone other than Nash.

Fair.

Maybe my PS4 sucks. It never uploads this game's data successfully to my online storage either which sucks. Ih well.

On the flipside, bought to get the season pass and hop back in. Been way too long. How's the vibes around S2 so far? And also could someone hook me up with Guile's changes?

S2 is pretty good so far, though there wasn't much to fuck up with SFV's original release balance wise outside the DLC characters, Gief, and FANG. I think FANG still might be butt, and Alex and Nash need some time, but overall things got normalized quite a bit. Akuma fits in really well too. Hopefully the next wave of DLC characters won't be so low tier from the get go due to Capcom's fear of making them overpowered.

Akuma is the salt maker and I live for it

When I lose with Akuma:
haha good game fam I need to get better :)

When I win with Akuma:
SCRUB
FREE STAY FREE FREE STAY FREE
EZPZ
EZBREEZY
2EZ

mbpm1

When I lose with Akuma:

When I win with Akuma:
SCRUB
EZPZ
EZBREEZY
2EZ

When I lost with Akuma it's pretty expected. You have to play in perfect flow to pull out the wins so atm I'm level with things unless it was a dumb execution error or something.

But when you do get into that state...:O

Speaking of flow states, dis Juri sequence !

When I lose with Akuma:

When I win with Akuma:
SCRUB
EZPZ
EZBREEZY
2EZ
7bipcg.jpg

Akuma is the salt maker and I live for it

Thanks to Akuma I think I have a winning percentage in casual since Season 2 dropped. Feasting on all these day 1/week 1 Akuma's have been kind of fun. It seems like a lot of these guys didn't come from a shoto background though. They're not playing the standard shoto game and seem lost when I nullify air fireballs with parry or walk under.

Westlo

Dropped Cammy for Necalli in S2.... feels good man.

I've just about had enough of the failure to retrieve data errors. Seriously Capcom, get it together.

Yep, what a load of shit. I've lost like 800 points from having my wins in the first game not get counted due to this bullshit in just the last hour. But every game I've lost has never had this error come up.

I always thought this shit was people ragequitting before they introduced best of 3 game sets to ranked.... such a joke, never had this problem in any version of SFIV, MVC3, UMVC3 and SFxTK....

Shadoken

Rofl i just got Akumer and jumped to Ranked. 10 Straight losses in a row ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ( actually its prolly 20 , since i hit rematch )

Lets see how far i drop before i can start winning again. He seems really fun , I love the versatility.

Edzi

Dropped Cammy for Necalli in S2.... feels good man.

Yep, what a load of shit. I've lost like 800 points from having my wins in the first game not get counted due to this bullshit. But every game I've lost has never had this error come up.

I always thought this shit was people ragequitting before they introduced best of 3 game sets to ranked.... such a joke, never had this problem in any version of SFIV, MVC3, UMVC3 and SFxTK....

Your points should still register, it just takes a while to show up.

joe2187

Banned
Everybody is Akuma.

I went from 3130 LP back to 2078 LP trying to adapt to the R Mika changes, I won nearly 80 percent of my casual matches but get thrown into my worse matchups with Karin and Rashid in ranked to utter failure.

I need a refersher on Season 2 Mika, anybody got any videos or writeups?

mbpm1

Rofl i just got Akumer and jumped to Ranked. 10 Straight losses in a row ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ( actually its prolly 20 , since i hit rematch )

Lets see how far i drop before i can start winning again. He seems really fun , I love the versatility.

Finding a balance with him is hard, but he is so fun when you do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom