• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zackat

forgot to unplug my wacom tablet. it crashes sfv to the desktop after a few minutes. so freakin weird.

I'm a rage quitter now boys

Edzi

Skill, you can probably tell you've got me on tilt. You're able to do two things against me that I can't physically comprehend, regardless of your character: reacting to jump ins with air to airs, and crazy aggression/conversions with low lights. I'm so baaaaaad.

HardRojo

I'm curious of what you think is bad about him now.

Just trying to get different perspectives, as a Nash main.

His normals feel slower, have less range and he just doesn't feel like he can put the pressure on anymore. I feel like all my buttons get stuffed now, it's ridiculous. I mean, technically he plays similarly to S1, only that now your buttons feel a lot more useless, I can't quite put my finger on what it is. I'm gonna have to read the PDF again, his V trigger got less invincibility?

I'm curious of what you think is bad about him now.

Just trying to get different perspectives, as a Nash main.
Quoting what Shadoken said.

I take back everything I said about Nash. I just lost 10-0 to a Karin player at locals. I simply cannot keep up with her footsies with this walkspeed and nerfs to normals. Can't zone her as well since she has tools to get around that.

Will try to train and come up with something else , but things aren't looking too good in this matchup. Necalli and Laura seemed ok from the sets I played . I think as long as you can zone with fireballs and play neutral Nash is good. But against characters with good walkspeed and pokes I am absolutely clueless. Might need a sub for some matchups.

Durden77

Wtf?! Can Guile not do loops anymore? I can't get the 2nd c.mp to connect!

OH SHIT but he can get c.mp off of upside down kick?! Hot damn

All right, I've put 4$ into my wallet which is exclusively for 1 premium costume.

Now all Capcom needs to do is a make a good female character in S2 that I like and release a great premium costume for her, or release a dope costume for F.A.N.G

Whichever comes first.

HardRojo

Akuma's cr.HP is a godlike antiair, or whatever that button is. I started messing around in Casuals against one and he messed up all my jump ins with that button.

Akuma's cr.HP is a godlike antiair, or whatever that button is. I started messing around in Casuals against one and he messed up all my jump ins with that button.
The one where lifts one arm above his head? That's his back+HP

It's a damn good AA, and can juggle off of it too which leads to insane damage.

Edzi

GGs Skilletor. Close sets, but I just couldn't find an answer to air fireball. I swear, you're my SFV kryptonite since you can unravel me faster than most others I play.

hertog

Birdie's v-cancel game is so good now.
M-Headbutt xx v-trigger is +3 on block, he becomes season 1 Mika for a couple of frames.

Skilletor

GGs Skilletor. Close sets, but I just couldn't find an answer to air fireball. I swear, you're my SFV kryptonite since you can unravel me faster than most others I play.

Good sets, meign. good info. You started dashing under the air fireballs in the last set, made me have to mix it up way more.

Alex made me bleed so much, lol.

Still not sure what Akuma is supposed to do. I'm just playing a basic game without utilizing Akuma, if that makes sense.

I love out sets. I feel we're on the same level and it becomes a set of who adapts last, wins.

Edzi

Good sets, meign. good info. You started dashing under the air fireballs in the last set, made me have to mix it up way more.

Alex made me bleed so much, lol.

Still not sure what Akuma is supposed to do. I'm just playing a basic game without utilizing Akuma, if that makes sense.

I love out sets. I feel we're on the same level and it becomes a set of who adapts last, wins.

Yep, I always feel like I learn a lot from our sets. I'm in the same boat with Akuma at the moment, just playing a pretty simple game trying to fish for his basic bnbs.

HardRojo

Oh god first match against S2 Laura and i can tell she is the new Mika :(

I was doing good against one until her ambiguous mid screen fireball mixup happened. I was done in a couple of seconds lol. But I think she's had that since S1, so it's my fault for not learning the matchup back then.

mitchlol

Loving season 2 quite a bit. The time I've put into Gief is really paying off. The small adjustment to lariat is making a world of difference in heaps of my match ups. I love how you can buffer s.lk into lariat and being + on mediums leads to some cool mix ups. Overall I think Gief is in a good place. Sure his bad match ups are still tough but the satisfaction of winning them outweighs the bad.

His normals feel slower, have less range and he just doesn't feel like he can put the pressure on anymore. I feel like all my buttons get stuffed now, it's ridiculous. I mean, technically he plays similarly to S1, only that now your buttons feel a lot more useless, I can't quite put my finger on what it is. I'm gonna have to read the PDF again, his V trigger got less invincibility?

Quoting what Shadoken said.

Thanks guys. I've noticed some of these things too and it's disheartening. Funny thing is I saw it coming at least six months ago. I didn't think Nash's normals and footsies were all that great to begin with. He never had the walk speed or reach (for most of his moves) to be a footsies based character and I always felt he got beat by Necali, Chun, Cammy, Ken and Karin in that department. I can't even imagine how bad he gets beat by them now.

His V-trigger's timing is off for me now that it's delayed, so I need to get used to that. His V-reversal is worse than it was before by making it even more vulnerable on startup and giving him more recovery frames at the end. The silver lining I guess is that knowing that it's more dangerous to use makes me more selective and calm when picking my spots to use it.

HardRojo

Thanks guys. I've noticed some of these things too and it's disheartening. Funny thing is I saw it coming at least six months ago. I didn't think Nash's normals and footsies were all that great to begin with. He never had the walk speed or reach (for most of his moves) to be a footsies based character and I always felt he got beat by Necali, Chun, Cammy, Ken and Karin in that department. I can't even imagine how bad he gets beat by them now.

His V-trigger's timing is off for me now that it's delayed, so I need to get used to that. His V-reversal is worse than it was before by making it even more vulnerable on startup and giving him more recovery frames at the end. The silver lining I guess is that knowing that it's more dangerous to use makes me more selective and calm when picking my spots to use it.

His crossup MK sucks now too, I don't see why they had to nerf that, it misses way too often now, even if you go for a front hit. I don't really know what other character to play now, Nash clicked with me immediately during the beta, but I'm not feeling him anymore. Being scared of pressing buttons all the time sucks.

Edit: I've had my PS3 stick randomly disconnect mid match twice now, the message reads something like "Legacy controller disconnected". This didn't happen before, is it a common issue in the new version? SFIV MadCatz TE Round 2 is the stick I'm using.

His crossup MK sucks now too, I don't see why they had to nerf that, it misses way too often now, even if you go for a front hit. I don't really know what other character to play now, Nash clicked with me immediately during the beta, but I'm not feeling him anymore. Being scared of pressing buttons all the time sucks.

Yup, the hitbox is smaller (I think almost half the size) so you have to wait longer to press a button while jumping in or you'll miss. Happened to me quite a bit. They made the hitboxes smaller and hurtboxes larger all around for Nash, maybe for most other characters as well but I know for a fact that they did that with most of Nash's moves.

He clicked with me immediately as well. I'll stick with him and hopefully I enjoy one of the season two characters enough to give my Nash a partner.

Edgeward

I should've beaten extra story mode before they nerfed Nash. Bison is literally unbeatable. ;_;

What is Nash's quickest bnb punish combo other than the target combo? st mp sometimes won't connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom