• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Femto.

Online without character select is basically a training tool to see if you can solve a hard matchup or counter someone trying their answer.
Yeah that's the way I like to to see it to, but having an option would be nice from when I'm not feeling it lol

KingBroly

Banned
Ucchedavāda;227131375 said:
Have you tried to disable it in the list of DLC for SFV?

I did that, didn't work.

But I "think" I found out what the problem was. Controller Companion. Deleted and reinstalled it and the game is okay now.

Capcom SERIOUSLY needs to update the Menu UI in this game. It's just garbage as is.

Sayad

I'm still convinced Capcom has no idea how to actually balance, and everything they got right in season 1 was a happy accident.
It might feel like this, but it usually the other way around, like, the characters people complained about the most for getting nerfed through the beta were Ryu, Ken, Nash and Cammy. There were even some complaints about Mika and Nically losing some stuff! Capcom sure lucked out when they ignored the complaints and went through with the nerfs...

Durden77

They halved the input window for doing the last motion+button for charge specials so urien f+mp xx tackle feels impossible

Maybe it's because I just woke up, but I'm still a little confused. So pretty much there's less time to input the charge special before it loses it's charge?

I didn't really notice anything in training with Guile last night. Also I see they made Guile's s.lk special cancelable but I don't see how that's possible.

LakeEarth

All right, I've put 4$ into my wallet which is exclusively for 1 premium costume.

Now all Capcom needs to do is a make a good female character in S2 that I like and release a great premium costume for her, or release a dope costume for F.A.N.G

Whichever comes first.
Seriously, FANG and Rashid need a half-decent costume ASAP.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Back, HP.

Can't be said enough. Great AA plus can combo. This is the first time in all his iterations that I have clicked with Akuma and am actually trying to really learn him. I think the fact that he seems so methodical/is slower now is what did it.

Mr. X

Maybe it's because I just woke up, but I'm still a little confused. So pretty much there's less time to input the charge special before it loses it's charge?

I didn't really notice anything in training with Guile last night. Also I see they made Guile's s.lk special cancelable but I don't see how that's possible.
Yeah. It use to 12f to finish it, now it's 6f. It's noticeable trying to do tackle resets with Urien.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I think Capcom throws darts at the wall to decide buffs and nerfs

I think they just use a random frame data generator.

They halved the input window for doing the last motion+button for charge specials so urien f+mp xx tackle feels impossible

You can get it to combo consistently by sliding your hand really fast from mp to kick of your choice. It's as fast as a regular double tap input. So you can either drum your fingers or slide across whichever is more comfortable. It's not too bad once you get the timing. I just don't get the change in general. No one asked for it, no one wanted it, it makes no sense, so of course they did it.

I just started playing last night, I was wondering what the deal was with players who are level 200+ but are still in Rookie or Bronze?

Also, any tips for improving lag on PC aside from raising the bars matched with to 5? I keep getting throwaway matches because people just teleport all over the place.

kirblar

I just started playing last night, I was wondering what the deal was with players who are level 200+ but are still in Rookie or Bronze?

Also, any tips for improving lag on PC aside from raising the bars matched with to 5? I keep getting throwaway matches because people just teleport all over the place.
You can get 13 levels per character for doing basic stuff (watch tutorial vid, do story mode + easy survival) right off the bat.

Marvel

could never
Speaking of Akuma clicking, he is now for me too. I can hit this combo in a real match, the nerves are gone.

f4yvljfk

And then there was this last night, but sadly not enough life left for the DP into CA!!! was heartbroken lol

pz8hdbsu

Mr. X

I think they just use a random frame data generator.

You can get it to combo consistently by sliding your hand really fast from mp to kick of your choice. It's as fast as a regular double tap input. So you can either drum your fingers or slide across whichever is more comfortable. It's not too bad once you get the timing. I just don't get the change in general. No one asked for it, no one wanted it, it makes no sense, so of course they did it.
I'm on stick, I can get LK tackle but Headbutt is way easier. It sucks I lost fMP xx EX tackle.

Your ranking and league is based off of your LP which is gained/reduced by playing ranked mode.

Your character levels the level gained by doing modes and playing a character online. Player level is just a sum of all your character levels.

Marvel living up to his name.

Really thinking about going to Final Round. I'm doing four cpt events to just experience them and I feel like that one might be cool. It's either that or CEO I think.

tribal24

Banned
Some characters suffer too hard in specific matchups while excelling in others. Du for example had Mika and Guile, he used Guile vs specific characters and players.

Trying to make 1 character work vs the entire roster is trying to use a hammer when every match isn't a nail.

yup well said I'm now looking for another character instead of Cammy who gels with me.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm on stick, I can get LK tackle but Headbutt is way easier. It sucks I lost fMP xx EX tackle.

Try mp with your middle finger mk hk with index and ring respectively. Or you can try negative edging it. I'm not having too hard of a time but it's definitely tricky and something that's gonna take some practice as its own 'thing'.

I thought I was crazy but nope.

Fang's poison balls have more spacing between. Them when he's in vtrigger, so they hit further apart. Not that big a deal but could be useful in some situations/setups, particularly cancelling far balls into ex slide

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Speaking of Akuma clicking, he is now for me too. I can hit this combo in a real match, the nerves are gone.

f4yvljfk

And then there was this last night, but sadly not enough life left for the DP into CA!!! was heartbroken lol

pz8hdbsu

See, these are the types of combos I wouldn't even think of doing. Good shit.

The more I think about it, the more I realize Akuma's F. HP is a contender for best button in the game.

-Evades grabs.
-Links to St.LP
-Plus on block, and Akuma has a 3 frame jab.
-Goes over some low normals.
-OTGs (Not as important as the other properties.)

The servers are ass right now. Have been since Season 2 dropped, IMO.

My friend we play all the time, he's 5.89miles away, season 1 our lag was minimal, if we played 8matches in 1 day, maybe 1 round of rollback and not even the entire round just a hiccup, since season 2 drop it's all roll back all time, I can't play someone living less than 6 miles away, season 2 they broke something in the netcode..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom