• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durden77

God Guile's upside down kick on counter lets him hit a b.hp off it now. That's so sexy. I'm gonna be using USD kick a lot more as a poke because of that.

Everyone's playing Akuma. Everyone sucks. Happy holidays!

I am still in Bronze league lost to 1 Akuma he was lagging like crazy couldn't do shit, i just walked away from my game, most of them DP all day, one CC combo after a failed DP is great, feels like season 1 damage lol..

OsirisBlack

Banned
Certainly felt like that to me, but need more time.

As an aside, guys, ran into a troll Cammy with a racist name (dunno how to report it). Was basically doing stupid shit and trying to insult the whole time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUBhezRhKzY

Watch the whole thing, felt good :) (only two minutes).

Afterwards, exited the set early and booted his ass (this was the first game). He sent messages of course. Felt good.

Excuse my poor game play, takes me a bit to get warmed up.

Damn that third round biz lololol great stuff man.

Three of the last four people I've played just walked themselves into the corner almost every round. Not that I am complaining about them making my job easier, but it's just kinda odd.

Dartastic

Hey guys, I need some help. I'm trying to boot up the game on PC and I am stuck on the "mission" tutorial screen that comes up after you first boot the game. It just hangs there and nothing I push fixes it. Can anyone help? :(

Certainly felt like that to me, but need more time.

As an aside, guys, ran into a troll Cammy with a racist name (dunno how to report it). Was basically doing stupid shit and trying to insult the whole time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUBhezRhKzY

Watch the whole thing, felt good :) (only two minutes).

Afterwards, exited the set early and booted his ass (this was the first game). He sent messages of course. Felt good.

Excuse my poor game play, takes me a bit to get warmed up.

That was good. Nice finish.

Producer

GGs flux. That was like the free-est set ever lol. Still need to get used to S2 changes...and hit the lab with mika..and not let you jump in for free lol

GGs. Got any advice for me? I've been struggling since the changes.

Lol if you're struggling then im downright hopeless..dont really have any advice in fact i should be asking you for it

mooncakes

Just something random but I feel like Woshige played some Arcana Heart when he made this version of Ibuki. Konoha looks really similar in terms of their clothing and sorta play like her.

They both have schoolgirl outfit mix with ninja clothing, both can fly and toss daggers out of their their flight move.

FluxWaveZ

GGs flux. That was like the free-est set ever lol. Still need to get used to S2 changes...and hit the lab with mika..and not let you jump in for free lol

Yeah, if you want any advice, I'd say the two main problems you had were your lack of anti-airing (and, by extension, your getting hit all too often by cross-ups) and also your too predictable EX DP timings. You need to vary those up, 'cause I was baiting them all the time.

Her air throw could be a good AA solution for the kind of stuff I was going for. Or just jump back + button. That beats cross-ups.

Lol if you're struggling then im downright hopeless..dont really have any advice in fact i should be asking you for it

Heh, I used to be at 25k LP and now I'm at 20k, in the span of 3-4 days. It's not been good.

Producer

Yeah, if you want any advice, I'd say the two main problems you had were your lack of anti-airing (and, by extension, your getting hit all too often by cross-ups) and also your too predictable EX DP timings. You need to vary those up, 'cause I was baiting them all the time.

Her air throw could be a good AA solution for the kind of stuff I was going for. Or just jump back + button. That beats cross-ups.

Heh, I used to be at 25k LP and now I'm at 20k, in the span of 3-4 days. It's not been good.

Yeah those 2 things cost me a ton of matches. I've been trying to work on my air to air game but its so tough for me. And apparantly Chuns air throw got nerfed too haha.

Mr. X

I might learn Ken. His overhead stuff looks fun, his damage output still high, VT doesn't have a special move limit just a timer.

spk

What can I do if the game isn't launching? I uninstalled after the malware issue and would like to try again. The game has been reinstalled/validated twice now, nothing works. I've also tried making exceptions to AV/Firewall and turning them on or off. Latest NV drivers+win10. There's no load screen no error, the process just ends itself after second or two.

What can I do if the game isn't launching? I uninstalled after the malware issue and would like to try again. The game has been reinstalled/validated twice now, nothing works. I've also tried making exceptions to AV/Firewall and turning them on or off. Latest NV drivers+win10. There's no load screen no error, the process just ends itself after second or two.

Try the stuff here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/310950/discussions/1/351660338685873460/

and here

https://steamcommunity.com/app/310950/discussions/1/405691491125674277/

Sheroking

Holy shit that video. I already thought of the basic tech before it in the lab, but Parry Demon? This changes the game. How hard is it execution wise.

Not very.

Just plink mk+three punches into -> & lk+hp. Honestly you can basically mash it out after you get the plink the parry.

Just hit it 15 times in a row against Ken's wake-up EX DP.

spk

Did all that. And reinstalled drivers. And disabled my other monitor. And removed USB devices. Get your fucking shit together Capcom. The only thing that has changed on my computer since uninstalling, aside from maybe windows/mse updates, is a new gpu, and I don't see any reason for that to be the issue if every other game (including other UE titles) works fine

Did all that. And reinstalled drivers. And disabled my other monitor. And removed USB devices. Get your fucking shit together Capcom. The only thing that has changed on my computer since uninstalling, aside from maybe windows/mse updates, is a new gpu, and I don't see any reason for that to be the issue if every other game (including other UE titles) works fine

Try turning off steam overlay for the game? And you've rebooted right? I had this same problem with another game a while ago, I think I spent an hour fucking around and a reboot finally fixed it.

spk

Try turning off steam overlay for the game? And you've rebooted right? I had this same problem with another game a while ago, I think I spent an hour fucking around and a reboot finally fixed it.

Rebooted several times yea. Will try disabling the overlay but I doubt it'll do anything. The game isn't even loading to anything, the exe is just appearing then disappearing from memory

FluxWaveZ

Oh, the servers are down? That'd explain why I'm not finding anyone in matchmaking.

send me an invite if you can

GGs. Have any advice for me? I felt like I couldn't do anything 80% of the time, and when I had a chance, you knew exactly what I was going to try next.

Mashing jab never worked out, but I still kept doing it because I felt like I was screwed even if I just blocked anyways.

Sheroking

giphy.gif

The only thing I've done like a hundred times in training mode since this game dropped last february.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom