• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it, the more I realize Akuma's F. HP is a contender for best button in the game.

-Evades grabs.
-Links to St.LP
-Plus on block, and Akuma has a 3 frame jab.
-Goes over some low normals.
-OTGs (Not as important as the other properties.)

This and Guile's new and improved upside down kick are contenders for best moves in this game since their is no such thing as crouch tech with cr. MP or HP. So much damage for blowing up a tech and you only get air reset(right?) if they wake up jab.

It reminds me of Evil Ryu's hop kick. I wish Ryu had a move like this.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
The second one didn't even combo though.

True, but my point still stands. Just as an overall thing--I wouldn't think of cr.LK into fireball into VT after the cr.FP in that scenario, for example. Lots to remember for Akuma, just gotta figure what Im best at pulling off.

The more I think about it, the more I realize Akuma's F. HP is a contender for best button in the game.

-Evades grabs.
-Links to St.LP

giphy.gif

Marvel

could never
The 2nd gif is a true combo, but you must be extremely fast on pressing MK for the launch after the V-Skill. That time I wasn't double tapping and you can see what happens.

I don't know why Akuma's combos can differ online, sometimes the button press timing feels off. Lag? probably.

Double tap to not drop his shit is my advice.

Oh and bob my man that was crMK not LK xD

Marvel

could never
Gotcha, thanks for that. Can you substitute for standing MK or would it not reach? I just like the way standing MK looks!

Edit: and you know you got stubby normals when a cr.MK gets mistaken for an LK!
I'll boot up quickly to check, my gut tells me sMK won't reach after HK,HK.

Edit: OK MK does reach but you need the cMK with EX FB for the pushback. If you MK then EX FB they get knocked to the floor. So no it won't work bro ^^

Onemic

-Evades grabs.
-Links to St.LP

It doesnt only beat lows but mids as well. I've had it beat Kens st.mk and st.hk before. The move has a large amount of invuln that kicks in.

-Evades grabs.
-Links to St.LP
It would be interesting to see a community generated list of the best normals in SFV (command or regular). I'd imagine Ryu's S1 j.lk and Alex's S2 f.HP would be strong contenders. Most jab AAs wouldn't even count since the game was FULL of jab AAs.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I'll boot up quickly to check, my gut tells me sMK won't reach after HK,HK.

Edit: OK MK does reach but you need the cMK with EX FB for the pushback. If you MK then EX FB they get knocked to the floor. So no it won't work bro ^^

Word. Thanks for the research. Good to know the variance.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
It would be interesting to see a community generated list of the best normals in SFV (command or regular). I'd imagine Ryu's S1 j.lk and Alex's S2 f.HP would be strong contenders. Most jab AAs wouldn't even count since the game was FULL of jab AAs.

Karin's MK and LK too, though slightly less so in S2.

NEO0MJ

So Raging Demon is fireball invincible now? Also, I kinda wish he had EX versions of Gohadoken and Goshoryuken after activating V-Trigger.

Shadoken

Lol balls. That wasnt a reaction punish , that was a wakeup super. That was waaaay to early , heck he just started his move. If you do react to it with super , Akuma would be much lower and wont exactly be in the air to avoid the super.
Nash super is 10f , by the time you actually hit him he was on the peak of his jump.

If you react to the F.HP and do a super you can easily punish him on the recovery.

Lol balls. That wasnt a reaction punish , that was a wakeup super. That was waaaay to early , heck he just started his move. If you do react to it with super , Akuma would be much lower and wont exactly be in the air to avoid the super.
Nash super is 10f , by the time you actually hit him he was on the peak of his jump.

If you react to the F.HP and do a super you can easily punish him on the recovery.
Ok I get what you're saying but the fact that that can happen is still bullshit lol.

Shadoken

Ok I get what you're saying but the fact that that can happen is still bullshit lol.

I mean it makes sense , hitboxes -wise. Its like saying Nash super cant AA , and then doing it at the wrong time.

Also Nash Jump back->Throw OS. Beats F.HP clean. He will grab him during the startup.

Karin's MK and LK too, though slightly less so in S2.
Her standing medium kick was strong, but her cr.MK is the secret top tier since you can special cancel it and hit confirm into her V-Trigger rekkas which makes it even stronger. That and her HP Ressenha have given me hundreds of hit confirms into her CA.

I mean it makes sense , hitboxes -wise. Its like saying Nash super cant AA , and then doing it at the wrong time.

Also Nash Jump back->Throw OS. Beats F.HP clean. He will grab him during the startup.

It would make sense if Akuma jumped over the CA instead of being pushed back mid start up.

Shadoken

It would make sense if Akuma jumped over the CA instead of being pushed back mid start up.

That would mean pushing his collision box upward. That shit would end up being more fuked up since he would get some nasty side switch mixups. ( Which he already has btw , but it would become even worse)

Bizazedo

Cammy destroys bison

Certainly felt like that to me, but need more time.

As an aside, guys, ran into a troll Cammy with a racist name (dunno how to report it). Was basically doing stupid shit and trying to insult the whole time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUBhezRhKzY

Watch the whole thing, felt good :) (only two minutes).

Afterwards, exited the set early and booted his ass (this was the first game). He sent messages of course. Felt good.

Excuse my poor game play, takes me a bit to get warmed up.

Tan

with all the overhead nerfs I just assumed Ibuki was hit too but she's still only -2 even for the target combo version

wowow

mbpm1

That would mean pushing his collision box upward. That shit would end up being more fuked up since he would get some nasty side switch mixups. ( Which he already has btw , but it would become even worse)

Yeah, actually, lets give him some more crossup stomps, Decapre isn't in yet anyway. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom