• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

nvm battle lounge wont let me send invites at all lol merry christmas yall

If a player falls into matchmaking but they can't meet anyone, is the player actually online?

th

Edzi

Can't search for people to invite, and now I just got disconnected in Casual. I think I'm done with SFV for tonight.

No idea why or how they let their online infrastructure be so bad in a game that was supposed to be a mostly online experience.

mbpm1

Can't search for people to invite, and now I just got disconnected in Casual. I think I'm done with SFV for tonight.

No idea why or how they let their online infrastructure be so bad in a game that was supposed to be a mostly online experience.

They watched an NLBC stream and though that only that amount of people would be playing it.

JimiNutz

Banned
Need some advice fighting fans.
I told my girlfriend that I wanted to try and get good at Street Fighter so she bought me a mini Hori fight stick for the PS4.

I've never used a fight stick before and I like that this Hori stick isn't too big and I can play with it on my lap, but...

I am absolutely terrible with it.

I've looked up online tutorials showing me how to hold the stick itself and I've spent about an hour in the training mode trying to get the inputs down but I'm really struggling to land anything with any consistency.

In comparison when I use the standard DS4 controller I find it so much easier to pull off moves.

Should I stick with the stick or go back to the controller? I'm finding the game borderline unplayable with the stick at present :(

Zackat

haha yeah, I've been drinking and probably wouldn't have entered if I'd thought about it more

decided to pass that on to the other dude so it would actually get used

yeah I have too many games to play as is myself.

I bet that other dude is excited though, so that was cool.

Need some advice fighting fans.
I told my girlfriend that I wanted to try and get good at Street Fighter so she bought me a mini Hori fight stick for the PS4.

I've never used a fight stick before and I like that this Hori stick isn't too big and I can play with it on my lap, but...

I am absolutely terrible with it.

I've looked up online tutorials showing me how to hold the stick itself and I've spent about an hour in the training mode trying to get the inputs down but I'm really struggling to land anything with any consistency.

In comparison when I use the standard DS4 controller I find it so much easier to pull off moves.

Should I stick with the stick or go back to the controller? I'm finding the game borderline unplayable with the stick at present :(

It took me a month or so to make the change from pad to stick and feel comfortable with it. I probably spent more time in training trying combos and movement than actually playing matches online and took a lot of losses during that in between period, but now I'd never go back to pad.

However that's not to say stick is for everyone.

Man I hated dealing with Akuma's shaku in SF4 mainly because of how annoying it was in a fireball fight when you have to keep dodging them whether you threw your own fireball or not. But man I love it in SFV, it's basically free V meter for Ryu. I played this guy who kept chucking them and probably didn't know why I kept parrying it.

He probably thought I did it just to look cool but they buffed Ryu's V meter gain from parry so he gets half a bar by parring a 3 hit fireball. In other words it just takes 4 three hit shaku's to give Ryu full V meter. It's SF4 Rose all over again in that situation. Basically just don't do it from full screen.

Happy holidays everyone!

I just ran into somebody with a "Capcom Pro Tour 2016" tag in casuals. Were they handing out codes for those at the tour or is it something you can just unlock?

myco666

Ucchedavāda;227167726 said:
Happy holidays everyone!

I just ran into somebody with a "Capcom Pro Tour 2016" tag in casuals. Were they handing out codes for those at the tour or is it something you can just unlock?

Thats from the CPT bundle.

Let's celebrate the day by reading the latest shitpost extravaganza about this game on Gaming Side!

Some dude already posted about how story mode and new characters don't count because they aren't on the disc. Great stuff.

I will always read through SFV threads. They're pure comedy.

Let's celebrate the day by reading the latest shitpost extravaganza about this game on Gaming Side!

Some dude already posted about how story mode and new characters don't count because they aren't on the disc. Great stuff.
Someone quote my balance related post in the latest SFV thread on gaming-side.

Dahbomb

I think i saw a video a few days ago showing a way to cheese the Infernal Survival mode with Urien, someone got a link ? It is working ?
I just always started round with the Knee Dive move (M or H version) then when I am up close I do cr.MP, cr.MP L Knee Dive. The computer sucks at dealing with that Knee Dive move.

Kashiwaba

This guy should have quit video games after ps2.

VariantX

I'm not even really defensive about this game, but the shitposting is starting to get way out hand. There was another thread with an article in the OP talking about diversity in the fgc right after the conclusion of capcom cup. Thread didn't even get off the first page before someone insisted that the actual thread should be about "I don't like SFV". Because fuck reading the OP, I saw SFV or something related to it somewhere and I see red.

I know this game ain't perfect but damn am I grateful for it. Its really got my fighting spirit blazing and Im so excited to see what next year brings.

Anyways Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

Pompadour

I just always started round with the Knee Dive move (M or H version) then when I am up close I do cr.MP, cr.MP L Knee Dive. The computer sucks at dealing with that Knee Dive move.

Unfortunately, that doesn't really work anymore. It's still a good tactic but they block the knee dive 90% of the time in the higher levels.

Zackat

That might be the worst SFV thread yet. People arguing for fucking loot boxes. Jesus take the wheel.

I almost posted in it too. Almost.

Happy Holidays everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom