• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just always started round with the Knee Dive move (M or H version) then when I am up close I do cr.MP, cr.MP L Knee Dive. The computer sucks at dealing with that Knee Dive move.

There are ways to cheese Survival mode with various characters, but not every character. And that's only part of the problem.

It was knee dive spam, not sure if this is the video you're looking for but this worked for me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeOsDDQwoLc

Thanks y'all for the tips !

We had a topic a week ago about women in eSports. Got a whooping 15 relies or so.

Anything about SFV? Time to shitpost.

Been practing my parries in training mode. Balrog seems like a dude I shouldn't use it on unless I can catch him doing a punch from full screen but man if I could convert that to damage....

Winter Brawl wasnt a ranking event though. It was the first USA sfv major

Ah you are correct. It was Cannes Winter Clash that was the first ranking event. Winter Brawl X wasn't even a ranking event lol.

CWC is also gonna be taking place this year Feb 24-26 so I guess an assumption can be made that could be the start of the CPT.

Need some advice fighting fans.
I told my girlfriend that I wanted to try and get good at Street Fighter so she bought me a mini Hori fight stick for the PS4.

I've never used a fight stick before and I like that this Hori stick isn't too big and I can play with it on my lap, but...

I am absolutely terrible with it.

I've looked up online tutorials showing me how to hold the stick itself and I've spent about an hour in the training mode trying to get the inputs down but I'm really struggling to land anything with any consistency.

In comparison when I use the standard DS4 controller I find it so much easier to pull off moves.

Should I stick with the stick or go back to the controller? I'm finding the game borderline unplayable with the stick at present :(

A stick isn't going to make you "good", use whatever works for you.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Question: are the ranked fight challenges listed in your fighter profile supposed to be active? I've noticed their completion rate has never gone up. I'm pretty sure I've been completing the actions described in them during ranked matches.

Is there any way to get costumes for free? I just got this game and for some reason I was under the impression that everything could be either unlocked or purchased with fight money.

Thanks!

Neoxon

Is there any way to get costumes for free? I just got this game and for some reason I was under the impression that everything could be either unlocked or purchased with fight money.

Thanks!
You can earn gameplay-related content for free. While Story Costumes can be earned via Fight Money, all other costumes cost real money.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks!
Premium costumes are the only thing you cannot buy with Fight Money.

Neoxon

I forgot to mention this last week, apparently the unique blocked-attack animations are back for Akuma (namely for c.HK).

zundNcO.png

Moaradin

Finally I can play this game at Max settings again. For some reason my old GTX 680 could run the game max until a few months ago where it would drop to 30-40 fps randomly. Don't know if it was my GPU crapping out or if one of the game patches did something.

Zackat

I don't get the matchmaking is bad part. I can log in to this game at any time of the day, any day of the week, and have a match within a minute or so

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm convinced they should have done the f2p thing of having random drops, some opening animation lottery and people would go crazy over the free content. Right now Capcom is giving away whole season passes worth of Fight Money and they get yelled at at the same time, it's absurd.
I wrote it in that thread, too, but I have about 540k FM right now and can get season 2 completely for free if I want to. I don't even know any other game that has something like that.

I don't get the matchmaking is bad part. I can log in to this game at any time of the day, any day of the week, and have a match within a minute
Qualitywise it's fine, but it is way too slow.

kirblar

I'm convinced they should have done the f2p thing of having random drops, some opening animation lottery and people would go crazy over the free content. Right now Capcom is giving away whole season passes worth of Fight Money and they get yelled at at the same time, it's absurd.
I wrote it in that thread, too, but I have about 540k FM right now and can get season 2 completely for free if I want to. I don't even know any other game that has something like that.

They copied the HOTS system, and HOTS is about to implement loot boxes and stuff like you suggest because too many players don't respond to dailies well. Lizard brain likes rewards and overrides rational person brain for so many people.

Skilletor

For some reason grinding isn't grinding in overwatch because it's fun to play, but it's grinding in sf5 because...???

Whatever, lol.

Zackat

It is similar to Heroes of the Storm in that people see the shop and price of costumes, get sticker shock, bitch about it, and never play the game. When in reality, farming up heroes in that game is so damn easy they are practically free. I am becoming more convinced that bringing this style of F2P system, which is in other games I play daily on my PC, to the console space was a mistake. It is just not how people in this ecosystem are used to interacting with their games, while on PC it is the norm.

Are there any other console games that have this system and it is accepted? Paragon maybe? I haven't played it since it went live.

For some reason grinding isn't grinding in overwatch because it's fun to play, but it's grinding in sf5 because...???

Whatever, lol.
There's a sweet animation when you open the boxes tho!

I actually defended the lootboxes in overwatch when it was just the base game ones, but once they started doing the event costumes being locked to lootboxes and unable to buy them with the ingame currency I was out.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Whatever, lol.
The only grinding I've done was playing easy survival with every character, there's no way I would have done that without the reward.

Everything else like trials, story mode and demonstrations I would have done anyway. Even the challenges, although they are admittedly pretty lame.

Ah you're right, I've even seen it in HOTS myself. I guess Capcom should take notice then. For some stupid reason people want the lottery.

I can't even explain it.

In season 1, FANG was shit then too but he was FUN.

In season 2, even though he's gotten some decent buffs with the most worthwhile in my eyes being that his trap now lasts long enough to meaty after a CA or sweep with late recovery, he just doesn't feel FUN anymore.

JayEH

I can't even explain it.

In season 1, FANG was shit then too but he was FUN.

In season 2, even though he's gotten some decent buffs with the most worthwhile in my eyes being that his trap now lasts long enough to meaty after a CA or sweep with late recovery, he just doesn't feel FUN anymore.

He's too good now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom