• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
Mika haters,

How do you feel about fighting Mika now?
Never hated her but I'd be lying if I said I don't welcome that whip nerf. Feels a bit more honest now.

Corner game still scary but fighting her mid-screen is less derpy which I'm happy about. Funny thing is I've seen fuck all mika's now, used to fight her all the time.

I can't even explain it.

In season 1, FANG was shit then too but he was FUN.

In season 2, even though he's gotten some decent buffs with the most worthwhile in my eyes being that his trap now lasts long enough to meaty after a CA or sweep with late recovery, he just doesn't feel FUN anymore.

I felt the same way based on the time I put into him. FANG was my first SFV main while I was waiting for Guile, and he didn't feel fun to me either when I was messing around with him in training. I think a big part of it is that extra 2f of startup on s.HK. That was probably his most fun button in S1, to me, and it feels a lot weaker now, especially after a crossup.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I think I've lost mine, too. Only reason I can imagine is that it crashed once while I was looking for one and alt-tabbed to a browser.

FluxWaveZ

Never hated her but I'd be lying if I said I don't welcome that whip nerf. Feels a bit more honest now.

Corner game still scary but fighting her mid-screen is less derpy which I'm happy about. Funny thing is I've seen fuck all mika's now, used to fight her all the time.

A lot of Mika players seem to have abandoned her after the start of S2. If the only thing removed was the invisible wall, that'd be whatever; there are plenty of ways to play around that. But they nerfed a ton of far more important elements to her arsenal, so it's hard.

Marvel

could never
A lot of Mika players seem to have abandoned her after the start of S2. If the only thing removed was the invisible wall, that'd be whatever; there are plenty of ways to play around that. But they nerfed a ton of far more important elements to her arsenal, so it's hard.
Ah really? damn, I have never touched her so I'm not sure what else she lost. Well that is a drag, yeah I'm not seeing any mika's since S2's launch.

Quite shocking.

Newbie question, how do I git gud? I like playing as Cammy, but I'm not really sure what combos I should be trying to pull off or what to do when I've grounded or cornered someone. I'm OK at chipping away at health, but I'm not really ever doing very long combos and dishing out damage. And I always end up getting Shoryukened by characters like Akuma when I feel like I have an opportunity to really bust out the damage once I've cornered someone.

Nah bruh, FANG can now combo off of (certain) lights, his CH game is better, some setups are better and his V-Trigger is now better.

I'm satisfied.

After finally managing to put in some time with S2 FANG, I've come to a conclusion.

He's ass.

Is Laura good these days?

I knew your attitude would change! Being able to link sHP off lights wasn't worth making them slower. And good luck making those links consistently online. D: As a Gief main I can't complain about his buffs but I can't help but feel a bit salty when seeing what they gave characters like Guile, Urien, and Balrog in S2 and think "why only them?" Gief is definitely a better character in S2 than in S1. The buffs they gave Fang and Alex is like a double edged sword. Maybe we'll all be proven wrong but Fang and Alex look like they're gonna be worse in S2 and that ain't right because Fang was always bottom 3 and Alex was mid-tier on a good day. :/

I knew your attitude would change! Being able to link sHP off lights wasn't worth making them slower. And good luck making those links consistently online. D: As a Gief main I can't complain about his buffs but I can't help but feel a bit salty when seeing what they gave characters like Guile, Urien, and Balrog in S2 and think "why only them?" Gief is definitely a better character in S2 than in S1. The buffs they gave Fang and Alex is like a double edged sword. Maybe we'll all be proven wrong but Fang and Alex look like they're gonna be worse in S2 and that ain't right because Fang was always bottom 3 and Alex was mid-tier on a good day. :/
Yeah lol, I legitimately thought that the buff to his CH game would result in more damage but now having played him, I'd gladly take the old frame data back. His normals, mainly the st.hk and the cr.mp are TOO slow.

It just seems so unfair that Guile/Bison can easily punish a blocked overhead with cr.mp xx whatever but FANG can't. Even with the V-Trigger buff, it just wasn't that good a button to justify the nerf.

Marvel

could never
Newbie question, how do I git gud?
Honestly? Time.

And lots of hours both playing and watching others who play your character. Don't be like me and focus on long ass combos only, it looks great sure but if you caught up on needing to hit it in a match the preassure might cost you the game as it does for me lol.

You play Cammy, so focus on your reactions what we call hitconfirms. Drill into your soul when to spiral arrow and when not to. Fish for Spiral Arrow if you can get two crouching MP's. Anti airs also, but if doing dp on reaction isn't 100% working out at the moment then keep it simple. Back MP.

What you said about chipping away their hp is no bad thing, risking it all and getting punished sucks. Try and punish those who throw out a lot of specials, easy dmg and it all racks up.

Don't forget to use her vtrigger, you can easily extend a combo.

Keep em in the corner with jab, crMP and lk preassure, DP them when they try and jump out, you have the advantage on what they are desparate to do. Which is to jump out if they have no teleport or EX move to shift position. If they do have bar some may well do just that so be careful.

Kalentan

Man fuck Smurfs. Seriously, bunch of assholes. Not good enough to play with high end players but they know they're good enough to kick the ass out of lowbies like myself. Then they have the gall to select: "Play again" after beating the shit of of me.

joe2187

Banned
Man fuck Smurfs. Seriously, bunch of assholes. Not good enough to play with high end players but they know they're good enough to kick the ass out of lowbies like myself. Then they have the gall to select: "Play again" after beating the shit of of me.

Why wouldnt you play again?

adapt to their playstyle and counter it. I always rematch, even ranked.

Newbie question, how do I git gud? I like playing as Cammy, but I'm not really sure what combos I should be trying to pull off or what to do when I've grounded or cornered someone. I'm OK at chipping away at health, but I'm not really ever doing very long combos and dishing out damage. And I always end up getting Shoryukened by characters like Akuma when I feel like I have an opportunity to really bust out the damage once I've cornered someone.

Have you checked out Gief's Gym? There's a lot of useful information there.

Sigmaah

What marvel said. Deff watch a lot of videos and lab it up and practice situational stuff with the recording feature. Shit helps a ton.

galvenize

After a whole year of God-like AA jab playing Alex, Im free to jump ins playing Juri because I can't seem to press anything but jab right now.

I've been getting my ass handed to me a lot as Akuma, still don't know what the heck his gameplan is. Chuck fireballs? RTSD? Mix-ups? He really can't play footsies with his stubby ass normals, so what?

Whales

Banned
the worst thing this season is urien

this dude was already really fucking good in season 1, but then capcom decided to give him a cross up, boost his HP, make every fucking single one of his moves + on block. Even his cr.mk is + on block. Wtf?

and then they shit on alex and fang? LOL

Sigmaah

this dude was already really fucking good in season 1, but then capcom decided to give him a cross up, boost his HP, make every fucking single one of his moves + on block. Even his cr.mk is + on block. Wtf?

Thank god i play urien too!

Marvel

could never
I just kinda go batshit with Akuma and try not to lose momentum. Air fb's on their wakeup or just in general seem to be key. Demonflip grab is easy dmg atm (at least in my division) cross-unders are very important as is his back HP.

Anyone got some good juri optimal combos/tech for S2? I love playing Laura but shes top tier now so i also need someone low-mid tier to appeal to my low tier obsession.

Urien is insane. I wish Karin had anti air buttons like his. When I fought Count last night I must have traded on like 20 out of 21 cr.HP anti airs. Maybe st.HP is better? I don't know.
Yall keep talking about Alex but I see all this tech on Twitter and I'm like hmmm
I got Count of all people to admit that Alex was ass last night lmao. Dude is sweaty summer ass cheek tier. Only thing keeping him from the very bottom is Fang for now.
I'll go back to Alex when he gets his damn nostalgia outfit lol.
I was like this all the way up until the balance patch. After seeing how they "buffed" him I think I'll save my money instead.

Moaradin

Urien got better but I don't think he's gonna be insane in S2. The S1 top tiers like Chun, Ryu, and Cammy might still be at the top lol

Ucchedavāda;227179150 said:
For Season 3, Alex will be removed from the game to make room for more costumes for Cammy and Chun-Li.

Maybe that'll finally force me to pick a top tier.

Also that new SFV thread is probably the most heated one yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom