• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
Looks like we are using the same characters, my man. Spill the beans. You are talking combos off charged V Skill? Off that new f&FP juggle launcher? The cancel off first of MK? Tell me!! I was in the lab with her and Akuma legit all day after my kids opened their presents at 7am.
I haven't used her since S1! Lol

Buuuut I may go back to her at some point.

Edzi

It's disconnecting me now for the first time in ages, and I don't want them to label me as a RQer because of their shit servers.

Edzi

lol, fighting Cammy feels like bullshit now. Everything is fast, everything is safe, and when she's not hitting buttons in your face she's grabbing you. I don't know how to keep up.

Honestly? Time.

And lots of hours both playing and watching others who play your character. Don't be like me and focus on long ass combos only, it looks great sure but if you caught up on needing to hit it in a match the preassure might cost you the game as it does for me lol.

You play Cammy, so focus on your reactions what we call hitconfirms. Drill into your soul when to spiral arrow and when not to. Fish for Spiral Arrow if you can get two crouching MP's. Anti airs also, but if doing dp on reaction isn't 100% working out at the moment then keep it simple. Back MP.

What you said about chipping away their hp is no bad thing, risking it all and getting punished sucks. Try and punish those who throw out a lot of specials, easy dmg and it all racks up.

Don't forget to use her vtrigger, you can easily extend a combo.

Keep em in the corner with jab, crMP and lk preassure, DP them when they try and jump out, you have the advantage on what they are desparate to do. Which is to jump out if they have no teleport or EX move to shift position. If they do have bar some may well do just that so be careful.

Ucchedavāda;227177704 said:
Have you checked out Gief's Gym? There's a lot of useful information there.

What marvel said. Deff watch a lot of videos and lab it up and practice situational stuff with the recording feature. Shit helps a ton.

Thanks so much! What's the best place/accounts to watch videos? I've just been googling "cammy tournament play" and finding stuff on youtube.

Edzi

Yeah, I've run into this a lot, especially after blocking a meaty normal.

RIP Alex

You were always meant to be butt.

I'm genuinely starting to consider switching mains. It's just hard to do anything with Alex anymore unless you're getting godlike reads. His neutral sucks now, his AAs are all inconsistent, and his damage output is garbage unless you're spending meter.

Thanks so much! What's the best place/accounts to watch videos? I've just been googling "cammy tournament play" and finding stuff on youtube.

Youtube is the standard source.
Try to find high-level players who play Cammy, and then just search for matches that involve them. Furthermore, you can try to find streamers who play Cammy, and follow them, which can be very helpful since you get to watch a whole bunch of matches.

One example would be KBrad, who is Cammy fanatic, a tournament player, and appears to stream SFV semi-regularly on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/kbradjstorm/videos/all

I'm genuinely starting to consider switching mains. It's just hard to do anything with Alex anymore unless you're getting godlike reads. His neutral sucks now, his AAs are all inconsistent, and his damage output is garbage unless you're spending meter.
Balrog solves all of these problems. Yeah, even that medium punch (I assume it's his medium or heavy punch) AA he has is a very reliable anti air. He does all those things you listed, but far better than Alex ever has in any game. Just let Balrog in.

Edzi

Balrog solves all of these problems. Yeah, even that medium punch (I assume it's his medium or heavy punch) AA he has is a very reliable anti air. He does all those things you listed, but far better than Alex ever has in any game. Just let Balrog in.

I was actually considering it. The only thing I don't like about Balrog is that he has a "hold the button" special, which I'm not a huge fan of. Dunno how integral that is to his gameplan though.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I haven't used her since S1! Lol

Buuuut I may go back to her at some point.

Hahaha I just picked her up myself basically at the very end of Season 1. Uphill battle all the time. I still dunno all her improvements though aside from that new target combo,V Skill shenanigans and being able to combo off the first hit of her MK.

Sigmaah

Sigmaah, you play the most unsafe Vega I've ever seen. Lol, I keep letting you get away with it though.

Edzi if u want a new main why not akuma lmao u seem to know what ur doing with him already. I picked vega just there to see if you'd play the same as u were against my akuma and u weren't for some reason. When it was akuma mirror u were on point so if u like akuma use him and do that.

LMAO!! Thanks bro.

Edzi

Edzi if u want a new main why not akuma lmao u seem to know what ur doing with him already. I picked vega just there to see if you'd play the same as u were against my akuma and u weren't for some reason. When it was akuma mirror u were on point so if u like akuma use him and do that.

LMAO!! Thanks bro.

Thanks, definitely trying to learn him. And lol, you act as though I can play the same game when I'm worrying about Vega's shenanigans. I was trying and failing to punish the random slides, so they became a real threat. I don't know what's safe and what isn't with him either.

Also, mannnn, Urien is gonna be a crazy threat this season. He's got some of the best range, buttons, and gimmicks in the game.

Sigmaah

Thanks, definitely trying to learn him. And lol, you act as though I can play the same game when I'm worrying about Vega's shenanigans. I was trying and failing to punish the random slides, so they became a real threat.

U were aaing me and punishing me really well when I played akuma so I assumed it wouldn't change with vega but true vega is a whole different thing to try to do the same to.

Man I'm having a real character crisis moment. Feel like Balrog/Birdie is really the best combo for me right now.

Been like that since day 1, from Zangief to Vega to Alex, back to Zangief now back to Vega, playing my gold league friend in season 1 our Vega vs Urien match was 5-5, season 2 it's now 8-2, I am hoping Capcom realize some of the buffs they gave to certain characters was over the top and they do a re-balance by the end of February, if not I am join the top tier army..

Edzi

GGs Sigmaah, wish I could play more but I've gotta head out for a bit. Def need more practice against your Vega and Urien, maybe I'll try to learn Balrog for next time.

SephLuis

Looks like we are using the same characters, my man. Spill the beans. You are talking combos off charged V Skill? Off that new f&FP juggle launcher? The cancel off first of MK? Tell me!! I was in the lab with her and Akuma legit all day after my kids opened their presents at 7am.

Post some knowledge my friend. I just practiced with Juri yesterday but I am trying to re-adapt myself with her and Chun.

I am using this video as reference for now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VABbcdUuTb0

lol, fighting Cammy feels like bullshit now. Everything is fast, everything is safe, and when she's not hitting buttons in your face she's grabbing you. I don't know how to keep up.

The fact that you can actually press buttons after all blocked non-V-trigger dive kicks (unless you block it really low) makes this matchup a LOT better for Alex than it used to be.

Also, LPN later said this in the same tweet:

https://twitter.com/Kengou12/status/812702362066251776
https://twitter.com/Circa_LPN/status/812702621936984064

So, I don't think he really thinks Alex is that bad. he said he'd still be sticking with him.

Edzi

The fact that you can actually press buttons after all blocked non-V-trigger dive kicks (unless you block it really low) makes this matchup a LOT better for Alex than it used to be.

Also, LPN later said this in the same tweet:

https://twitter.com/Kengou12/status/812702362066251776
https://twitter.com/Circa_LPN/status/812702621936984064

So, I don't think he really thinks Alex is that bad. he said he'd still be sticking with him.

I mean, he's never been great imo, and I think the nerfs he got outweigh the buffs. I think he's still around mid tier, but just the fact that he got a net loss after the patch is really disappointing.

leroidys

Speaking of Alex, does anyone have advice for high angle jump ins like Karin? Jab doesn't seem to catch it anymore, and neither cr hp or his dp catch anything that close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom