• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't exactly seem to be playing 100% serious.

He just had this Birdie dizzy in the corner with like 15% life left, and instead of killing him he trolled around with a cheeky reset that didn't kill...and then lost lol.

In another match, he was hell bent on trying to parry everything...

In another match, he stood full screen doing V-skill over and over, even though he was getting hit by Urien fireballs...

In yet another, he tried like 3 headbutts in a row...

I think he's just fooling around, why also trying out set ups.

EDIT: He DID pull off the "Yami suplex"...though.

mooncakes

Taking so many Ls today with Akuma.

Getting better on my meaties though.

That's so lame, I've beaten Mikas higher ranked than I, I am silver, during season one. Yeah she was crazy cheap but people just need to learn to not get hit.

no, I meant the ranking thing. I get booted when i try go into a plat lobby haha. I want to git gud by getting beat by better players.

I am a scrub at this game.

I still want the nostalgic potato sack costume for Ibuki. Capcom Please hurry up.

Femto.

no, I meant the ranking thing. I get booted when i try go into a plat lobby haha. I want to git gud by getting beat by better players.

I am a scrub at this game.

I still want the nostalgic potato sack costume for Ibuki. Capcom Please hurry up.

ohhhhh, yeah that's still shitty regardless lol

Wallach

stormKUBO's Alex is impressive, even if he's losing a lot.

he seems to have quit messing around a bit, gone on a nice little streak now

not sure what he's doing sometimes when he gets a midscreen stun, like some weird s.HP reset attempt but he doesn't follow the s.HP with anything at all

Birdie santa would be great and so would all the salty American fallout from his Christmas costume.
stormKUBO's Alex is impressive, even if he's losing a lot.
"sorry about that"

"even if he's losing a lot"

At this point all we need is "at least he tried", so Alex can be this game's pity character lol.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm reading that if the game gives you a 'failed to retrieve data from the server' message you'll lose your good standing status/icon.

Anyone else notice this?

I've seen that after almost every match lately.
It's pretty obnoxious, but at least you don't lose anything major.

Do people with poor standing lose their icon, too? If so, it's a different story...

Marvel

could never
Oh you can get the stage transition from the Taunt
cczzfgf6

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Birdie santa would be great and so would all the salty American fallout from his Christmas costume.

"sorry about that"

"even if he's losing a lot"

At this point all we need is "at least he tried", so Alex can be this game's pity character lol.

He was winning until he lost.

Wallach

So the charge times got tougher? Yeesh it's like they don't want me to play Urien ever.

Well, the actual charge times weren't changed, you just have to actually complete the motion faster than before. So like if you are sitting there charging down back, when you go to do shoulder tackle you need to hit forward and P within 6 frames of letting go of down back. Previously this window was 12 frames. It's more of a muscle memory change than anything, though it makes some charge buffering techniques much harder; so like Alex charging down, then standing just long enough to hit s.MP canceled into stun gun headbutt, you only have 6 frames from letting go of down to go to neutral, hit s.MP, then hit up and any P to still use your down charge. It does however cut down on the instances where you are charging back or down back, but then want to walk forward and get a normal out but instead you throw a charge move.

FACE

Banned
Balrog's dash punches in general are ringing alarm bells in my head right now. I'm surprised they aren't making more waves in everyone's consciousness. This stuff isn't just great against fireball characters. I hope it's me just going through a phase because countering him feels almost beyond normal human reaction levels and his safety is so ridiculous that he makes Cammy look more unsafe than Alex lol. I'm seriously hoping that they'll be sprinkling buffs across the less well off parts of the cast all throughout July and February or we get two balance patches a year instead of one because the future of this game's online landscape looks as bleak as season one's to me.

People uppercut Boxer's dash punches in ST on reaction, you'll be fine.

LoveCake

I picked up the steelbook version at launch and also the season pass, I haven't played much though as the game is pretty disappointing, I have played online but just keep getting smashed to bits, as for the DLC when I went in the other day there were new stages/backgrounds but they cost the in-game coins but I don't have enough and I feel I should get these as I have the season pass.

If the game is a service then it needs to be compelling to keep people playing (which this game isn't), this is how I feel about Forza Horizon 3.

Marvel

could never
Why do you feel you should get those stages when the season pass tells you exactly what you are buying? Just do the character stories, demonstrations and cinematic story and boom hundreds of thousands of FM right there. Quick too.

He doesn't exactly seem to be playing 100% serious.

He just had this Birdie dizzy in the corner with like 15% life left, and instead of killing him he trolled around with a cheeky reset that didn't kill...and then lost lol.

In another match, he was hell bent on trying to parry everything...

In another match, he stood full screen doing V-skill over and over, even though he was getting hit by Urien fireballs...

In yet another, he tried like 3 headbutts in a row...

I think he's just fooling around, why also trying out set ups.

EDIT: He DID pull off the "Yami suplex"...though.
Yeah, he messes around a lot on his stream. I could tell from his voice even if I can't understand much of the language.
He was winning until he lost.
Gonna see if I can watch some of that now.
People uppercut Boxer's dash punches in ST on reaction, you'll be fine.
I'm not angry or trying to insult you (being serious here), but risking 60% of my life just to react to a 3/4ths screen EX low dash punch sounds like the dumbest idea in the world lol. You mentioned Sas in the discord as well, but the difference is that in VSav all those resets give you a chance to stem the bleeding. In SFV you are assed out if your opponent can get a halfway optimal damage combo.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Birdie EX Bull Head (V-Trigger)

Active from about frame 15.
Armour from frame 1 to about 21.
Goes pretty much full screen.
-2 on block.

Looking forward to every Birdie player using that as a crutch online. Luckily Vega can still punish it using V-reversal into full combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom