• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't tiger knee IAL. You have to jump then immediately input legs. That's why neutral IAL is harder because it's a further swing from up to down than it is from uf to down.

It's so strange what moves can be buffered for air inputs and which ones can't. For example, Dhalsim can do the Yoga Gale input (hcb) and then press uf and a punch and it will do an instant air gale, but the EX version requires you to input the hcb after you jump. Zangief can buffer his air SPD and the EX version.

You can't tiger knee IAL. You have to jump then immediately input legs. That's why neutral IAL is harder because it's a further swing from up to down than it is from uf to down.

It's so strange what moves can be buffered for air inputs and which ones can't. For example, Dhalsim can do the Yoga Gale input (hcb) and then press uf and a punch and it will do an instant air gale, but the EX version requires you to input the hcb after you jump. Zangief can buffer his air SPD and the EX version.
Well this definitely makes me feel better. Thought I was losing my mind.

How do you do instant air legs in general? Are you supposed to do a tiger knee motion, because that shit doesn't work for me at all. I've never had problems doing instant air moves in any other game. I played Cable in MvC2 ffs. I even do Dhalsims consistently in this game.
I have to just jump and quickly do the legs motion whenever I'm using Chun.

Someone told me that they find it easier to jump then spin the stick round, like U, UB, B, DB, D, DF, F+K, in a really fast motion. Works for me sometimes but I still can't nail the timing.

Producer

Its kinda like a tiger knee, the input is 23693. That said its better to do it normally, the tk version will go over your opponent at close range and whiff.

Kikirin

*cracks knuckles* Finally, my time to shine.

It's decent for low profiling fireballs, yes. But only medium/ fast speed fireballs since low fireballs can be a bit of an issue, particularly the slow sonic boom. You can of course cancel it into upballs which is good if you're a full screen away and engaged in a fireball trade since you cancel the end of the animation to EX slide and get a follow up if they hit.

It's something you use when you have a setup for it, like after you get a knockdown on the opponent. It's a not a move you should be throwing out willy nilly since it's very slow and can guarantee a CC knockdown if the opponent does sweep. It's +2 oB so it's a fantastic frametrap and a decent pressure tool when you have your opponent in the corner.

For those situations when you're close to the opponent but don't want to take the risk of doing that slow ass move, you use cr.mk

EDIT: The biggest problem with that move is that it fundamentally only works against characters that don't have meterless reversals. Anybody with a DP can just do that shit on reaction because as you've said, the startup is slow. Though chances are if they also have an invincible reversal, then the best course of action is usually to lame it out.

God I hope the poison gets some buffs because then playing slippery and zoning will actually become viable. As it stands, I feel like I HAVE to go in in certain matchups just so I can get some damage in.

Good stuff, thanks! Quite a few suspicions confirmed, though the canceling into upballs is new info for me. Gonna need to try that out.

Torry

Neo Member
Oh good, that's a relief.

Still think it's fantastic that there are only 2 F.A.N.G players that are currently active in this thread. Always seemed so fitting.

The way it's supposed to be. One leave, another arrive.

So here's a question for the FANG player(s): when is it generally good to use the coward crouch + kick? Is it more than just a gimmick tool?

It is much more.
- You start the round with it to show you are NOT a coward.
- You're sure a poison ball will hit and kill? Get down and praise the ground they soon will lie on.
- You playing against Ken on Karin's beach? Soak yourself and suddenly it's an 11 - (-1) MU for you.

You just need to experiment (Or follow Lucy's advice)

disney-gif-mickey-mouse-poison-Favim.com-235421.gif

Onemic

So it's pretty much like doing an instant air jaguar kick in SF4?

Shadoken

After. I predict a Season 2 announcement/teaser during the PSX keynote, and an Akuma trailer after CC.

Akuma is playable at PSX tho , would be weird if the Trailer was after he was playable. I think Akuma trailer will come during the Keynote as well.

After CC we ll likely get a teaser for the next chararcter or some sneak peak into S2 story mode or something.

Skab

After. I predict a Season 2 announcement/teaser during the PSX keynote, and an Akuma trailer after CC.

I pretty sure Akuma and the second person aren't actually part of season two though. They added those two character slots for a reason.

I want d-input too but are you really having an issue with x360ce? You only have to configure it once. Are you doing local multi a lot or what?

X button is being registered as the Xbox's X button so 50% of the time I go into matchmaking settings. It's due to using Steam's ds4 beta update and trying to configure it is a pain because its buggy right now.

Neoxon

I pretty sure Akuma and the second person aren't actually part of season two though. They added those two character slots for a reason.
It'd be pretty cool if Capcom gave Akuma & whoever the 2nd character is to 2016 Season Pass owners for free (it'd be a nice Christmas gift from Capcom), but I'm just gonna expect them to make them Season 2 characters so I won't get disappointed.

Anyone else gonna' be at the PlayStation Experience? I want GAF matches in real life.

I might end up going with my brother. Not sure though.

It'd be pretty cool if Capcom gave Akuma & whoever the 2nd character is to 2016 Season Pass owners for free (it'd be a nice Christmas gift from Capcom), but I'm just gonna expect them to make them Season 2 characters so I won't get disappointed.

I'd be more than happy with them releasing Akuma after CC Top 8 finishes. I wasn't expecting anything more than what they detailed in the season pass and it has delivered on its promise and then some. Really liked the season pass, even if the communication and release schedule was a bit wonky.

Neoxon

Damn, Du has a real shot at top 5 at least huh?
Dude's on a warpath right now, so him going far in the Capcom Cup wouldn't surprise me. Hell, he could end up winning the Capcom Cup at the rate he's going at.
.......unless Tokido comes back with anti-Guile & anti-Mika tech.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Du is also really smart to main Mika and Guile (and Nash beforehand) to cover all his match-ups and opponents. I feel like other pro players could learn from it.

I legit have no clue who will win CC.

A few months ago, I would have said Infil. Then he started getting beaten left and right.

A few weeks ago, I would have said Xiaahai. Then Du beat him.

Plus, we have one more entrant to determine next weekend.

The uncertainty makes things really exciting.

I still think Tokido is going to take it. Dude is just way too smart. If he can plug the holes of character match ups, he'll be too good.

He kinda freezes when he gets caught with unfamiliar stuff though. But I suppose nobody can be perfect.

Du needs another year or two, but he's still ridiculous with that Guile play.

Infl MIGHT be able to take it if he starts doing his multiple character picks for matchups. I still think his execution is better than Tokido's in general but his Nash is missing something.

Daigo....lol. Either that guy is going to take the whole thing free and prove he's not washed up/been caught up to, or he's going down quick. He's too defensive in an offensive game, and while that's okay to do, it's not working for his style of play. I think he should switch to what Tokido is doing tbh.

Oh and Snake Eyez will leave a set in the middle of it because 8frames, Chris T (if he's even in) will lose to a 10-0 matchup because Ken is awful (lel), and Mike Ross will be the secret final boss of the tournament.

Kashiwaba

I still think Tokido is going to take it. Dude is just way too smart. If he can plug the holes of character match ups, he'll be too good.

He kinda freezes when he gets caught with unfamiliar stuff though. But I suppose nobody can be perfect.

Infl MIGHT be able to take it if he starts doing his multiple character picks for matchups. I still think his execution is better than Tokido's in general but his Nash is missing something.

Daigo....lol. Either that guy is going to take the whole thing free and prove he's not washed up/been caught up to, or he's going down quick. He's too defensive in an offensive game, and while that's okay to do, it's not working for his style of play. I think he should switch to what Tokido is doing tbh.

Oh and Snake Eyez will leave a set in the middle of it because 8frames, Chris T (if he's even in) will lose to a 10-0 matchup because Ken is awful (lel), and Mike Ross will be the secret final boss of the tournament.
Let's hope momochi wins because Ken needs a non atrocious costume.

Skab

To those of you who have played me, was there any lag on my end?

A lot of my matches lately have been stuttery messes and I'm wondering if my ISP has done something to my connection.

Really frustrating when the game eats inputs because of lag and you lose rounds you would have otherwise won.

JayEH

Chris T is in, snake is not.

To those of you who have played me, was there any lag on my end?

A lot of my matches lately have been stuttery messes and I'm wondering if my ISP has done something to my connection.

Really frustrating when the game eats inputs because of lag and you lose rounds you would have otherwise won.

No.

Let's hope momochi wins because Ken needs a non atrocious costume.

I'd rather have an infiltration Juri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom