• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gren

I love the constant challenges; keeps my FM topped off. Even after I just bought Skies of Honor, I now have enough for another stage, or almost enough for two story costumes (thus far generally the best costumes that aren't throwbacks, imo).

It requires you to be playing "gimped" though. Playing a whole round without access to two of your buttons is difficult, and what if the punch doesn't land/gets blocked?
Well that's the risk you're taking using some gimmick shit.

I mean I don't know how long you have to charge, but if you're on a pixel of life and surviving for 20 seconds or so, I think it would be worth a shot.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I hated SF4 online. Or more specifically I hated the combination of these super tight links and varying input lag from match to match. Such a stupid concept. I'm glad we're over this.

Devid905

Another announcement coming very soon (perhaps as soon as Monday): http://www.capcom.co.jp/game/content/streetfighter/saikyoblog/1936
タイトル通りなのですが、秋がどうやら終わったと、TVのニュースで言っていました。

今年の秋、短かったですね。

こんばんは、綾野です。

今週のブログは何を書こうかなと思っていたのですが、

そういえば来週月曜日にコラボ関連のアノ発表があるので、そこまで温めておこうと思いました。

え?それだけ?

という感じですが、来週月曜日をお楽しみに!

I just got to play this for the first time yesterday, and I'm reminded how bad I am at fighting games lol. Definitely feels and looks better to 4 though.

Also, I'm playing using the D pad, but I'm having trouble executing circular or Z patterns consistently. Any tips?

I've tested it out a bit. I think it's good in V-Trigger and okay outside of it.

At the ranges where it'd be most effective, I wouldn't want to use it because it'd mostly be in a range where the opponent could jump in as well. You wouldn't want to use a fireball with such slow start up in close range and it's too slow to use it as a reaction to other fireballs.

I think I've seen Wolfkrone use it but I've never understood why he was going through fireballs lol

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I just got to play this for the first time yesterday, and I'm reminded how bad I am at fighting games lol. Definitely feels and looks better to 4 though.

Also, I'm playing using the D pad, but I'm having trouble executing circular or Z patterns consistently. Any tips?

Are you using the tip of your thumb and moving it around the dpad or are you using the ball of your thumb and rolling/rocking it to do the motions? If you're already doing the latter, then just practice more. Once you get it you'll have it forever.

Also make sure you're not taking the z-motions literally. You just have to press forward-down-downforward. When I was first learning SF the person helping me told me to press forward and then do a fireball motion. That's how I got a handle on it.

You just have to do it a lot and it will become second nature. Don't second-guess your use of a pad, this game works great with one.

Ryce

And what does this say for a who can't read it
There's going to be "an announcement concerning a collaboration" on Monday. Collaboration specifically refers to a crossover, so it'll probably be more licensed costumes like the Red Bull ones, the appearance of SF characters in another game, or the production of licensed SF apparel. I wouldn't get too excited.

Skab

Guys I just realized something. We have a classic Bison stage coming, and Akuma.

They should recreate the ST moment for his trailer.

Finally have a bit of time to play this online again, made a lounge cfn reizoryuu, pass 619, come and maul my week old necalli for a bit.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Look at this amazing thread...
Well, that person is not alone and should be a bis lesson for Capcom. I honestly think that a certain "wow factor" single player content is needed for people like this. Just a 90 minute bombastic thing for every new player to do immediately and feel happy about their purchase. Let them think they achieved something with their mashing. And have a big cutscene at the end where you save the world.

They can come up with the best fighting system ever, the best character designs ever, the best balance and variety ever, but they will still not get this person on board. It's just not what they care about.

But a fighting game today needs to sell to this audience, too.

And I know they released a single player campaign later, but it wasn't very good and it came out months later when this audience mostly already forgot the game exists.
And it didn't really cater to this audience either. The only good bits about it were basically easter eggs for fans of the franchise who know the dolls and the illuminati. But every idiot should understand the arch of what power fantasy is currently happening on screen.

Lag for this netcode is just fucking unacceptable to me, I hit the uninstall I will come back after Balance update but for now I can't play this game...

Played 5 lag free games of SF4 feels good..

I realize I'll never rank up because some players will just throttle their connection/Alt-tab to get wins. I kept getting connected to opponents who starts to lag their connection in the 2nd round with players who are high level with low LP. I don't get mad anymore I just laugh how bad Capcom screwed up after SFxT which supposedly uses the same netcode. They even addressed the audio bug in that game the year it was released on their blog.

Blueblur1

Another announcement coming very soon (perhaps as soon as Monday): http://www.capcom.co.jp/game/content/streetfighter/saikyoblog/1936

The Google Translation...

It is as the title, but it seems that autumn has finally ended up saying on TV news.

It was short this autumn.

Good evening, this is Ayano.

I thought what to write this week 's blog,

By the way, I have an announcement related to collaboration next Monday, so I decided to keep it warm there.

Huh? that's all?

It is a feeling, but please look forward to next Monday!

...Says its a collaboration. I would expect another collaboration costume announcement - similar to the Ryu and Chun-Li Red Bull costumes - not any character news.

Edit: It could even be merchandise related, not game related. So I wouldn't get your hopes up.

DunpealD

Well that's the risk you're taking using some gimmick shit.

I mean I don't know how long you have to charge, but if you're on a pixel of life and surviving for 20 seconds or so, I think it would be worth a shot.

56 seconds for the full charge, the only version with 1-18th frame full invincibility. Lower charges go from projectile invincible, 3-18 frame projectile and strike invincibilty, 1-18 frame projectile and strike invincibility You can charge like 2 seconds before the actual fight begins. Which means when you charge from the very beginning then you get the full charge at 46 seconds left. The full charge is especially dangerous because the scaling doesn't kick in at all.
So if you got TAP charged till the 1-18 frame kicks in you can escape the denjin guard break setup.

The less risky option is to confirm using a CC cr.HP, but the timing is difficult if you don't use V-trigger cancel.

Marvel

could never
There's going to be "an announcement concerning a collaboration" on Monday. Collaboration specifically refers to a crossover, so it'll probably be more licensed costumes like the Red Bull ones, the appearance of SF characters in another game, or the production of licensed SF apparel. I wouldn't get too excited.
Heihachi hairstyle for Ryu.

The Google Translation...

...Says its a collaboration. I would expect another collaboration costume announcement - similar to the Ryu and Chun-Li Red Bull costumes - not any character news.

Edit: It could even be merchandise related, not game related. So I wouldn't get your hopes up.

maybe they're gonna do FF15 themes costumes

daakusedo

I realize I'll never rank up because some players will just throttle their connection/Alt-tab to get wins. I kept getting connected to opponents who starts to lag their connection in the 2nd round with players who are high level with low LP. I don't get mad anymore I just laugh how bad Capcom screwed up after SFxT which supposedly uses the same netcode. They even addressed the audio bug in that game the year it was released on their blog.

Do it too, so you don't automatically loose the match.

JayEH

This is a good excuse for why you can't rank up.

I am officially joining the Chun army.

Enjoy this last month.

I had a real bad night last night. Lost over 1k points in one session. I'm pretty shaken by it, actually. :(
I know the feeling...you probably should have stopped at losing 400-500lp because after that point you’re likely just playing to win back points and fighting on tilt, meaning your play will be subpar at best.

Hopefully Capcom makes an option to where LP can be completed erased from the title screen, in between rounds and of course during matches (this is available now)

But yeah, you’ll bounce back and have a great day. All you have to do is beat two sets in a row with someone stronger than you.

Whaam!

Instant 400LP

Gren

Asura is actually part of the SF universe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYIdGNEvr0s
edit: Wait...is that supposed to be Urien and Kolin at 2:44??

Check this great video from BornFree: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9ETH_NIQP0
No, they're villains fromthe game.
You can filter out PC players. Doesn't address the issue, but there are a lot of little QOL things Capcom has yet to fix with this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom