• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe it was this interview or maybe not, but he said that Ryu is too strong lol. And I'm curious as to how they are gonna deal with the input lag since some characters are affected by it more than others.

And I wonder if he's going to play Akuma even if he's not top tier. It doesn't matter as much in this game, but still.

Man, speaking of Akuma, that dude was crazy in EX. Really wish they kept him throughout the series. Kairi is a poor man's Akuma tbh.

Skab

from just shy of gold all the way down to half way through silver

fuck this game man. ill never get good, and ive come close to breaking my stick several times now. dont know why i bother playing

mbpm1

fuck this game man. ill never get good, and ive come close to breaking my stick several times now. dont know why i bother playing

You should try to make it about getting better instead of getting good

Edzi

That attitude is probably why you're not getting good.

Skab, which character do you play? If you'd like, I could run a few sets with you to try and determine where you're struggling and what you need to work on.

Edzi

Anyone wanna play for a bit? It'll be my first time playing in a while so I'm probably going to be rusty. CFN EdziPC

Skab

Skab, which character do you play? If you'd like, I could run a few sets with you to try and determine where you're struggling and what you need to work on.

Bison.

I don't. I was just illustrating how much I'm losing. Though James does make a point in that video that speaks to me right now. I have no idea how to fight scrubs. The constant jumping cross up fireball spamming mika button scrubs just destroy me, and it makes me feel like i'm god awful. That is where 90% of my frustration comes from, and I don't know what to do differently.

DunpealD

Wanted to try out the new GIF function of the Sharefactory update:
tapintopowerchsxq.gif

The feeling of winning with one punch at 1 pixel health, when the opponent thinks "I can take whatever my opponent throws at me". ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 600 damage on Counterhit.

Dahbomb

Anyone know how to do the Bat Colony Daily challenge?

Also I can't seem to get the Demonstration challenge to work either (View a demonstration).

JayEH

lmao. I've tried holding TAP for that long during a match before for fun but I never get the chance to use it. dude must have been salty as fuck.

SephLuis

The challenge is to knockdown someone in the right side of the screen in Mystery Cove so that the bats come flying out.

Seems I just got it right before it gave me the notification that it was even a Challenge. Got it after a match at the Mysterious Cove (night time).

GGs Flux. Your Guile adapted really fast against my Chun.

EDIT: Would love some advice. Anything that can make my game better.

DunpealD

lmao. I've tried holding TAP for that long during a match before for fun but I never get the chance to use it. dude must have been salty as fuck.

I had people RQ on me, because they got clocked with a TAP KO.
While haven't got the time to play SFV that much. I've been trying to test out how and when to use the TAP.
If you manage to survive to charge it till the clock says 46 and bait a DP it's pretty much lights out for your opponent, especially when you are fully loaded with V-trigger and Super.

FluxWaveZ

GGs Flux. Your Guile adapted really fast against my Chun.

EDIT: Would love some advice. Anything that can make my game better.

1. When you were at a life deficit with plenty of meter, one of the regular ways you would try to bulldoze yourself to get close to me was to use an EX fireball to nullify whichever fireball I could throw at you. Usually I'd use my own EX or V-Skill fireball to nullify this, bringing the pace to a kind of semi-neutral game.

It's a waste of meter when, as Chun-Li, you're far scarier when you have the super on deck against Guile. This essentially means I can no longer throw fireballs at mid-range, because a simple reaction super will circumvent that.

2. You're free to normal throws. You should learn the jump back OS or something because you were taking way too much damage from throws, which my opponents usually don't. Felt very liberating, because I never felt the need to shimmy or vary up my approach when I got in.

3. I would say you weren't using Chun-Li's reversal enough. Obviously, you can't be predictable with it or use it too much, but it's still one of her best defensive tools.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
tapintopowerchsxq.gif

The feeling of winning with one punch at 1 pixel health, when the opponent thinks "I can take whatever my opponent throws at me". ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 600 damage on Counterhit.

Ouuuch! I've never used Sharefactory. Always just transfer my footage using USB or upload trimmed clips to Youtube (for later downloading and editing). Might have to try it out.

JayEH

Alright now how do I do the "View Demonstration" challenge?

I tried to watch a bunch of them but it never triggered.

i didn't even need to watch it i just clicked on demos.

I had people RQ on me, because they got clocked with a TAP KO.
While haven't got the time to play SFV that much. I've been trying to test out how and when to use the TAP.
If you manage to survive to charge it till the clock says 46 and bait a DP it's pretty much lights out for your opponent, especially when you are fully loaded with V-trigger and Super.

that salt seems delicious. going to have to try that in a battle lounge one of these days.

SephLuis

1. When you were at a life deficit with plenty of meter, one of the regular ways you would try to bulldoze yourself to get close to me was to use an EX fireball to nullify whichever fireball I could throw at you. Usually I'd use my own EX or V-Skill fireball to nullify this, bringing the pace to a kind of semi-neutral game.

It's a waste of meter when, as Chun-Li, you're far scarier when you have the super on deck against Guile. This essentially means I can no longer throw fireballs at mid-range, because a simple reaction super will circumvent that.

2. You're free to normal throws. You should learn the jump back OS or something because you were taking way too much damage from throws, which my opponents usually don't. Felt very liberating, because I never felt the need to shimmy or vary up my approach when I got in.

3. I would say you weren't using Chun-Li's reversal enough. Obviously, you can't be predictable with it or use it too much, but it's still one of her best defensive tools.

Got it. Thanks a lot.

The fireball is useful against a lot of characters, but it was mostly moot against Guile. I need to practice my reactions.

Throws have been an issue of mine, but I am not sure how to tackle it exactly. I am not familiar with the back jump OS though, so I am going to search it.

Lag for this netcode is just fucking unacceptable to me, I hit the uninstall I will come back after Balance update but for now I can't play this game...

Played 5 lag free games of SF4 feels good..

Anyone want to play? I'm lagging with those I'm facing in Casual tonight, so I'm forced to end the set at 1. Frustrating.

I'm not the only one then. I was getting laggy matches and dc'ed in casuals a lot tonight as well even though I remained logged onto the server after the fact. Whenever the second or third round started I would get dc'ed. And it wasn't an RQ because it would happen when I lost or won the first match, didn't matter. I got that at least 5 times tonight from different players. Ever since the new patch the game has been pretty wonky for me.

Kashiwaba

Lag for this netcode is just fucking unacceptable to me, I hit the uninstall I will come back after Balance update but for now I can't play this game...

Played 5 lag free games of SF4 feels good..
Where are you from? SF4 was a last fest for me while on SFV it's like 3 out of 10 matches have lag.

Numb

tapintopowerchsxq.gif

Savage

tapintopowerchsxq.gif

Gotta say, this is the fun part of playing online. Doing stupid shit that would never work in an offline/tournament setting but GODDAMN, it would be so satisfying to actually pull that off.

Mr. X

Did the 10 casual wins challenge. Was messing with Urien stMP and zoning with normals, practicing various AA and abusing knees more.

Stop going into an online matches for wins. You're going to just do whatever to get a win. Establish a purpose for playing that isn't vague like "practice". Are you mashing on wakeup or jumping too often? Actually train yourself to not hit anything after a tech recovery or never jumping and work on your ground game spacing, walk and crouch block.

Like I start consciously focusing on delay throw techs if I'm getting CH too often for teching at wrong times or work on dashing in and out, headbutts, tackles or knees if I feel like I'm getting stuck in spots too often and not walking/covering ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom