• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.. I took the plunge on PC. Is the game supposed to "freeze" a bit on last hit even when not a super/special move?

Also just got a weird memory error, wasn't a crash but after closing the game.

Umm if you mean the final hit of the round/match, yeah does do a little kind of freeze effect.

The memory issue im not sure. Ive gotten it plenty of times but its never had a negative effect on the game.

FluxWaveZ

It's fun how Mika has something nice to say to everyone, even Akuma. She has spunk, but she's also very encouraging.

On the other side is Balrog, who just puts down everyone and threatens them with death.

We need a character who is flippant, mocks everyone and just doesn't care, ala Cody. This is part of why I want to see Ed in S2. He'd be more interesting than Helen at least.

Torry

Neo Member
Thanks again man, was fun playing. Gotta learn her some more. I've got so much work to do with her.

She's alot of work. but man is she enjoyable to play, even more so with the S2 changes.

Here's some small stuff you can try out:

- If you finish any combo with the Light version Raida, you can dash forward once and get a meaty if they quick rise, don't remember exact frame advantage. MK and MP are perfect here.

- If you stun them, this is a nice and damaging combo; J.HP -> Cr.HP -> Release all kunai as a cancel( You charge them just before you jump) -> Ex Raida/super if you have full meter. If you're in the corner, delay the super a little or you will just slide right under them. With V-trigger you can do a lot more fun stuff.

- Frwrd MK, the overhead, gives you +3 frame advantage on-hit if used by itself, but +6 if used in the MP - Frwrd.MK target combo. You saw me doing this alot. It's also just -2 on block.

Just reached super silver for the first time, after picking up Balrog, going almost straight from ultra bronze where I was stuck before. There are still so, so many holes in my game-play that I need to plug, so I don't expect to be able to stay there for long, but I am pretty stoked to have made it there even once.

LowParry

Remembering how to play a shoto character again with basics. Really like playing Akuma and will stick with it. Just need to find some guides, etc. Though watching JWong and Tokido play gives me some ideas.

Edzi

Having kind of a major crisis in this game right now. Having your already low tier character get nerfed is already demotivating as hell, but finding someone new and having to learn everything again from scratch is also pretty daunting.

FluxWaveZ

Five brand new characters:
7FS31Ej.jpg

FluxWaveZ

Ucchedavāda;227225964 said:
Haha, what did you do?

I was getting matched up against another player, but the game just stood still at the VS screen with the globe. Inevitable 40002 happened after nearly a minute, which kicked me back to Training mode with that VS screen.

Err I'm maybe late to the party, but did Capcom remove the badges for honorable palyers and rage quitters and no one told me? I couldn't see any of the icons on anyone's profile when I logged in earlier tonight.

They were visable to me prior to the emergency maintenance.

Err I'm maybe late to the party, but did Capcom remove the badges for honorable palyers and rage quitters and no one told me? I couldn't see any of the icons on anyone's profile when I logged in earlier tonight.

They were visable to me prior to the emergency maintenance.

They went missing sometime yesterday. I still see a badge occasionally, but now most players don't have any badge, including myself.

Momentary

Banned
Just came across a habitual rage quitter named BusterBlade... Aren't these guys supposed to have some sort of icon branding them as such. This dude has plenty of videos out there of his salt.

Edit: just read that they could have possibly disappeared?

FinKL

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";227226636]
My early impressions tier list for season 2:
[/QUOTE]

I'd move Ryu up one, but that's a safe initial tier list.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Damn, Balrog level 4+TAP makes Birdies EX Headrush look like a joke. Fully invincible from Frame 3, plus on block, costs no meter, good lord

Ucchedavāda;227226654 said:
They went missing sometime yesterday. I still see a badge occasionally, but now most players don't have any badge, including myself.

Oh well, December update was partly short lived.

I'm tired of feeling bad/guilty for repeatedly finding fault with this games service.

xptoxyz

Played my first match online, chose high quality settings on connection got matched with an American Ken that teleported more than Dhalsim... what... it wasn't even old style slowdown like SF4 he teleported into having hit me, no rollback or anything :/

If anyone with a decent connection to the EU or close by wants to play some matches against low level skill hit me up

Played my first match online, chose high quality settings on connection got matched with an American Ken that teleported more than Dhalsim... what... it wasn't even old style slowdown like SF4 he teleported into having hit me, no rollback or anything :/

If anyone with a decent connection to the EU or close by wants to play some matches against low level skill hit me up

5bars but still teleporting generally means the other person is on wi-fi (or you are...)

mitchlol

Vsing the same guy 3 sets in a row sucks in ranked... hes guile I'm Gief and hes over 1000points higher than me.... Feels like I'm just getting raped for points against someone who is clearly better than me.

Welcome to SFV.. get used the rollback netcode, it sucks but will happen..just smile and pray they fix this SHIT one day..

Neoxon

Capcom, if you're reading this, please allow us to earn Fight Money by watching & interacting with Capcom Pro Tour events like what you did for the Capcom Cup (even if it's just for the Premier Events). Hell, maybe even do it for your E3 stream.

Also, if Sony isn't holding you guys back from doing this, let PC players in on the action.

Capcom, if you're reading this, please allow us to earn Fight Money by watching & interacting with Capcom Pro Tour events like what you did for the Capcom Cup (even if it's just for the Premier Events).

They did this?

I was at the event, so I didn't hear about this. That sounds pretty cool.

Yeah, they should do that all year.

vg260

Capcom, if you're reading this, please allow us to earn Fight Money by watching & interacting with Capcom Pro Tour events like what you did for the Capcom Cup (even if it's just for the Premier Events). Hell, maybe even do it for your E3 stream.

Also, if Sony isn't holding you guys back from doing this, let PC players in on the action.

Huh, I don't know if I ever got that FM I was supposed to. I did the required stuff. Is it in your message log?

Kashiwaba

I can agree with flux about Rashid i didn't notice any difference with Rashid after S2 update but no meterless wakeup made my life easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom