• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

I can agree with flux about Rashid i didn't notice any difference with Rashid after S2 update but no meterless wakeup made my life easier.

I dabbled briefly with Rashid in S1 and am picking him up more in S2. Doesn't seem terribly different to me either but I do like that H Mixer seems to hit more consistently now. He also got a few new fun combos with the juggle additions. But yeah overall it feels like the biggest change is that everyone is basically living the Rashid life as far as DPs now, which for a guy who plays a pressure game generally that plays in his favor.

RK9039

Here's my Season 2 tier list:

FJERE2F.jpg

yeah this is pretty bang on

i hate nash

but i'll still main him

ed: I went from Super Gold to Silver with him since the update.

panda-office.gif

Also I haven't come across any other Nash players, looks like everyone else ran away.

FluxWaveZ

Birdie is loving life because he got buffs? Do what?
Even the buffs he got have pissed a lot of us off.

That's why he's nearer to the center, but his is also one of the more contentious ones, because it depends on one's playstyle. I play Birdie, and I'm happy with the buffs he got. The nerfs he got are part of the universal poke nerfs that everyone else did.

cr.HP xx chain or cr.HP xx medium Bullhead are great. So is -2 EX Bullhead. So is the slower can. And the positive frames on the st.HP. Etc. He got some great stuff compared to a lot of other characters. st.HK > st.MP, especially.

I'm down to play if anyone wants to invite. Haven't played with you guys in a while, since my ps4 has been stuck using wi-fi. I'm wired now though, so I'm back at it.

CFN HanksB

SmokeMaxX

That's why he's nearer to the center, but his is also one of the more contentious ones, because it depends on one's playstyle. I play Birdie, and I'm happy with the buffs he got. The nerfs he got are part of the universal poke nerfs that everyone else did.

cr.HP xx chain or cr.HP xx medium Bullhead are great. So is -2 EX Bullhead. So is the slower can. And the positive frames on the st.HP. Etc. He got some great stuff compared to a lot of other characters. st.HK > st.MP, especially.
It's not all doom and gloom but he was already bad, so making him roughly the same is a bit ridiculous when better characters like Urien and Cammy get more buffs and less nerfs.
Also vt ex Bullhead is dumb. I'll abuse the hell out of it, but it might be the best reversal in the game. Tbh I didn't want him to gain more derp. I liked having his derp be risky because he had a solid ground game. Now they nerf his medium kicks, nerf his antiair, and gave him a safe ok block godlike armor move. Definitely not the changes I wanted

Celcius

°Temp. member
Cleared survival normal with Akuma on the first try - 12 minutes of spamming mp shoryuken. Now I just need to get 7500 more fm to unlock his stage...

tragic

Developer
Then I'm one of the few that like her incarnation here :p I really didn't feel her in SF4, but that was more due to not feeling the game. Love how they removed the vortex stuff, but I really liked the neckgrab special.

Re: Ibuki

I'm one of the few that absolutely loves this version of her (including the S1 original). I much prefer her to her (imo) boring repetitive SF4 variant. I think she has a lot of fun tools and you can be more creative/expressive with her compared to other chars. While it may not mean she's #1 or anything, she's been the most fun to me across hundreds upon hundreds of hours.

Ok I'm calling it, Nash is dead.

Capcom can be so fucking stupid overlooking the overall balance of SFV. "Let's nerf Alex as he wasen't good to begin with" "Oh Hi there Birdie, let's make your EX Bullhorn Safe on block with Armor and abuse it like an idiot"

GG's rekka. Wasn't expecting Akuma to have such a good fireball game, though I probably wasn't punishing the close range ones properly. I got thrown way too many times too lol.

Sayad

GG's rekka. Wasn't expecting Akuma to have such a good fireball game, though I probably wasn't punishing the close range ones properly. I got thrown way too many times too lol.
Yea, attempting a throw tech against Akumer is a really hard decision to make, shit is scary.

Are Rashids generally loving life from the S2 changes?
His damage is real now and one of the characters that benefit the most from white health recovery change and v-reversals nerf.

The Rashid I know just won the first SFV season 2 regional over here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHQ5Pxh2T5w

Grifter

GGs. I was trying to see what I can pull off mid-match, which clearly wasn't a lot so I kept it super basic lol. Was glad to start incorporating some new v-trigger stuff.

RK9039

Ok I'm calling it, Nash is dead.

Capcom can be so fucking stupid overlooking the overall balance of SFV. "Let's nerf Alex as he wasen't good to begin with" "Oh Hi there Birdie, let's make your EX Bullhorn Safe on block with Armor and abuse it like an idiot"

He died three times now.

No future.

I'm still gonna play the him, he's still the coolest character in the series to me.

Cleared survival normal with Akuma on the first try - 12 minutes of spamming mp shoryuken. Now I just need to get 7500 more fm to unlock his stage...

I just kept doing crossups into full combos, probably a lot faster.

Also, I keep trying to do Urien on Hard/Extreme, but the AI punishes knee towards the later levels now :-(

Sayad

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";227238636]I just kept doing crossups into full combos, probably a lot faster.

Also, I keep trying to do Urien on Hard/Extreme, but the AI punishes knee towards the later levels now :-([/QUOTE]
Lmao if they actually changed this in S2, I did Urien's hard like the last day of S1 just in case the exploit get fixed in S2... Gonna have to give extreme a try!

RK9039

I had this Laura player rq on me earlier in the day, bumped into him just now and I couldn't help but tbag after every knock down.

Rage quitting on Venom Nash, what's wrong with these people? he already had everything taken away from him.

Agreed, don't get why people keep thinking that he's garbage when Ryu players worth their salt can prove that that is not the case.

He might not be overall as strong as he was in Season 1 but looking at Season 2 has a whole, Ryu is still a very solid character.

I don't think I can say this without sounding bitter or like an asshole (because I'm not mad about something that doesn't exist anymore), but I'll say it anyway. Things aren't as easy peezy as they used to be for meterless DP users and shotos in particular. Gone are the days of having to spend no meter to defend yourself against a cautious opponent on wakeup, having critical arts fully stocked for any situation because you never have to spend meter on defense or having moves that completely dominate the air (j.lk and EX tatsu) or travel way too fast on the ground (Ken's run). I can't say with confidence that season is better than 1 yet, but so far Kens haven't been able to EX tatsu in for free, Ryus no longer get big CC combos into CA fireballs for insane damage (because they probably had to blow some meter on an EX reversal at some point) and pretty much everyone who used to have a meterless reversal now has to actually manage their resources like some characters had to do for nearly a year. I'm even punishing Ken V-Skill runs at what feels like 2-3 times the normal rate with CC st.HKs.

It's a good thing.

Sheroking

Gotta say, don't see what Karin players have to be salty about. They nerfed a bunch of inconsequential shit, buffed some stuff too and the changes to other characters help her out. She's probably better relative to the rest of the cast than in Season 1. I don't think she's THE best, but if she wound up being the best, I wouldn't be floored.

I'm pretty happy with her atm. I lose all my points with Akuma and then streak with Karin to get some back.

tragic

Developer
It's a good thing.

Personally speaking, I think it's a bad thing. Then again, I didn't think S1 was a shining example either (only 4 chars with meterless reversals???). I would prefer everyone to have meterless reversals so that offense / lockdown / and setplay aren't the primary thing in the game. It would be nice to have actual options other than "hold that".

DP's were already heavily punishable. They have Crush Counter. You already got wrecked for having your meterless reversal blocked. Now you lose meter AND get CC'ed. It makes no sense. White life nerfed too... what's the end game here? White life nerf should only have happened with EVERYONE getting some meterless reversal. Now you get a huge chunk of white life (which almost never EVER comes back) and you have no way out without meter....

... ok.

It's not an elegant solution. It doesn't even make sense.

Really, though, and just IMO... I think there should be more ways to defend yourself besides MAYBE having a metered reversal (some chars still don't have them... so they didn't really fix anything).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom