• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was trying to find some people to play with and got some 1 bar connections in people which I don't think are far away to qualify for 1 bar (I don't know what that constitutes in ms).

Going to see if port forwarding makes a difference, are the ports in the OP definitely correct? When I was searching for this some internet posts had conflicting port numbers

The ports in the first post are based on a post by Capcom JP, and appear to be outbound ports or a mix of inbound and outbound ports. There should be absolutely NO reason for you to open port 80 (HTTP) or 443 (HTTPS), for example, unless you intend to run a webserver. If you intend to forward those, I would at the very least skip ports 80 and 443.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I would've liked if they went with this one in the final product, the costume could be the same as it is now but the hair without the bun looks better IMO.

g04.jpg

I now kinda want a blanka shoto hybrid character.

Teletraan1

Banned
SF5 on sale for 19.79$ on US PSN.

I am interested but I have a few questions if anyone can help out.

Can you unlock new characters in game or just buy them individually? The DLC is currently more expensive than the game and seems to be on offer in seasons packs full of characters I might not be interested in.

If you can use in game currency how is that currency earned (online matches only?) and how much to unlock characters. Thanks.

Was trying to find some people to play with and got some 1 bar connections in people which I don't think are far away to qualify for 1 bar (I don't know what that constitutes in ms).

Going to see if port forwarding makes a difference, are the ports in the OP definitely correct? When I was searching for this some internet posts had conflicting port numbers

It's from a post by capcom.

I checked the game in resource monitor for you and it shows ports:
443, 20002, 30850, 30870 getting constant calls when spectating a battle lounge match.
Additionally, it shows port 80 getting calls when in the menus.

JayEH

Can you unlock new characters in game or just buy them individually? The DLC is currently more expensive than the game and seems to be on offer in seasons packs full of characters I might not be interested in.

If you can use in game currency how is that currency earned (online matches only?) and how much to unlock characters. Thanks.

There are three ways to buy the characters: Fight money (100k per character), real money individually ($6 per character), or the character passes ($20 for s1, $30 for s2).

You earn Fight money by completing survival mode, doing the story mode, completing trials, doing the weekly challenges, winning online matches, etc. There is a guide in the OP on how to earn the most fight money. You can easily earn a few characters following the guide.

Check the OP, it's got answers to all your questions :)

Teletraan1

Banned
Check the OP, it's got answers to all your questions :)

There are three ways to buy the characters: Fight money (100k per character), real money individually ($6 per character), or the character passes ($20 for s1, $30 for s2).

You earn Fight money by completing survival mode, doing the story mode, completing trials, doing the weekly challenges, winning online matches, etc. There is a guide in the OP on how to earn the most fight money. You can easily earn a few characters following the guide.

Thanks. I was actually checking the OP after I posted that. All my questions are answered. Bought.

New002

Anyone know what's the most reliable place to get up to date S2 frame data? On Android btw if it turns out it's an app. Thanks :)

SephLuis

There was a design concept for Akuma where he’d fight with a baby strapped to his back. His V-Trigger would put the baby to sleep, allowing him to unleash his true power.

9ypuvM0.jpg

Honestly, this is amazing. Seeing Akuma taking care of a child to be his successor would be the start of a possibly great story.

SephLuis

It sounds fun, but then we already have a similar kind of story with Balrog and Ed.

I think it could still be it's own thing since the kid would be much younger than Ed.

I guess by the time he would hit adulthood, Ryu would have his own pupil and be a master. It could bring something new between the conflict of Ryu style of Hado and the original assassin style.

Yup. Without the safety of the neutral jump/back jump fireballs, Akuma really can't zone out Gief especially with those stubby normals of his.

Akuma can't approach Gief from the air at all, actually. Lariat beats all of his aerial options clean, including air fireball since Lariat is projectile-invincible.

Akuma can't approach Gief from the air at all, actually. Lariat beats all of his aerial options clean, including air fireball since Lariat is projectile-invincible.
Yeah, I meant using the neutral jump or backwards jump fireball to at least cause Zangief to stop for a second and block and not keep pushing forward. But like I said, he doesn't even have that option (without V-Trigger and if he's in V-Trigger, he's close to death probably)

JayEH

I think it could still be it's own thing since the kid would be much younger than Ed.

I guess by the time he would hit adulthood, Ryu would have his own pupil and be a master. It could bring something new between the conflict of Ryu style of Hado and the original assassin style.

Too bad we'll never get a Tekken 3 style time skip for the series. SFIII killed that possibility.

stn

I think the Akuma-'Gief match is 5-5. You have some decent zoning options as Akuma if you can play an absolutely perfect shoto game for a full round, which is generally impossible in this game given the movement options and lesser block stun on fireballs. But yeah, 'Gief can really wreck you once he gets in - and he WILL get in at some point. You have to play really conservatively and initiate offense carefully. Winnable match but can be lost in a split-second.

I think the Akuma-'Gief match is 5-5. You have some decent zoning options as Akuma if you can play an absolutely perfect shoto game for a full round, which is generally impossible in this game given the movement options and lesser block stun on fireballs. But yeah, 'Gief can really wreck you once he gets in - and he WILL get in at some point. You have to play really conservatively and initiate offense carefully. Winnable match but can be lost in a split-second.

Having to "play perfect" kind of implies that the matchup isn't even.

SephLuis

I'm willing to bet SFVI takes place before III and after V. Wouldn't a post SFIII world be without Ken, Ryu, and Chun? Aren't they old as hell? lol

By the time SF VI hits, I really hope they rewrite a lot of the story.

Comics have been great on this aspect, but the games haven't.

ElFly

6-4 feels alright atm for the matchup. Still doable, mind

I think it is 7-3. Akuma not being able to use almost all his air options is too much. also land fireballs are p ass against Zangief. Plus the fact gief hits like a freight train. Yeah, Akuma hits hard too, but there's almost 200hp of difference

honest think Akuma would need jump back fireballs for this to be 6-4 or better. of course we are a week into Akuma and new tech may be discovered, but on paper this is, very best case, and me overrating the lariat tool, 6-4

By the time SF VI hits, I really hope they rewrite a lot of the story.

Comics have been great on this aspect, but the games haven't.

imho if we get a second campaign in 2017 and 2018 (big if) they could easily rewrite III out of the story (or absorb it into V)

Neoxon

Too bad we'll never get a Tekken 3 style time skip for the series. SFIII killed that possibility.
The point of SFV's story was to kind of pave the way for a post-SFIII story to take place (hell, they could very well retell the events of SFIII in SFV). You can have SFVI be after SFIII, but at the same time be not that long after SFIII for the sake of not being forced to retire Ryu, Ken, & Chun-Li due to their age.

Ryce

So is Azam basically confirmed as part of the S2 characters? He's showing up next to Rashid in one of the main menu images.
Nah, probably not. That's just his story mode model. Capcom can be dumb sometimes, but they wouldn't blatantly spoil a character like that.

Hyun Sai

The point of SFV's story was to kind of pave the way for a post-SFIII story to take place (hell, they could very well retell the events of SFIII in SFV). You can have SFVI be after SFIII, but at the same time be not that long after SFIII for the sake of not being forced to retire Ryu, Ken, & Chun-Li due to their age.

It's not like they retired Heihachi...

Gen, Gouken and especially Oro are all old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom