• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kashiwaba

Hsien Chang (CFN Skillsmith), Aiai (CFN aiaitomo), and GentlemanThief are some good players. Unfortunately you're not gonna be able to find too much tournament footage of Juri so just check out the online replays.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarLonLonMilk

This guy has some good stuff. We gotta put into some work so that Juri isn't in the lowest tier.....again.
Thank you, so far my first day with juri was a disaster lol only won one game out of 30+.

HardRojo

Man what to do :( The Nash nerfs have really soured me on the game, it's hard to go with another character but I feel like Nash is helpless now, the change to his cross-up MK hurts a lot.

We should really start compiling tips on how to beat Urien players.

Don't let him meme you.
Don't put yourself in a corner.
If he EX Headbutts, hit him.
Some characters can V-reversal out of his AR setups.

Man what to do :( The Nash nerfs have really soured me on the game, it's hard to go with another character but I feel like Nash is helpless now, the change to his cross-up MK hurts a lot.

Honestly, I think people who play Nash should take a break and find a new character until the season starts up. Let people figure Nash out and see if he has anything worthwhile in his tool kit when matched up to everyone else. Gotta let that meta breathe.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Finally hit 100 hours played in SFV.
Here's to another 100 in 2017!

200_s.gif

mbpm1

Akuma's jab is alright. He also has like thirty alternative better anti-airs though.

I still spam it for weird crossups though

Ucchedavāda;227276574 said:
The Seasons pass gives you the 6 characters for 2016 (everyone except Akuma at this point), their Battle Costumes, and all the colors for their Battle Costumes, but nothing else.

If you want the story mode costumes, for either vanilla or 2016 characters, then you have to purchase these using Fight Money after playing the character stories. For colors, you can either play Survival mode to unlock colors for a single costume (not recommended!), or you can buy a pack for FM that unlocks colors 1 to 10 for all standard costumes or for the story mode costumes. There are, if I recall correctly, packs for the vanilla characters and for the 2016 characters.

I just assumed with the purchase of the season pass, I wouldn't have to deal with FM at all.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Man when you lose a couple sets that you really feel that you should have won(regardless of how true that is) and you're so fucking eager to take out the anger on the next guy and it turns out to be SmurfyD, you might just want to smash something.

Hint: SmurfyD is a guy I run into a lot in Casual who is just farming XP.

hertog

Love Birdie's s2 energy drink v-skill.
You can just walk after it charging bullhorn and look for other players to react or even better put themselves in the corner in fear of the mighty can.

laaame

I just assumed with the purchase of the season pass, I wouldn't have to deal with FM at all.
Thanks for clearing that up.

You could play the characters stories and easy survival mode and get over 200K fight money easy. It should't take more than 2 hours max. With that you could easily buy the color packs and a few costumes or stages.

Ucchedavāda;227291960 said:
Huh. Isn't that fireball a multihit move? How many hits of fireball does the EX chains block?
It is a multi hit move.

From my experience, I believe that the EX chain cancels a single hit of a fireball and keeps moving forward. If the fireball is a single hit, then I'm good. However, if the fireball is multi hit, then it turns into a race between the chain and the fireball, and who ever gets to their opponent first wins.

So if I had timed it incorrectly and the projectile hit me before the chain reached juri, then I would've gotten hit by the CA.

How would you guys feel about another balance patch a few weeks to a month before the CPT starts up?

I ask because of this e-hub article.

I personally disagree with it, I think it would be interesting if Capcom did two balance patches a year, one right after EVO and one after CapCup.

There hasn't even been a major yet. No one even knows who is actually good or not. Remember when everyone thought Sim was Top 3, Bison was Top 5, and Birdie was really good? That was the first like 3 months of the game. Patch hasn't been out for 2 weeks and people are already buggin.

Moaradin

Yeah it's way too early to talk about balance. The last thing they should do is respond to knee jerk reactions.

Let the game settle for a bit first.

I am not going to argue that the game currently needs a balance patch, but I think that using the down-time between Pro Tours to fine-tune the game balance is perfectly reasonable. The S2 changes were quite extensive, so broken stuff may well pop up before then. But overall I am pretty happy that Capcom is willing to not constantly stir the pot.

kirblar

Ucchedavāda;227292732 said:
I am not going to argue that the game currently needs a balance patch, but I think that using the down-time between Pro Tours to fine-tune the game balance is perfectly reasonable. The S2 changes were quite extensive, so broken stuff may well pop up before then. But overall I am pretty happy that Capcom is willing to not constantly stir the pot.
The big thing with this one is that there's stuff here that's obviously an issue like the grey life change being too much. This isn't asking for a knee-jerk patch, there's stuff here that's going to be bad if players have to live a whole year with it.

leroidys

There hasn't even been a major yet. No one even knows who is actually good or not. Remember when everyone thought Sim was Top 3, Bison was Top 5, and Birdie was really good? That was the first like 3 months of the game. Patch hasn't been out for 2 weeks and people are already buggin.
To play devils advocate for a second, people understand the game much better now than at launch.

The big thing with this one is that there's stuff here that's obviously an issue like the grey life change being too much. This isn't asking for a knee-jerk patch, there's stuff here that's going to be bad if players have to live a whole year with it.

Can you expand on that? I've heard that Zangief suffers from the change to gray life, due to his reliance on his V-Skill, but how it is an issue in general?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even accept the grey life complaints. It's a pretty interesting change. Yeah it sucks for Zangief and it took one thing from FANG and gave it to everyone, but it's a new little meta. I want to see playstyles built around it.

If anything, the gray life change counters most of the "V-reversals give no oki" complaints. Yes, they push further away on hit, but that gray life is even more of a factor now.

It's also a nerf in some respects to armored moves.

Sayad

Yeah it's way too early to talk about balance. The last thing they should do is respond to knee jerk reactions.

Let the game settle for a bit first.
It is, but I always though there will be another smaller balance patch before the season start, even before this patch launched. Less so for balance changes and more for bugs and system tweaks.

Charge moves new buffer is too much, just goes against the game's simpler inputs approach, been missing charge moves inputs more so than in any other fighting game I've played, pretty sure not even ST is this strict with charge moves inputs! Buffered charges are almost impossible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom