• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Femto.

UltraDavid saying he got banned for a day for ragequitting, due to server issues

gg

The netcode for this game is all over the place, I hear stories like these but I have yet to experience anything like it.

How can people have such opposite experiences?

I've been starting to turn around on this game and I like it for what it is now. I just wish they'd fix survival. Fighting 80-90 dudes just to end up getting crushed by a God mode cpu is so disheartening. As far as I'm concerned survival should just be 10-20 matches with an actual difficulty curve. That way if you lose at round 10 it was what? 5 minutes of effort? That's so much easier to deal with than 30-40 minutes just flushed down the drain.

Momentary

Banned
I have bad experiences. But not with disconnection. It's usually people teleporting all over the place. Sometimes I wonder if I'm having a great connection and the other person is seeing me teleport all over the place.

It happens against PC and PS players. I have a 350mbps connection and hardlined and live in SoCal. I doubt it's an issue with me.

Overall it's a fairly good experience 80% of the time.

ElFly

The netcode for this game is all over the place, I hear stories like these but I have yet to experience anything like it.

really bad luck?

a naive implementation would be, whoever disconnects at the end of the match is rage quitting, if his opponent is still connected to the server and also lost the connection to the potential ragequitter

so there is a server which lost connections with just UDavid but not his opponent and thus he is fucked

not sure what the right implementation is tho

I have had tons of instances these last few days where I cannot send data to the server. hilariously yesterday I beat a gold guy (I had been kicked back to Silver so this was hella LPoints for me) and then the server could not receive my data. then he beat me back and of course the server received that data clear as fuck. It's been so much that I am surprised I haven't been hit with the online ban, but I guess my opponent must have had the same problem. prolly the implementation is more robust than my 'naive' version, but that may lead to obscure corner cases and false positives.

My experience is facingplayers who takes casual seriously. Faced a Diamond M.Bison who played like he just picked up the game but with him lagging all over the place. Had no start up and recovery on his St.MP

I have bad experiences. But not with disconnection. It's usually people teleporting all over the place. Sometimes I wonder if I'm having a great connection and the other person is seeing me teleport all over the place.

It happens against PC and PS players. I have a 350mbps connection and hardlined and live in SoCal. I doubt it's an issue with me.

Overall it's a fairly good experience 80% of the time.

it's not so much your connection speed, pack loss is far more important, also how you are being routed could severely impact latency; I can play just fine with a friend of mine in new england because the internet exchange point from amsterdam provides a near direct connection.

Part of it appears to be that SFV interacts poorly with some routers and apparently also with IPv6 connections. SFIV had similar problems, where I remember that some particular brand popular in Australia would cause a constant drip of players on the Steam forum who could never find a match, for example.

But personally, I've been pretty lucky with both SFIV and SFV, with only a couple of terrible connections out of the last 150, and only about 10 with rollback that I could notice.

Femto.

really bad luck?

a naive implementation would be, whoever disconnects at the end of the match is rage quitting, if his opponent is still connected to the server and also lost the connection to the potential ragequitter

so there is a server which lost connections with just UDavid but not his opponent and thus he is fucked

not sure what the right implementation is tho

I have had tons of instances these last few days where I cannot send data to the server. hilariously yesterday I beat a gold guy (I had been kicked back to Silver so this was hella LPoints for me) and then the server could not receive my data. then he beat me back and of course the server received that data clear as fuck. It's been so much that I am surprised I haven't been hit with the online ban, but I guess my opponent must have had the same problem. prolly the implementation is more robust than my 'naive' version, but that may lead to obscure corner cases and false positives.
I've had issues with games not being able to connect to the servers, which denied me from ranking up twice lol

Hopefully Capcom has another fix on the way than the hot fix they had last week.

Ucchedavāda;227271610 said:
But personally, I've been pretty lucky with both SFIV and SFV, with only a couple of terrible connections out of the last 150, and only about 10 with rollback that I could notice.

This seems to be the norm for me as well.

MindofKB

Has anyone else been getting matched up against the same person repeatedly lately?

On Thursday, I played the same person 5 times in a row and on Friday I got the same person 3 times in a row.

I haven't played since then out of frustration. Granted, each time the person was within reasonable LP range of me (+/-1000), but it still gets boring playing against the same Ken for 5 sets.

Farewell

Are there server problems right now? Lost my badge even if i had matches with no dc's at all.

Must say i really like the new birdie, so much fun!

Try the local sewer.
image.php

Are there server problems right now? Lost my badge even if i had matches with no dc's at all.

Must say i really like the new birdie, so much fun!

Everyone lost their badges about a day and a half , at least where I am sitting. However, I've only played lobbies today, so I don't know if that changed today.

Farewell

Ucchedavāda;227275144 said:
Everyone lost their badges about a day and a half , at least where I am sitting. However, I've only played lobbies today, so I don't know if that changed today.

Ah i see, didn't play yesterday at all, thanks

Perhaps someone can clarify this for me.
I bought the base game yesterday and played a bit of the story missions for a few characters.
Enjoyed it for the most part and everything seemed to work just fine so then I purchased the season pass (today) and every fighter since then I've been able to unlock story and all color outfits in one go.
However the character stories I cleared yesterday are not showing story or color outfits past 1-2 even after clearing it again.
Is there something I should be doing after picking up the season pass so it can refresh and update the rest of the cast of characters?

Perhaps someone can clarify this for me.
I bought the base game yesterday and played a bit of the story missions for a few characters.
Enjoyed it for the most part and everything seemed to work just fine so then I purchased the season pass (today) and every fighter since then I've been able to unlock story and all color outfits in one go.
However the character stories I cleared yesterday are not showing story or color outfits past 1-2 even after clearing it again.
Is there something I should be doing after picking up the season pass so it can refresh and update the rest of the cast of characters?

The Seasons pass gives you the 6 characters for 2016 (everyone except Akuma at this point), their Battle Costumes, and all the colors for their Battle Costumes, but nothing else.

If you want the story mode costumes, for either vanilla or 2016 characters, then you have to purchase these using Fight Money after playing the character stories. For colors, you can either play Survival mode to unlock colors for a single costume (not recommended!), or you can buy a pack for FM that unlocks colors 1 to 10 for all standard costumes or for the story mode costumes. There are, if I recall correctly, packs for the vanilla characters and for the 2016 characters.

mitchlol

As a Gief main I think the Akuma match up is either even or slightly in favour of Gief. My friend who played Akuma thinks it's a really fun match up because Akuma has low hp and he describes it as walking a tight rope. I think this match up is closer to even because well spaced fireballs can still hurt Gief and he can be kinda zoned. However you need to be more on point than with say Ryu/Ken because the recovery is longer. Gief is still subject to eating ambiguous mix ups and I think when more Akuma tech comes out everyone will see it is a 5-5 match up.

Ok this is a really stupid question - when it's your turn to fight in a battle lounge how do you start? I waited for my turn and then thought I would just push X or whatever to signal I was ready, but that didn't seem to work. Tried start also. I got timed out and kicked to the bottom of the line.

Dahbomb

Ok this is a really stupid question - when it's your turn to fight in a battle lounge how do you start? I waited for my turn and then thought I would just push X or whatever to signal I was ready, but that didn't seem to work. Tried start also. I got timed out and kicked to the bottom of the line.
You press the Options button.

mitchlol

On the PS4 controller I press 'Options' which is the equivalent to 'start'

HardRojo

Ah man, need to find another character. It's hard to leave Nash but I'm getting stomped by most people now, I don't feel confident at all with my character. Akuma wrecks my shit.

I underestimated just how fucking good Akuma's air fireballs are. Especially in V-Trigger. No longer wasting my v-gauge on regular fireballs now, unless it will will

mitchlol

Jeez what a slog.... I finally hit level 50 with Gief highest rank I've been able to get is Ultra Gold and I can finally get old man gief colour. Now I think it's time to pick up a new character. I'm thinking Guile. He gave me problems as a gief main.

It's not a stupid question - the visual indicator for being ready is really unclear.

Csr

As a Gief main I think the Akuma match up is either even or slightly in favour of Gief. My friend who played Akuma thinks it's a really fun match up because Akuma has low hp and he describes it as walking a tight rope. I think this match up is closer to even because well spaced fireballs can still hurt Gief and he can be kinda zoned. However you need to be more on point than with say Ryu/Ken because the recovery is longer. Gief is still subject to eating ambiguous mix ups and I think when more Akuma tech comes out everyone will see it is a 5-5 match up.

Did your friend punish ground fireballs with lariat? I thought that move punished them from pretty far away.
I played only a few matches but that seemed to be the biggest reason why the match up is bad for akuma. Still very early obviously.

mbpm1

yeah Akuma can't zone too well against the new lariat. he loses the button war with gief's much better normals and health

mitchlol

Did your friend punish ground fireballs with lariat? I thought that move punished them from pretty far away.
I played only a few matches but that seemed to be the biggest reason why the match up is bad for akuma. Still very early obviously.

I was Gief and yeah I could punish the ground fireballs with lariat but only from a range where it wouldn't be wise to throw a fireball. Akuma still has that shadow teleport thing to help him get out of danger and if I want to punish I need to make the read to dash in for it. Akuma is kinda stubby thats what I think hurts him most in the match up.

Also maybe it's not the worst thing in the world for Zangief to have a favourable match up... he spent all of Season 1 basically either 6-4 or at best 5-5 so Gief mains had to work like god damn machines to earn the W. We are more resilient than some other players. Now we can harvest the fruits of our labour ^_^

JayEH

Per Ayano, something's planned for the 30th Anniversary of SF (8/30/17). https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...capcom-infinite-set-release-latter-half-2017/ (EHubs translating 4Gamer)

Given the timing, I'd have to think that whatever it is will be announced and released shortly after EVO. Probably what they're holding the Bison stage for.

Nah, I bet that's coming sooner since a new stage is money for them.

I don't know what we are getting, to be honest. That's too far away though : /

Csr

I was Gief and yeah I could punish the ground fireballs with lariat but only from a range where it wouldn't be wise to throw a fireball. Akuma still has that shadow teleport thing to help him get out of danger and if I want to punish I need to make the read to dash in for it. Akuma is kinda stubby thats what I think hurts him most in the match up.

Sry too tired to even read properly.

The stubby normals definitely hurt a lot this version of akuma in every match up, other characters can't punish the fireball like that though which makes the problem of playing neutral against gief even bigger.
The problem with the teleport is that gief can throw you and being a grappler means he will use it a lot and it does a lot of dmg to akuma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom