• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

I hope the announcement is PS4 Pro support. Fix those shadows and give us better AA and motion blur option (fuck you I like it on PC).

I had a real bad night last night. Lost over 1k points in one session. I'm pretty shaken by it, actually. :(

I had that night a couple weeks ago, but worse. Lost over 2K points in the course that night and proceeding night. I was beyond tired and my controller had just broke just before this started. I had just gotten Platinum too, only to go all the way back to fucking Gold in the course of a weekend.

I know the feeling...you probably should have stopped at losing 400-500lp because after that point you’re likely just playing to win back points and fighting on tilt, meaning your play will be subpar at best.

Hopefully Capcom makes an option to where LP can be completed erased from the title screen, in between rounds and of course during matches (this is available now)

But yeah, you’ll bounce back and have a great day. All you have to do is beat two sets in a row with someone stronger than you.

Whaam!

Instant 400LP

OH it is?! May have to use that and I agree, sometimes I'd rather not see the rank and status of the other person, cuz I let that get in my head sometimes. Ioenno why either, considering that I've hung with and beaten cats that were waay higher than me rank wise ages ago.

Gren

OH it is?! May have to use that and I agree, sometimes I'd rather not see the rank and status of the other person, cuz I let that get in my head sometimes. Ioenno why either, considering that I've hung with and beaten cats that were waay higher than me rank wise ages ago.
It's a mod on PC (at least I think tht's what they were referring to). I think it's called no-anxiety mod or something.

Am I the only one not keen on character guest appearances? I'd go as far as to say I find them a bit tacky. I could better understand characters from Capcom's own fighting franchises however.

I'm not a fan from a preservation standpoint because it makes things complicated for subsequent re-releases (see SC2HD)

Scotia

Banned
Am I the only one not keen on character guest appearances? I'd go as far as to say I find them a bit tacky. I could better understand characters from Capcom's own fighting franchises however.

No, I hate them. To be honest, having guest characters in FGs slightly devalues the game for me.

Blueblur1

maybe they're gonna do FF15 themes costumes

Who knows. This does exist after all:

FFXIV-and-PSO2-508x286.jpg

Gren

Wait, which one? Do you mean a reincarnation of one? That could still be Urien
Yeah, reincarnations of Deus and Olga.

EDIT: It'd be a minblowing tie-in if that were the case, but I figure if they wanted to portray Urien, they'd make him look just like Urien (see: Chun).

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, reincarnations of Deus and Olga.

EDIT: It'd be a minblowing tie-in if that were the case, but I figure if they wanted to portray Urien, they'd make him look just like Urien (see: Chun).
Olga sounds pretty Russian, like Helen...aka Kolin.

And I actually think he looks a lot like Urien. The suit, the skincolor, the hair, the sideburns and of course, being a CEO.

Love this theory...bring in the deities!

Ya, theyre pretty fun to pull off. More fun than Karin, at least.

Just gotta get that Instant air move down...

I finally got the cr.LP -> st.MP -> cr.MK -> MK SBK down after so many months lol

and fam you wanted Karin in this game so bad and now you're dropping her for a higher tier, onemic pls

Onemic

I finally got the cr.LP -> st.MP -> cr.MK -> MK SBK down after so many months lol

and fam you wanted Karin in this game so bad and now you're dropping her for a higher tier, onemic pls

Karin is already pretty high on the tier list. I just like playing Chun more and with the amount of time Im gonna need to lab with her before shes even usable, she'll probably already be nerfed.

cr.LP -> st.MP -> cr.MK -> MK SBK is actually pretty easy to me after a few hours of practice. I dunno how long it'll take to get it 100% consistent, but I dont think it'll be much.

Her IA legs is a different story tho.

Onemic is addicted to rekkas

I need access to Rekkas 100% of the time.

Karin is already pretty high on the tier list. I just like playing Chun more and with the amount of time Im gonna need to lab with her before shes even usable, she'll probably already be nerfed.

cr.LP -> st.MP -> cr.MK -> MK SBK is actually pretty easy to me after a few hours of practice. I dunno how long it'll take to get it 100% consistent, but I dont think it'll be much.

Her IA legs is a different story tho.

I think my issue with it was how early to link the cr.LP -> st.MP. It pretty much links like a target combo lol.

IA legs takes time but it eventually becomes really easy. Neutral jump IA legs is a bit different

Time for some self improvement, people. Pick a thing you suck at and work on it. Share your training method.

I found myself mashing combos way too much when the timing is more important, so I went through some other character's trials besides Nash and Urien and started piling through. I'm able to get through 6 on most of them, and this is on the stick, which I've had trouble on.

Then, I take myself into training mode and just practice and churn out those combos at least three times over. If I mess up, I move to a different one. This is actually helping me quite, personally, but I don't know how well that'd work for anyone else.

Producer

The amount of time it will take to get that down....

Not really sure how to give advice other than neutral jump and hit qcf medium legs immediately lol. It has to be at lowest height possible or else its garbage.

Lol and then like Count said next thing you gotta learn is instant stomp canceled into light air legs.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
If we're sharing improvement stories: Since the NA qualifier and seeing Punk do it with Karin, I've been trying to use standing jab against jumps and cross-ups and then dash up or under. It's been really really hard to be honest. I've eaten so many cross-ups because of it and looked like a scrub. Just got to learn when to use it and when not and that takes time.

I started in training mode by just having the dummy neutral jump and get the inputs down 100%. I noticed my dashing isn't actually great since I do it on the analogue stick of the DS4. It's not a problem in neutral, but in this situation it has to be perfect and I've since gotten better at it. Timing the next attack meaty isn't easy either, but really key to abusing this. That's what I'm still trying.

Oh and this, but it's actually not that hard, I just didn't know it's optimal: https://twitter.com/jav1ts/status/796758990290042882

Splashed out for the CPT package and Season Pass. It's worth it, now....months after launch.
Bish!! Welcome man...I agree its worth it now, and hopefully season two won’t disappoint and increase the value substantially. We still don’t know what Extra battle mode is, but I’m hoping for a World Tour like mode in 2017 along with characters and stages of course.

Let us know your main and be sure to get some sets in with the gaffers here. Some really nice players in the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom