• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

Capcom wants you to feel what the character has been through.

Nash has had a hard life , from being godlk in Alpha 2 (S1) then being betrayed by his comrades(Capcom) who killed him. Now you must fight the battle (Online matches ) knowing fully well you are going to die ( lose) anyway.

You know, it's kind of fitting considering he didn't do anything in Story mode.

Bizazedo

Bison players, I'm watching this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c2uIN76cTM

At around 1 minute, Bison does Devil's Reverse in V-Trigger and it overshoots its target. This always happens to me, and I've never figured out how to fix that. Anyone know how?

Almost looks like he was steering it to the right. I'm in training mode right now, lemme try it.

Looks like two things. One, Galtu was steering -->, and two, when in the corner, there's not a lot of room for the game to put Bison I guess, so you can overshoot. It didn't help that Daigo was moving to the left so that made it even easier for Bison to miss.

mbpm1

I actually don't really understand why they slowed down so many mediums. I guess they wanted them to be easier to whiff punish, but I just find them getting stuffed more. Also, it's not exactly easier to whiff punish a slowly recovering medium poke if your own medium is slow as shit now.

just be cammy with her mediums

https://twitter.com/TheAlexValle/status/814216751244144640

People grinding top tiers.

Can't wait for Akuma players to meet Gief players.

I actually don't really understand why they slowed down so many mediums. I guess they wanted them to be easier to whiff punish, but I just find them getting stuffed more. Also, it's not exactly easier to whiff punish a slowly recovering medium poke if your own medium is slow as shit now.

You have light and heavies though...

Onemic

There's no variety in online casual/ranked atm. It's literally been 90% Akuma, Urien, Balrog, and Cammy for me since S2 dropped.

FinKL

https://twitter.com/TheAlexValle/status/814216751244144640

People grinding top tiers.

Can't wait for Akuma players to meet Gief players.

You have light and heavies though...

Better drop Juri for Guile now! Ironically, I feel in my head Juri has a slight advantage vs Guile as she can VSkill through Booms once she charges it. It seems like people don't have an answer for Booms as people jump late, or eat a slow boom and eat frame disadvantage.

I see 99% Akuma in Casual

RK9039

There's no variety in online casual/ranked atm. It's literally been 90% Akuma, Urien, Balrog, and Cammy for me since S2 dropped.

Yup been getting the same non-stop. The last Nash player I faced was on the 16th lmao, I usually play every night.

FluxWaveZ

I've been facing a good variety of opponents in Ranked, same as during Season 1.

The character I face the least is Mika, but that was the same back in Season 1, too. I'm sure, like always, the characters you face will significantly vary based on which league you're in.

cordy

Banned
Shoutout to Akuma.

For the first time since the initial 2 months of the game, he's actually caused me to get back into it. Used the FM I had to purchase him and considering he's so fun to use I actually spent money on his Nostalgia costume so I've been rocking that in every single match. I'm actually interested in learning how to play him as well as I can unlike previously when I was playing Ken and Ryu, although they're fun he's more fun to me. There's a great amount of characters I love playing but I always go back to the Shotos at the end of the day considering my history.

Im probably the last Nash player online a long with Yukadon. I tried going back to Cammy but now she has a tougher time dealing with fireballs. I might go with Necalli if nothing much changed.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
jab AA's can still beat crossups, wow.
C0yij8aXUAAxQBo.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/SRKRanking/status/814204377670029312

HardRojo

LMAO I'm so afraid of pressing buttons with Nash now that my fingers froze for a second when I had to punish Laura's EX shoulder... I only needed cr.LP into light scythe to win the match. Ended up losing.

Producer

Im probably the last Nash player online a long with Yukadon. I tried going back to Cammy but now she has a tougher time dealing with fireballs. I might go with Necalli if nothing much changed.

Dont tell me you were able to consistenly dp through fireballs with cammy. She still has ex drill to deal with them.

Bob White

Yup...with the random laura or bison mixed in. Loooots of cammy. Which sucks because its such a shitty mirror match to fight in

So vega has a loop after his roll now? It basically feels like a comboed command grab after a light roll combo hits.

I thought 50/50's weren't the focus Cap? Mind games and neutral buffs please...not this mixup stuff man

Neoxon

I miss being one of the few Urien mains online, now they're everywhere.

Also, you forgot to mention Laura.

HardRojo

Figures if I'm gonna lose matches with Nash might as well just pick another character and start from scratch even if I lose all my LP in the process, that way at least I'll get familiar with a decent character. Still can't pick one though, but will alternate between Urien, Guile and possibly Alex.

So vega has a loop after his roll now? It basically feels like a comboed command grab after a light roll combo hits.

I thought 50/50's weren't the focus Cap? Mind games and neutral buffs please...not this mixup stuff man

Are you sure you didn't just avoid using options that would have taken you out of that situation?

sixghost

I have a question for any of the Ibuki players here. Can anyone explain the benefits of the bomb mixup that Sako does in the video below? It seems really hard to do, and uses meter unlike some of the other 50/50 resets she has. Is it more difficult to block, or does it give him more options compared to the others? It doesn't seem to do that much damage either.

https://youtu.be/XFnV4CchdLY?t=39s

Demoli

So i am getting massive slowdown every other set in sf5 for no aparent reason.

My pc can easily handle sf at max settings, my connection is good, and yet the gamme just slows down to a crawl every 5 minutes.

Is there any sollution to this?

For reference my card is a gtx 1060 and my cpu is a i7 6700 3.4 GHz, 16GB ram

Village

I would love an "inner conflict" double voice theme for him.

Its something borderlands 2 dabbled with the psycho class krieg has that , it isn't there as often as it should be. But its the most interesting part of the dialogue, because the inner normal krieg detests what he has become and wants to communicate with the larger world and cannot.
Something like that for necalli would actually make sense, and would provide an extra more interesting commentary for the people he fights.

MrCarter

Shoutout to Akuma.

For the first time since the initial 2 months of the game, he's actually caused me to get back into it. Used the FM I had to purchase him and considering he's so fun to use I actually spent money on his Nostalgia costume so I've been rocking that in every single match. I'm actually interested in learning how to play him as well as I can unlike previously when I was playing Ken and Ryu, although they're fun he's more fun to me. There's a great amount of characters I love playing but I always go back to the Shotos at the end of the day considering my history.

See, without the FM model you wouldn't have been able to get him for free now would you? lol only kidding. Nice to see you enjoying Akuma, I've got a little more FM to get before I board on this Messatsu train. Very interested in learning this character, even morseo than the rest of the cast.

HardRojo

Do we have frame data for Season 2? I want to check Guile's as I'm not sure when I'm supposed to be plus and I definitely need to check out some data for matchups I'm having trouble with (pretty much the new top tiers as I have no experience using Guile other than the matches I'm losing today).

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I never saw that many Urien mirrors and I still don't. Think I've played 1 other Urien in S2 so far.
I have a hunch the game might not let you play too many mirror matches. Like it's part of the match-making.

I miss being one of the few Urien mains online, now they're everywhere.

Also, you forgot to mention Laura.
He was the most popular DLC character.

FluxWaveZ

I have a hunch the game might not let you play too many mirror matches. Like it's part of the match-making.

I feel like there might be some truth to this. I would barely face Mikas in S1 when I played as her in Ranked, but I'd start seeing them more often as soon as I switched characters.

Edzi

He was the most popular DLC character.

I feel like there might be some truth to this. I would barely face Mikas in S1 when I played as her in Ranked, but I'd start seeing them more often as soon as I switched characters.

Hm, I'm not too sure about this. I've actually fought my fair share of Alex's online, and I can't imagine there are too many of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom