• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol how many times do you have to guess there? Now imagine being Nash, not having an invincble reversal to at least pose "a threat" to the whole mixup sequence...

I meant it exactly in the way the clip above makes it look, it's one thing after another, like vortexes back in SF4. I haven't watched much of 3S Makoto to tell if if she was like that there too, but I do have seen some crazy play from her.

He should have just v-reversal'd. Then he wouldn't have to guess.

Laura is a great character design wise. Hot AF. Juri was a visual disappointment for me. I hate what Capcom did to her default costume and her other two outfits are plain bland. She has some good mods though.
Lauras fight style reminds me of Abel. dash > poke or throw. I hate being on the receiving end of those guessing games.

Now that my job is finally back to normal, I can finally play this game again. I'm gonna have a lot of reading to do.

Before I get to it though, what did they change about the charge times for the charge characters? Because that's the first thing I read when I started browsing the last few pages.

Now that my job is finally back to normal, I can finally play this game again. I'm gonna have a lot of reading to do.

Before I get to it though, what did they change about the charge times for the charge characters? Because that's the first thing I read when I started browsing the last few pages.

Not the charge time, the buffer for a charge move.

Before, when you had sufficient charge for a move then you had a 12 frame window where you could stop charging and still have the charge stored up to do the desired move. So you could do a normal or a move inbetween and still have the charge to do the move.

Now though, you have a 6 frame window which is considerably smaller so you probably can't do stuff in between your charge moves and your execution has to be a bit tighter.

Village

Yes. Personality, look, style, etc. are the primary reasons I will choose to main a character when I pick up a fighting game.

Both. She will be forgotten in future SF's worse than Remy. Solely a reason to sell costumes, garbage T&A enclosed in 50/50 nonsense and a wack ass voice.

I think the funniest part about laura is just when you think they can't make another dumb costume they always double down on the next one. I get going for the whole sex appeal thing, nothing wrong with that but Juri is an example of doing it right and laura is just some capcom's employee's fantasy imo.

I was gonna write this big thing about how in detail laura is a bad character ( character and personality wise) but the conversation seems to have moved on so i'll but it away. I agree with you all though.

ElFly

played hella SFV today

can indeed confirm that Laura is hateful. Mika 2.0, but with added problem that I cannot point out anything that is broken, like with Mika and the wall bounce. really need to study this but good Lauras are rare for my matchmaking

one Akuma gave me real trouble, dude really knew his footsies. he lost his cool or whatever in one round and started to do jump fireballs and demon flips and that shit, and I managed to win that round, but the other four I got rocked. still think that, once I can survive that small set of blockstring/frame traps, I'd be fine

another problem with the Akumas I've seen is that nobody does shungokusatsu. and his other Super is not that good. It doesn't do that much damage in a combo, and outside of a combo is not consistent

managed to beat Urien with Gief too; mostly cause the dude abused the overhead so I could SPD it afterward. still was hella problematic

I don't know what to do against Juri. she destroys me

another problem with the Akumas I've seen is that nobody does shungokusatsu. and his other Super is not that good. It doesn't do that much damage in a combo, and outside of a combo is not consistent
Well considering the requirements for landing it, I'm not surprised. Especially since it's a grab. Granted I just started playing again, so I'm not sure if there's a way to combo into it or whatever.

However, I did just land it from the classic overhead shenanigans. Not something I'll be looking to do often though

ElFly

Well considering the requirements for landing it, I'm not surprised. Especially since it's a grab. Granted I just started playing again, so I'm not sure if there's a way to combo into it or whatever.

However, I did just land it from the classic overhead shenanigans. Not something I'll be looking to do often though

twitter makes me think there is a tick grab, like almost always?

yeah I understand you will always have more chances of the simpler CA but the good Akumas are abusing their V-Trigger so bison killer should be used too

HardRojo

Went from 4.5k to 3k and now I'm at 3.7k LP, picked Urien and it seems like things are going better with him. Will keep trying Guile too and someone else because I don't want to rely mainly on those two. Plus I keep messing up Urien's CC punish.

You can combo into it from a CC, you get 1 hit of CC for it to combo.
So CC, trigger, shun goku satsu.

Also it's fireball invincible on startup, so with the proper spacing you can punish with it on reaction.

Zackat

I've been using that f+hp>hp>ex. bolt charge since the patch, it is pretty much the new mika corner carry when you hit them with that midscreen. Pretty lame, actually. I hate that kind of mechanic. It's one of her new juggles. And as you saw, if you hit them all the way to the corner with it you get the reset chance which he did there.

Sheroking

That first knockdown against a Ryu, Ken, Necalli or Cammy in a game.

afec1457fcba86f6ae59d37986007fe23c499719

You best believe da meaty is coming. Such a good feeling after months of playing them more timidly.

Zekes!

I came in here to see if there were any new and good Laura strats in season 2, not to witness all this slander about her

leave Laura alone

HardRojo

Oh come on Mika still has her stupid cr.HP! I thought that'd be one of the first things they'd take away from her. That does nothing for me, that shit is the reason I can't stand the matchup, so basically Mika is still Mika for me.

Oh come on Mika still has her stupid cr.HP! I thought that'd be one of the first things they'd take away from her. That does nothing for me, that shit is the reason I can't stand the matchup, so basically Mika is still Mika for me.

Changed advantage on guard -4F⇒-6F

HardRojo

Changed advantage on guard -4F⇒-6F

It's not really blocking it I have problem with, it's the fact that it gives her a lot of mobility, it's V-trigger cancellable and it seems to stuff most pokes, so I end up in a mixup having to decide whether to tech, jump or keep blocking. Not even her S1 clap annoyed me as much.

Edit: BTW is there frame data for Season 2? I'm gonna check some things tomorrow and some frame data would come in real handy.

FluxWaveZ

No reason to be complaining about the cr.HP anymore. You're at an advantage literally anytime you block it, so just press a button. And most of the time you get hit by it, Mika's advantage is 0.

HardRojo

No reason to be complaining about the cr.HP anymore. You're at an advantage literally anytime you block it, so just press a button. And most of the time you get hit by it, Mika's advantage is 0.

I need more familiarity with it probably, it's just that I was so afraid of it in S1 that I am still afraid of it now, usually Mikas would spam it for free against me, I hated that normal.

I really hate Guile. He's singlehandedly the reason I don't like playing this game. As a Rashid main it feels like the matchup is braindead and it stresses me out. There's nothing reactionary I can do, he can just throw fireballs all day and that will win the game.

If I roll he recovers from sonic boom faster than the roll ends, he can get a full crush counter at worst, a small punish like a flashkick at best. Even if perfectly timed I'm still at a disadvantage and there's absolutely no way you can use Nail Assault without it being blocked and punished. You see this issue in the John Takeuchi vs Daigo match, where John gets crush countered for what seems like a well timed roll.

So with the roll being almost useless here, what options do you have? You can jump, but Guile recovers too quickly to do this up close on reaction, which is fair, most fireballs (aside Rashid's own) recover too quickly to react to them like that. But still, it remains the only way to get in reliably.

You can sit at mid-screen and use vskill xx lk eagle spike or mk whirlwind shot to build meter at roughly the same rate as guile and then use jumping ex eagle spike to get in, but if at any point Guile chooses to jump in on these options he can easily hit you for a full punish since both of these anti-projectile options consume almost a full second.

What do I do? The matchup is even worse than it was in S1.

HardRojo

Pure. Unbridled. Salt.

Lol my Urien is so bad right now it's not even funny, but some people tend not to pick up on their bad habits so I have to exploit them. The RQer was a Ken that kept pressing buttons on wakeup or cancelling EX DP into V-Trigger (after the first hits so I had the advantage apparently) so I just grabbed him after that.

Lol my Urien is so bad right now it's not even funny, but some people tend not to pick up on their bad habits so I have to exploit them. The RQer was a Ken that kept pressing buttons on wakeup or cancelling EX DP into V-Trigger (after the first hits so I had the advantage apparently) so I just grabbed him after that.

He's now -7 on block if he cancels any hit of any DP into V-Trigger.

I really hate Guile. He's singlehandedly the reason I don't like playing this game. As a Rashid main it feels like the matchup is braindead and it stresses me out. There's nothing reactionary I can do, he can just throw fireballs all day and that will win the game.

If I roll he recovers from sonic boom faster than the roll ends, he can get a full crush counter at worst, a small punish like a flashkick at best. Even if perfectly timed I'm still at a disadvantage and there's absolutely no way you can use Nail Assault without it being blocked and punished. You see this issue in the John Takeuchi vs Daigo match, where John gets crush countered for what seems like a well timed roll.

So with the roll being almost useless here, what options do you have? You can jump, but Guile recovers too quickly to do this up close on reaction, which is fair, most fireballs (aside Rashid's own) recover too quickly to react to them like that. But still, it remains the only way to get in reliably.

You can sit at mid-screen and use vskill xx lk eagle spike or mk whirlwind shot to build meter at roughly the same rate as guile and then use jumping ex eagle spike to get in, but if at any point Guile chooses to jump in on these options he can easily hit you for a full punish since both of these anti-projectile options consume almost a full second.

What do I do? The matchup is even worse than it was in S1.

While you may not be at this level there is still enough to grab from these sets to maybe help you out:

https://youtu.be/eJC3TRTQIkg

https://youtu.be/6eUWz1I92KE

For any Bipson players here's a nice set of Diego vs Galt that you guys might enjoy:

https://youtu.be/Eexm11SAnoo

Sheroking

Matchmaking has been pairing with me silvers all day. It's annoying, because I'm trying to get my PC to Platinum as fast as I can and I'm getting like 10 points at a time.

I think it's confused because I got like 3000 points in a 48 hour period. It's just not pairing me with golds or platinums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom