• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
These Chun nerfs reminds of Second Impact Sean. instead of making everyone else good, they made him worse.

But yeah St.HK needs to be -4 on block and fix her B.HP hitbox.

Neoxon

Does anyone know what the new Daily Challenge is asking me to do? I tried to do a Special KO on the right side of Forgotten Waterfall, but I got nothing.

Ryce

Does anyone know what the new Daily Challenge is asking me to do? I tried to do a Special KO on the right side of Forgotten Waterfall, but I got nothing.
Knock the opponent over a few times to the far right of the stage and bats should fly out of the cave.

Skilletor

I remember back in the early OTs there was a guy who talked about how crappy Ryu was and always advocated all these OP buffs. Can't remember who it was.

People were bitching after every beta about how much they'd nerfed him. Man, imagine if he still had s.mp, c.hk link on normal hit. Or could link s.mp after b+hk.

weird
a6fb10d6ed.jpg

Are you using the tip of your thumb and moving it around the dpad or are you using the ball of your thumb and rolling/rocking it to do the motions? If you're already doing the latter, then just practice more. Once you get it you'll have it forever.

Also make sure you're not taking the z-motions literally. You just have to press forward-down-downforward. When I was first learning SF the person helping me told me to press forward and then do a fireball motion. That's how I got a handle on it.

You just have to do it a lot and it will become second nature. Don't second-guess your use of a pad, this game works great with one.
Thanks, will try it this weekend if I have time!

Skab

I've decided that tonight I'm going to sit down with a note pad, watch a bunch of my replays, and take a bunch notes on what I need to work on. Then go lab a bunch of it out.

I WILL level up this weekend.

Lulubop

Damn, didn't know Du beat Tokido at that event. Throughout SF4 history we never had someone who could go toe to toe with Asian players like this. So happy.

JayEH

I've decided that tonight I'm going to sit down with a note pad, watch a bunch of my replays, and take a bunch notes on what I need to work on. Then go lab a bunch of it out.

that's the right attitude to have.

Damn, didn't know Du beat Tokido at that event. Throughout SF4 history we never had someone who could go toe to toe with Asian players like this. So happy.

He's definitely at least top 5 or 3 in the world right now.

Kashiwaba

Usually it's just one thing that's messing up your game i didn't get how much i was abusing backdash until some gaffers pointed at it now I'm watching my backdashes I've actually improved and almost hitting super gold.

Ryce

I really want to get the Ring of Destiny stage before it's taken down at the end of the month, but I can't justify dropping $10 on a single stage. I've spent so much on this game as it is. Ugh...

i don't see how this makes a difference.

It doesn't and does at the same time.

He's an American Asian. His nationality is what counts.

Yeah, for the country of ownership, for sure. His ethnicity is still asian tho (vietnamese to be exact), nothing wrong with that, but just saying, asian cultures tend to share certain traits when it comes to being very technically sound in things of this nature. Same as having similar upbringings that plays a good part in why they're very good in things of these natures. It just is what it is.

Usually it's just one thing that's messing up your game i didn't get how much i was abusing backdash until some gaffers pointed at it now I'm watching my backdashes I've actually improved and almost hitting super gold.
Try not to guage your skill level by what level you hit. Too many factors with online play. Some character easier to win with online, input delay messing with reactions, not being able to mash since an opponent is sitting right next to you in real offline play and you'll be obvious lol.

There's some fairly bad diamond players who just win a lot learning Chuns hardest to block setups. Have fairly low defense, footsie skill and average yomi

FluxWaveZ

Thanks for the matches, I'm so free to throws lol. Also dunno what to do against your guile at all.

GGs. Necalli's pretty crazy; I feel like he's kind of like Ken in that, a player can press a bunch of buttons and end up opening up the opponent in endless pressure.

Marvel

could never
I like the combo at the end where you use ex fireball and then do super
Thanks.

At the end of that session my thumbs were sore AF aha. She's def a character I will put a lot of time into in the future even if she gets beaten to death with the nerf stick.

Kashiwaba

Try not to guage your skill level by what level you hit. Too many factors with online play. Some character easier to win with online, input delay messing with reactions, not being able to mash since an opponent is sitting right next to you in real offline play and you'll be obvious lol.

There's some fairly bad diamond players who just win a lot learning Chuns hardest to block setups. Have fairly low defense, footsie skill and average yomi

Sadly online is the only place I can judge my skills since i live in a small city lol and my friends suck my older bother is the only one who can give me some challenge since he a was long time SF player but he stopped playing since he got married few years ago.

Anne

It doesn't and does at the same time.

FWIW the reason people point out where somebody is from it's because they practiced with the people from that region, came up through that region's system, etc. What matters is where and how they learned, not the color of their skin. An American doing this well is more or less validating that people in the current American tournament scene have everything that they need to be able to compete with other regions.

Dubz

I haven't played on PC in months and now when I try and start the game it just won't start at all. Is this normal?

Marvel

could never
I hope some of those (legit lol) combos satisfied your curiosity for Chun-stuff xD

I'm sure someone who has either mastered her enough or mains her completely can shed more and better light on the character for you, Tizoc.

petran79

Banned
Ibuki's air kunais now have even stricter inputs than SFIV...

I like that she borrowed some bombs from Lei-Lei. Cant believe it but now compared to the other female characters, she's the least annoying.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
He's terrible folks. Terrible. Believe me.

just realized that saying things like ^ isn't funny anymore.

feels bad

does he complain about Rashid?

Surprisingly no. He was saying Rashid was much better than people though at a time when the general consensus was that he was not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom