• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kashiwaba

I hope S2 has NRS approach to the netcode, NRS knew they had shit netcode and fixed it, i played MKXL at a friends house few weeks ago, i got destroyed by players but the netcode was smooth..

We are talking about Capcom here, they never have their priorities right lol, as someone mentioned yesterday they put so much effort and details in stages background but they tend to mess up and neglect the most basic things.

So is Chun terrible now or something? Don't see too many people using her.
Nah, she's still top tier. It's just that some of the best things she had are now worse (st.hp, st.lk, IAL) so you don't hear people complain about her as much.

A lot of people seem to be moving onto Cammy oddly enough.

DJwest

I wish Capcom would release a road map for season 2 DLC characters like they did for season 1. Is it safe to assume that the next character will be released in January ?

Neoxon

I just finished Stardust Crusaders and it left me so hungry for some more JoJo that I just started DiU.

Just saw the first episode and holy shit,
Joseph has an illegitimate son?

I'm gonna miss that theme song from the first half of Stardust Crusaders though. It's SO GOOD.
Joseph didn't earn the title of "Foxy Grandpa" for nothing.

But yeah, stick with it, DiU gets even crazier. It's easily my 2nd favorite JoJo part (2nd only to Part 7, which won't get adapted for a good long while).

I wish Capcom would release a road map for season 2 DLC characters like they did for season 1. Is it safe to assume that the next character will be released in January ?

what's the point of releasing a roadmap if they're not gonna follow it anyway lol. might as well leave people in the dark and not get their hopes up in the first place tbh

They haven't explicitly said anything. I feel like that's been a recurring pattern for this game's updates.

Joseph didn't earn the title of "Foxy Grandpa" for nothing.

But yeah, stick with it, DiU gets even crazier. It's easily my 2nd favorite JoJo part (2nd only to Part 7, which won't get adapted for a good long while).
Man, if this keeps up I might just have to start actually reading the manga for the parts that haven't been animated.

kirblar

what's the point of releasing a roadmap if they're not gonna follow it anyway lol. might as well leave people in the dark and not get their hopes up in the first place tbh
Map was all US team. Capcom Japan apparently hated having hard deadlines out there in public.

Kashiwaba

They haven't explicitly said anything. I feel like that's been a recurring pattern for this game's updates.

Man, if this keeps up I might just have to start actually reading the manga for the parts that haven't been animated.

They will animate part 5 and 6 for sure since they are continuation for the same story but i doubt they will animate part 7 and 8 since they are set in a different time line, so i would say wait for part 5 and 6 anime since David production is actually doing a good job adapting the manga into the anime.

They will animate part 5 and 6 for sure since they are continuation for the same story but i doubt they will animate part 7 and 8 since they are set in a different time line, so i would say wait for part 5 and 6 anime since David production is actually doing a good job adapting the manga into the anime.
Thanks, that's good to know.

Yea I remember that. I say just release things when you can but give people like a 2 week hype period or something.
Or in the case of Season Passes, tell people what characters they're paying for.

VariantX

I'm not all that concerned about when it's coming, just what's coming at all. Beyond the stuff they promised like extra battle which probably should have been out in S1, I have no idea what's coming for either the casual or competitive side of things for S2.

damn why you gotta call me out like that
its all out of love b
Thanks, that's good to know.

Or in the case of Season Passes, tell people what characters they're paying for.
Trust The Process - Capcom
I'm not all that concerned about when it's coming, just what's coming at all. Beyond the stuff they promised like extra battle which probably should have been out in S1, I have no idea what's coming for either the casual or competitive side of things for S2.

Capcom USA probably has no idea what's coming either tbh

Hutchie

Capcom being capcom and not communicating with us again

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Character crisis, fuck.

I just don't have a true main... still.

So have many true mains! I have Karin, Urien, Juri and now Akuma in my current rotation. I have focused on Akuma almost exclusively though since he dropped.

If Capcom decides to release a great grappler, like Hugo-great, I will move to him/her.

Or if Sodom somehow comes back. Or Q. Or Gen. I am a Street Fighter polygamist!

Marvel

could never
So have many true mains!
That's my problem tho!

I play too many, I really want to be a loyalist to one and truly master him or her. Deep understanding, not this enough info and muscle memory to get by on most of the cast lol. I just can't decide who atm.

Will like be either Bison or learning Vega. Lot of the cast don't excite me :/

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
That's my problem tho!

I play too many, I really want to be a loyalist to one and truly master him or her. Deep understanding, not this enough info and muscle memory to get by on most of the cast lol. I just can't decide who atm.

Will like be either Bison or learning Vega. Lot of the cast don't excite me :/

If I were to pick just one, it would be Karin. She just feels the best, footsies and slick combos plus that laugh. I used to rock Bison back in the beta and a little after. I actually want to go back to him and check his new stuff in S2.

RM8

Character crisis, fuck.

I just don't have a true main... still.
This was me in SFIV but this time around I've been surprisingly loyal to Sim. With some Juri on the side, but mostly Sim :p Though with the new balance situation, I'd like to try some of the characters that are supposedly bad now (maybe Nash? I'm honestly still seeing a lot of Nash players online).

Marvel

could never
Yeah it's a pickle.

Ah fuck it, I haven't tried out Dictator since S2's launch. I'll probably stick with him, I certainly have the most fun with him that's for sure. A lot of my enjoyment comes from animation and character design because I'm shallow lol.

He's got it all for me.

I have a character crisis every week because I see some fun new tech and I wanna try it out. I just want to have fun and be semi-decent enough to hang with people in my level. I guess it'd be different if I wanted to be completely competitive, but SFV (and fighting games, really) are so much fun that I just kinda meander around.

On the flipside of things, my Urien has gotten much better, my Nash is alright, my Akuma is coming along much better, and I might have a Birdie. And dicking around with different characters allows me understand the game better in a hands-on perspective.

Really? I wasn't crying for a Nash Nerf. But then Capcom dose something dumber like semi nerfing Jab AA or making some v-reversals worse.

Oh no, those are fine to complain about (well, the semi-nerfing jab aa is silly because they nerfed it, people just need to know where the hitboxes are and mind their jumps like I explained to Omni a few days ago).

It's just that you let the salt overtake you.

ElFly

Give me Zangief or give me death

I've dabbled in Urien, Necalli and Boxer, but I will always come back to the guy who can grab you from beyond what your limbs can reach

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Yeah it's a pickle.

Ah fuck it, I haven't tried out Dictator since S2's launch. I'll probably stick with him, I certainly have the most fun with him that's for sure. A lot of my enjoyment comes from animation and character design because I'm shallow lol.

He's got it all for me.

Join the purple first man club! Nothing wrong with vanity. I think clicking with a character goes a long way.

FinKL

Guile optimal combos are actually pretty strict. Props to the peeps that can do them, I'm just now getting down the timing.

Akuma is braindead ez and does so much damage though.

One of my friends said that I should just stick to "villain" characters since I always seem to gravitate towards them, and I might do that for a month. Learn Balrog, Urien, Akuma, and maybe Necaili now that he looks less linear.

I used to play Balrog in 4, but it was much easier with JAB JAB JAB all day.

JayEH

One of my friends said that I should just stick to "villain" characters since I always seem to gravitate towards them, and I might do that for a month. Learn Balrog, Urien, Akuma, and maybe Necaili now that he looks less linear.

Sometimes I kind of miss the days of hit confirming after 3 or 4 hits haha. Hit confirming target combos is tough.

FluxWaveZ

It's a bit nuts how hard it is to punish Urien's EX reversal on whiff. As a DP that can lead to combos/setups and that also acts as an AA, I feel it should have a bit more recovery than it does when it misses.

I think this season is going to have a lot of people having two mains, especially the pros. Daigo playing Guile looked so much better than whatever the fuck he was trying to do with Ryu. I wanna see them hit the character select screen and counterpick, damnit.

Sometimes I kind of miss the days of hit confirming after 3 or 4 hits haha. Hit confirming target combos is tough.

I get them when the person is breaking down and pressing buttons. Smug is making me wanna pick up a Rog so bad.

It's a bit nuts how hard it is to punish Urien's EX reversal on whiff. As a DP that can lead to combos/setups and that also acts as an AA, I feel it should have a bit more recovery than it does when it misses.

Trying to punish all of Urien's specials are awkward under some conditions. Knee drop damn near safe, headbutt safe, tackle can be spaced to be safe lol

It's not an auto win anymore so people like Producer have moved onto easier characters for the time being

Cammy's easier, but not auto-win either...eh Producer.
sass2.png

Akuma isn't a villain though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom