• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Am I the only one who wants Marvel costumes in SFV to promote MvCI? I was gonna suggest this a while back, but it slipped my mind for whatever reason. Here's the list I whipped up from back then.
  • Ryu: Iron Fist
  • Ken Masters: Hawkeye
  • Chun-Li: Black Widow (both voiced by Laura Bailey in Avengers Assemble)
  • Zangief: Hulk
  • Dhalsim: Mr. Fantastic Ms. Marvel
  • Master Bison: Thanos
  • Vega: Wolverine Daredevil
  • Cammy White: Captain Marvel
  • Karin Kansuki: Iron Man (or Ironheart)
  • Rainbow Mika: Squirrel Girl
  • Charlie Nash: Captain America
  • Birdie: Kingpin
  • Rashid: Spider-Man
  • Laura Matsuda: She-Hulk
  • Necalli: Venom
  • F.A.N.G: Karnak
  • Guile: Thor (both voiced by Travis Willingham in Avengers Assemble, hence why I didn't do the obvious choice & make him Cap)
  • Balrog: Luke Cage
  • Juri: Nebula
  • Urien: Vision or Adam Warlock
  • Akuma: Dormammu
Thoughts?

Ryce

Am I the only one who wants Marvel costumes in SFV to promote MvCI? I was gonna suggest this a while back, but it slipped my mind for whatever reason. Here's the list I whipped up from back then.
  • Guile: Thor (both voiced by Travis Willingham in Avengers Assemble, hence why I didn't do the obvious choice & make him Cap)
Thoughts?
Honestly, I wouldn't like that, but Guile as Captain America and Nash as Winter Soldier makes way too much sense.

Ryce

I tried to go for voice actor allusions. But yeah, Guile as Cap & Charlie as Bucky does make sense.
I'd actually much rather see Capcom implement their planned original superhero costumes. For a bit of cross-promotion, purchasing the superhero costumes for characters like Ryu and Chun-Li would unlock them in MvCI.

pe9n6g5.jpg

Village

I'd actually much rather see Capcom implement their planned original superhero costumes. For a bit of cross-promotion, purchasing the superhero costumes for characters like Ryu and Chun-Li would unlock them in MvCI.

pe9n6g5.jpg

Hadn't seen these, they look lame though

Maybe they should get some of the marvel guys on board

Neoxon

pe9n6g5.jpg
I mean, I'm sure Ryu & Chun-Li won't be the only SF characters in MvCI, but I get your point.

That said, I'd be down for some of the Marvel guys to come in & touch up those designs.

Thoughts?
You're too damn imaginative for your own good :(

Also lol at Dhalsim having Ms. Marvel. If the whole X-MEN/F4 fiasco wasn't a thing, Mr. Fantastic would have been such an easy choice.

Thoughts?

A Squirrel Girl costume for Mika? My favourite fighting game character dressed as my favourite comic book character?

You're tickin' too many of my boxes, man. I'd kill a man to obtain an alt that legendary.

Neoxon

Of course, if I were to throw out voice actor references, this would be my list.
  • Ken Masters: Thor
  • Chun-Li: Captain Marvel
  • Vega: Wolverine Star-Lord (mask included, which falls off as it normally would for Vega)
  • Cammy White: Black Widow
  • Karin Kansuki: Iron Man or Ironheart
  • Charlie Nash: Winter Soldier
  • Guile: Captain America
I did end up doing an edit for Vega.

Karnak was definitely the easier option for FANG. Falcon is cool but the only relation between the two is that they both move like birds, and FANG only does that for one move.

Can I get JoJo themed costumes instead?

I mean, the work's already done for Guile and Juri.
I believe Neoxon posted quite a while ago a list of which characters from JoJo that the SF characters were inspired from. Like Guile's look being partially inspired by Stroheim and Juri's being inspired by Jolene.

Though if we are getting costumes, F.A.N.G gets dibs on Hol Horse.

jojoba0058.png

A Marvel crossover is possible because Capcom and Marvel are already collaborating so why not take it a step further.
A JoJo crossover is possible because they're both Japanese and the Capcom designers have quite openly been fans of JoJo.

Though I'm sure neither will happen because this is Capcom we're talking about

Neoxon

I believe Neoxon posted quite a while ago a list of which characters from JoJo that the SF characters were inspired from. Like Guile's look being partially inspired by Stroheim and Juri's being inspired by Jolyne.

Though if we are getting costumes, F.A.N.G gets dibs on Hol Horse.

jojoba0058.png

A Marvel crossover is possible because Capcom and Marvel are already collaborating so why not take it a step further.
A JoJo crossover is possible because they're both Japanese and the Capcom designers have quite openly been fans of JoJo.

Though I'm sure neither will happen because this is Capcom we're talking about
I mean, Akuma's voiced by Old Joseph, Vega's voiced by Polnareff, & Ryu's voiced by Kakyoin, so there's that.

I also took the liberty of fixing the spelling for Jolyne.

I mean, Akuma's voiced by Old Joseph, Vega's voiced by Polnareff, & Ryu's voiced by Kakyoin, so there's that.

I also took the liberty of fixing the spelling for Jolyne.
Ahh my mistake, I haven't read the parts so I was unsure of the correct spelling

It's certainly one of those things that I would love to see happen but I don't think SF is gonna go for that. JoJo's appeal is mainly limited to Japan. Yes there are a lot of people outside of Japan that watch it but compared to something like Marvel, that number is EXTREMELY limited.

Marvel

could never
I used to look to TampaBison to see what I should be doing.

This week I discovered Galtu, and...what the fuck, his Bison is like anything else. There's just so much confidence and aggression in his play that I don't see anywhere else. He makes me feel about Bison how FChamp used to make me think about Dormammu - my character can play like this?

Just look at the energy behind this set:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a_K5qVFJt0
Yeah Galtu's Bipson is a thing of beauty. I watch a lot of his stuff.

New Years Resolution.

Well, one of them.

For the next month, it's all Balrog, all day. He's fun, I need to stay with a character and get my execution/combos down, and really dive into SFV's system. Maybe rank myself up atleast to Sliver. With the way I'm playing lately I'll probably go back down to Rookie lul.

Welp, just lost my phone. New year new phone I guess. Damn I'm gonna have to play some Urien tomorrow.

Spend on yourself. You deserve it.

My New Year's Resolution is to platinum Yakuza 0 and Kiwami.

Can't make any promises with regards to SF5 with new characters that I might end up liking and with Injustice 2 coming out next year.

HardRojo

Spend on yourself. You deserve it.

Worst thing is I don't remember how I lost it lol, all I remember is texting some girl, waking up next to her with no sings of my phone in the room, so I might have dropped it in the taxi. Worst day to lose my phone but I'll have to check what options I got latet today, will probably not get to play SF at all during the day.

Played Akuma yesterday at a friends house, after about 1 hour using him none stop and getting my teeth kicked in, he's not for me, saving FM for the next character..

I am an aggressive player and Low HP character is a no no..

Naarmight

Hey Guys, does anyone know if there is a list out there of which character trials are now impossible due to the S2 changes? Was going to finish off a few I never got round to, and I am wondering if it is still possible

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You're using S1 characters during trials, they are all still possible. There's even a message when you go in.

Alchemist

All Birdie players online play the exact same. Heavily reliant on EX dolphin dive and that other EX move that goes full screen aka annoying as fuck

Ardenyal

Hey Guys, does anyone know if there is a list out there of which character trials are now impossible due to the S2 changes? Was going to finish off a few I never got round to, and I am wondering if it is still possible

Trials use S1 frame data, no? I think it says that when you go to trials.

There is, Bullhorn spam in platinum.
I've said this before in the thread.

Bullhorn is a fantastic move. Like I don't think I can do the move justice. It's SO GOOD. In regular mode, it's fantastic for getting through fireballs, punishing stuff like Akuma's Air fireballs or if you're feeling freaky, going straight through fireball based CAs. A big thing about the move though, is that his animation makes him move backwards a tad before jumping into the air. That move actually retracts his hurtbox. So if you're in a situation in the middle of a blockstring where the opponent's last normal is literally right on the very edge, you can do that move in the middle of the blockstring and have that normal whiff and punish it. It's incredibly unsafe on block unless you V-Trigger cancel it so don't abuse it.

Leonidas

AMD's Dogma: ARyzen (No Intel inside)
If I get the base game on Steam for $20 is it feasible to unlock all the characters(season and season 2) without paying real money? Around how much time should this take?

Neoxon

Ahh my mistake, I haven't read the parts so I was unsure of the correct spelling

It's certainly one of those things that I would love to see happen but I don't think SF is gonna go for that. JoJo's appeal is mainly limited to Japan. Yes there are a lot of people outside of Japan that watch it but compared to something like Marvel, that number is EXTREMELY limited.
To be fair, JoJo's now on Toonami, which should have a positive impact on its appeal in the West thanks to how well it's doing on the block. But yeah, Marvel costumes (or at least Marvel-designed costumes) would garner more hype.

If I get the base game on Steam for $20 is it feasible to unlock all the characters(season and season 2) without paying real money? Around how much time should this take?
S1 and s2?, not very feasible, I mean it's possible, but you'd have to complete nearly all sp content, including extreme survival.

RK9039

When all they do is spam EX tackle, ex headbutt, and knee they're easy to predict in what they think is randomness.

So true, it's so easy to predict what they're gonna do. Even with their reflector up, if you're already blocking, anticipate a grab. If you've knocked Urien down, and if he has bars, time your neutral jump to hit his back because EX headbutt is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom