• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
Oh my god storing a parried fireball with Dictator to throw it in someone's face mid combo or read is hilarious. I love that addition to his V-Skill.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
If I get the base game on Steam for $20 is it feasible to unlock all the characters(season and season 2) without paying real money? Around how much time should this take?
It would take a ton of time, luck, and some skill too.

If I were jumping in for the first time now I'd buy the S1 pass (if it's discounted to 20 or 15 bucks) and then it would be very easy to buy all the S2 characters and probably a bunch of other stuff.

HardRojo

I said I probably wouldn't play today but man, letting Nash go was probably the best decision I've made, at least I can enjoy the game again with Urien and Guile, still looking for another character but I can't complain after mixing things up.
df.HK super is so tight with Guile but Du does it so consistently. How!?

Ryce

February is the 20th anniversary of Street Fighter III. It's the perfect time to release the Alex and Ibuki nostalgia costumes.

I hope this is as embarrassing for Capcom as I think it should be. Ideally, it'd motivate them to start trying harder.

I think they're trying hard plenty. I love the misconception that game companies "aren't trying" when the product doesn't satisfy a player's particular standards.

Reminder that Ono collapsed making SFxT, a game that everyone hated.
(At the time. They love it now. Go figure).

best to assume those are never coming out. you can only be disappointed continually waiting for them.

Yeah, just like the season 2 patch n-

OH WAIT.

You want to talk about "embarrassing"? This forum was embarrassing the days before S2 patch notes arrived.

this is sad. i hope capcom at least comes out and acknowledges more SP modes evenutally.

They already did.

Pompadour

If I get the base game on Steam for $20 is it feasible to unlock all the characters(season and season 2) without paying real money? Around how much time should this take?

Just by doing a Character's Story, Trials, Demonstrations, and Survival on Easy and Normal you get 31,500 FM (this includes the leveling up FM bonuses, too.) For the initial 16 characters that means you'll end up with 504,000 FM which is five DLC characters.

So then you can do the 5 DLC characters' single player content that you did for the original 16 and you get another 157,000 which earns you a 6th DLC character and leaves you with 61,000 FM to spare.

If you download the free Cinematic Story Mode and do that on both difficulties that's 80,000 FM, I believe. Do the 6th DLC character's singleplayer content that I outlined above and that's another 31,500 FM + 80,000 FM + the leftover 61,000 FM = 172500
FM which will net you the 7th DLC character with 72,500 FM to spare.

Do their stuff and that means you have enough for 8 DLC characters with 4 remaining in season 2. I don't know how competent you are at fighting games but realistically you could do all of this during a weekend.

In addition there's weekly challenges that often take less than 5 minutes to complete and net you about 6600 FM on average. So if you started now by the end of 2017 you'd get 343,200 (on average) FM before Season 3 started.

Then there's the Hard and Extreme Survivals that I don't recommend but with a few characters you can feasibly game the AI to beat them.

Korezo

Why people still rage quit... I would one day like to enjoy ranked, but I guess its impossible if you just starting because everyone above me quits when they get wrecked. The legit people probably on the super plat and above rank.

JayEH

OH WAIT.

You want to talk about "embarrassing"? This forum was embarrassing the days before S2 patch notes arrived.

Well them saying patches notes were coming in a couple of weeks and announcing costumes and stages almost 6 months ago with no mention of them afterwards is not the same thing. And of course I know the costumes are coming I'm just making light of the situation. I'm just saying if you pretend they don't exist you'll only be pleasantly surprised when they do come out. No need to be so serious all the time man.

Scotia

Banned
I think they're trying hard plenty. I love the misconception that game companies "aren't trying" when the product doesn't satisfy a player's particular standards.

OH WAIT.

They already did.

Please shill harder.

Believe it or not Capcom actually deserve to be called out on some things.

Leonidas

AMD's Dogma: ARyzen (No Intel inside)
Just by doing a Character's Story, Trials, Demonstrations, and Survival on Easy and Normal you get 31,500 FM (this includes the leveling up FM bonuses, too.) For the initial 16 characters that means you'll end up with 504,000 FM which is five DLC characters.

So then you can do the 5 DLC characters' single player content that you did for the original 16 and you get another 157,000 which earns you a 6th DLC character and leaves you with 61,000 FM to spare.

If you download the free Cinematic Story Mode and do that on both difficulties that's 80,000 FM, I believe. Do the 6th DLC character's singleplayer content that I outlined above and that's another 31,500 FM + 80,000 FM + the leftover 61,000 FM = 172500
FM which will net you the 7th DLC character with 72,500 FM to spare.

Do their stuff and that means you have enough for 8 DLC characters with 4 remaining in season 2. I don't know how competent you are at fighting games but realistically you could do all of this during a weekend.

In addition there's weekly challenges that often take less than 5 minutes to complete and net you about 6600 FM on average. So if you started now by the end of 2017 you'd get 343,200 (on average) FM before Season 3 started.

Then there's the Hard and Extreme Survivals that I don't recommend but with a few characters you can feasibly game the AI to beat them.

Doesn't seem that bad when you put it like that, for $20 I'll give it a shot.

SFxT has a small minority of players who try to give it cult status, but it will never be anything more than a critical and commercial flop to the vast majority of fighting game players, let alone normal gaming consumers.

kirblar

SFxT has a small minority of players who try to give it cult status, but it will never be anything more than a critical and commercial flop to the vast majority of fighting game players, let alone normal gaming consumers.
I like 2013 but the game still had serious issues even after the fixes.

FluxWaveZ

Rashid is so messed up. That's it, I'm taking him to Training mode and I'm gonna be staying there for a long time. He did attack xx CA to chip me out, and I V-Reversaled at the "xx" part, but the CA still hit. And when I'm cornered, it's just non-stop. It's so hard.

GGs Flux. I don't know the Balrog matchup AT ALL lol.

GGs. I think he's pretty strong now, but I don't think there are that many people playing him despite that.

What's cool about Balrog is that he allows for a good amount of difference in playstyles between players.

Marvel

could never
Keep bumping into the same guy who RQ's on me lol. Do you not lose LP in casuals when you bounce? It's pissing me off each time I check his profile and he isn't down 1K. Must be saving his 1 RQ a day just for me lol

Really irriating.

Keep bumping into the same guy who RQ's on me lol. Do you not lose LP in casuals when you bounce? It's pissing me off each time I check his profile and he isn't down 1K. Must be saving his 1 RQ a day just for me lol

Really irriating.
Don't think you lose anything by RQing in Casual.

Just taunt endlessly when you get matched up with him and disconnect right before he wins.

cordy

Banned
Actually surprised at all the "Akuma is evil" talk pages ago. He's definitely not evil, hell Capcom's just had to alter his story a bit in order for people to get that. For one that submarine ending was misunderstood by a lot of people. Rewatch it. Akuma destroys a shipwreck as a sub crew looks on. The one Akuma destroys is rusty and broken down, the one the crew watches from is completely fine. For years people have been saying Akuma destroyed the other sub when really he didn't, it's wild.

Secondly, those Hitler comparisons are silly considering Hitler was a real person and Akuma's a created character. You can't compare the two especially when the text that came with the Akuma baby pic actually said his V-Trigger would be "rocking the baby to sleep and then he could use his power", also said the baby never leaves his back regardless of what he does. Akuma was holding back to protect the kid and still protects the kid no matter what he does. A juxtaposition to this is how Shadaloo (the bad guys) treat kids which is kidnapping and making them work with zero pay. In Akuma's case, he was actually protecting a baby and raising them. Completely different. This is a common trope that they do with badasses to show they're really "not evil" on the inside. Happened with Piccolo/Gohan, happens all the time and the sole reason they even thought of that design for Akuma is to show a different side to Akuma's character people haven't seen, to flesh him out a bit for them and let them know he's not evil because there's still confusion. Hell, that pic with Akuma cross-legged with the kid didn't convince people, that story about Akuma and that kid didn't convince people, that pic of Elena and Akuma didn't convince people, I don't get it. Hell, there was even a translation issue in Akuma's SFV story where he said he followed down the path of the demon when really he meant Oni, how it's read however is people thinking he went "further evil" when really he was saying "nah bruh, I didn't go further to heaven, I didn't go further to hell, I just went further with Oni." If he truly meant he was going "evil with demons" then he wouldn't have cut hell out like that.

Even more so, someone mentioned a comment about Ryu being the protagonist and since Akuma's his most direct antagonist he's a bad guy against the hero. That's silly. They even threw in Akuma's Story Mode for SFV where he kills the guy after the protagonist (Necalli), listens to Ryu's lecture, smiles and jumps away as Ryu's got his hand out wanting a fist bump. That's not some villain shit lmao. That's actually something that would happen if it were in Sagat in Akuma's place.

Akuma just lives by his own morality which revolves around fighting, nature and "being true to yourself" rather than being evil. I mean even one of dude's Alpha endings should have stopped this.

Last comment is this; imagine if that was Bison who beat down Ryu instead of Akuma in SFV. Guaranteed, Ryu wouldn't be smiling on the ground looking like he just had an orgasm wanting a fist bump as he gave a lecture like he did when it was Akuma. He'd be pissed and Bison would have then had his way with him.

Great set Moaradin!

It's matches like these that solidifies I will never put the game down decidedly, gameplay is just too good. Really like your patient Urien, you and Flux are teaching me not to jump. Perhaps I should alt. a charge character like you guys to learn to play a bit more patient and defensively.

Hmmmm...maybe Guile.

Rashid is so messed up. That's it, I'm taking him to Training mode and I'm gonna be staying there for a long time. He did attack xx CA to chip me out, and I V-Reversaled at the "xx" part, but the CA still hit. And when I'm cornered, it's just non-stop. It's so hard.

GGs. I think he's pretty strong now, but I don't think there are that many people playing him despite that.

What's cool about Balrog is that he allows for a good amount of difference in playstyles between players.
I have a few good Rashid's on my list...Unfortunately, the best advice is to not get cornered. Take a look at his frame data, you won't be that satisfied lol...It's not really your turn at all once you get into corner against a Rashid that knows all their safe on block buttons. But playing Rog, you should be able to turn the tables around on him once you get trigger and take a big chunk of life with one confirm.

Moaradin

Great set Moaradin!

It's matches like these that solidifies I will never put the game down decidedly, gameplay is just too good. Really like your patient Urien, you and Flux are teaching me not to jump. Perhaps I should alt. a charge character like you guys to learn to play a bit more patient and defensively.

Hmmmm...maybe Guile.

GGs dude. Yeah, I feel ya. Me and you were pretty much neck and neck the entire time lol.

Actually surprised at all the "Akuma is evil" talk pages ago. He's definitely not evil, hell Capcom's just had to alter his story a bit in order for people to get that. For one that submarine ending was misunderstood by a lot of people. Rewatch it. Akuma destroys a shipwreck as a sub crew looks on. The one Akuma destroys is rusty and broken down, the one the crew watches from is completely fine. For years people have been saying Akuma destroyed the other sub when really he didn't, it's wild.

Secondly, those Hitler comparisons are silly considering Hitler was a real person and Akuma's a created character. You can't compare the two especially when the text that came with the Akuma baby pic actually said his V-Trigger would be "rocking the baby to sleep and then he could use his power", also said the baby never leaves his back regardless of what he does. Akuma was holding back to protect the kid and still protects the kid no matter what he does. A juxtaposition to this is how Shadaloo (the bad guys) treat kids which is kidnapping and making them work with zero pay. In Akuma's case, he was actually protecting a baby and raising them. Completely different. This is a common trope that they do with badasses to show they're really "not evil" on the inside. Happened with Piccolo/Gohan, happens all the time and the sole reason they even thought of that design for Akuma is to show a different side to Akuma's character people haven't seen, to flesh him out a bit for them and let them know he's not evil because there's still confusion. Hell, that pic with Akuma cross-legged with the kid didn't convince people, that story about Akuma and that kid didn't convince people, that pic of Elena and Akuma didn't convince people, I don't get it. Hell, there was even a translation issue in Akuma's SFV story where he said he followed down the path of the demon when really he meant Oni, how it's read however is people thinking he went "further evil" when really he was saying "nah bruh, I didn't go further to heaven, I didn't go further to hell, I just went further with Oni." If he truly meant he was going "evil with demons" then he wouldn't have cut hell out like that.

Even more so, someone mentioned a comment about Ryu being the protagonist and since Akuma's his most direct antagonist he's a bad guy against the hero. That's silly. They even threw in Akuma's Story Mode for SFV where he kills the guy after the protagonist (Necalli), listens to Ryu's lecture, smiles and jumps away as Ryu's got his hand out wanting a fist bump. That's not some villain shit lmao. That's actually something that would happen if it were in Sagat in Akuma's place.

Akuma just lives by his own morality which revolves around fighting, nature and "being true to yourself" rather than being evil. I mean even one of dude's Alpha endings should have stopped this.

Last comment is this; imagine if that was Bison who beat down Ryu instead of Akuma in SFV. Guaranteed, Ryu wouldn't be smiling on the ground looking like he just had an orgasm wanting a fist bump as he gave a lecture like he did when it was Akuma. He'd be pissed and Bison would have then had his way with him.

I always saw it as akuma is basically like ryu but embraces the demon to increase his power while ryu is trying to do the opposite. Its not evil but rather using an inherently evil power to increase his own. Which will prob leed him to do questionable things.

At the end of the day ryu and akuma are trying to be the best at their martial art in the world and running slightly tangent paths from one another.

But i have never really followed the lore very closely. Just how it has appeared to me at a glance.

cordy

Banned
I always saw it as akuma is basically like ryu but embraces the demon to increase his power while ryu is trying to do the opposite. Its not evil but rather using an inherently evil power to increase his own. Which will prob leed him to do questionable things.

At the end of the day ryu and akuma are trying to be the best at their martial art in the world and running slightly tangent paths from one another.

But i have never really followed the lore very closely. Just how it has appeared to me at a glance.

Yep I agree although the questionable things depends on the person I guess but yeah I agree with just about everything you've said. That's how it is with Akuma. It seems the longer they keep making these games it's like they gotta throw something else in so more understand it but it is what it is.

Anyone know how to get Karin's color 15. Do you only attain it from beating Survival on extreme?

I think you need level 50 for that color. I'm at 42 with her and it feels like I'm not getting that color unless arcade mode lets me get more fight money with her.

Beating survival on extreme only gets you fight money and experience.

joe2187

Banned
A video I made about Mikas options to get you into the corner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAK7O7o3YhI

I prefer St.MP, St.HP, H.Peach bomber since it does a good amount of damage and is meterless. simple, easy and effective.

Also, mic drop combos are my favorite of all time. When the see me doing the V skill and then rush in, get hit by the mic and then confirm the hit into a kill is sublime. It's caused a fair bit of RQs and I relish it.

Anbody else wanna share some R Mika setups?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom