• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Choco and Momo are big in Japan. Choco gets interviewed about the FGC all the time, and she's basically the face of females of fighting games IIRC. Momo places high as fuck in tournaments and is still an EVO champ. Both have a fighting game school they run where their students are pulling in results.

When I read about it, I thought they were getting dropped, but it wouldn't matter either way.

Choco does tons of shit for FGC in Japan. She manages/markets a lot of stuff. She is not just a stay at home mom

https://youtu.be/nYh_7zfQBNE?t=3m45s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5otaU4PoCD4

https://youtu.be/MW8FUx3hqos?t=7m20s

After Daigo, they probably get on Japanese television the most. Followed by Tokido. Pretty sure the pro gaming team Team Detonation get on television a lot too for the simple fact that they are part of a gaming house which is foreign to the Japanese audience.

ElFly

completed the Ken Trial by changing my controller to have V-Skill and V-Trigger as face buttons

then was with 69950 FM so requested a fight. a single victory would lead me to 70k

but forgot to change the buttons so I had to fight without LK and LP :O still got the win

also, second time in this night where a Nash V-Triggers into my air SPD. basically looks like Zangief summons Nash to get thrown

50k isn't too much, but past sales didn't help at all.

Same was true for MKX, which has gone on sale multiple times like SF5 in recent months. The temporary price cuts never really cause a huge jump in sales for that game, either.

Probably has more to do with the holiday time, rather than the price drops.

Shackzam

A lot of top players remember cfn names really easily. They may be remember you for different reasons, but there's no reason for them not to remember your tag if they play you in ranked a lot.

FluxWaveZ

Lol, that's obviously why you've got him salty. Dunno why you're so clueless about it though, you should relish it.

I'd prefer to not stand out, tbh. I didn't consider that top players would even care who they're facing online unless they were another top player:

A lot of top players remember cfn names really easily. They may be remember you for different reasons, but there's no reason for them not to remember your tag if they play you in ranked a lot.

Ryan Hart is far too smart for his own good. Like him talking about minimizing risk was ridiculous.

Was that on a stream just now? An elaboration of that mindset sounds like something I'd like to listen to.

Any arcade stick experts here? I have a question
Today I broke the little circuit board that sits around the stick on my SFxT Fightstick Pro (Madcatz).
After looking around online a bit, Im pretty sure the part I need to replace is the Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT.
If this is the right part, will it work just by plugging it in via the little 5 prong connection, or would it need to be some kind of special Madcatz variant?

nded

Any arcade stick experts here? I have a question
Today I broke the little circuit board that sits around the stick on my SFxT Fightstick Pro (Madcatz).
After looking around online a bit, Im pretty sure the part I need to replace is the Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT.
If this is the right part, will it work just by plugging it in via the little 5 prong connection, or would it need to be some kind of special Madcatz variant?

I don't think Madcatz alters the wiring on those joystick assemblies, so you should be able to just drop the new one in there.

Edit: Looks like the stick is welded to the top plate though. You might have trouble getting the old one out and installing the new one if that's the case.

Edit2: Seems to be just the mounting plate that's welded on. Joystick assembly is just screwed onto that.

Gief lariat hitbox is kinda bonkers now.

I've run into Giefs who just do it in neutral randomly, and it eats pokes sometimes.

I'd be shocked if Itazan doesn't do some damage this year.

I don't think Madcatz alters the wiring on those joystick assemblies, so you should be able to just drop the new one in there.

Edit: Looks like the stick is welded to the top plate though. You might have trouble getting the old one out and installing the new one if that's the case.

Edit2: Seems to be just the mounting plate that's welded on. Joystick assembly is just screwed onto that.

Cool. Thanks. Initially, I was gonna chuck the whole stick in the trash, but for less than $25 I think its worth trying the replacement part.

HardRojo

So I decided to come back to the city (Lima) today and sort my phone stuff early tomorrow, played some SFV today and it felt amazing to confirm CH cr.MP into cr.HP with Urien for some damage. Little by little I start getting more familiar with him, still have trouble against some characters but I'm feeling more comfortable now.

trixx

Where's Daigo's tier list?

it was in his stream, not really tier list just characters that are notable; Gief and Guile are "monsters" to him.

off the top he mentioned: Rashid, Laura, Dhalsim, idk if he said Boxer or Dictator(?) im guessing boxer, Urien and can't remember rest but somewhere in his stream.

Also he's most likely maining Guile and Fuudo sticking with Mika

I hope season 2 lasts longer, kinda wished Season 1 was a bit longer tbh, just cause i thought more could've been explored.

ElFly

Zangief called 'monster' by player who will not main it

news at eleven

Gief lariat hitbox is kinda bonkers now.

I've run into Giefs who just do it in neutral randomly, and it eats pokes sometimes.

I'd be shocked if Itazan doesn't do some damage this year.

jokes aside it is indeed really good. it has insane recovery tho. if you whiff people can dash in and do their choice combo

today I actually beat an akuma one _round_ doing nothing but Lariat. the other two rounds he wisened up and managed to beat me but the second round was really close. in the later rounds I actually fucked up and did other things than lariat, like jumping and punching, but they all missed anyway

eating pokes with it is...risky. but sometimes works

Good shit to Flux for pissing off Flash Metroid. You made it brother. I'm also struggling in S2 even though I was never as good as you, but I'm still trying to adapt to Akuma and just keeping in mind that it took me months for Nash to click so I'm not stressing it.

In other news, what if Rashid was in SF2?

SNES RAAA SHIII DOOOO

Rashid keeps proving that he has the greatest ever SF theme.

Neoxon

I don't know what's taking so long for my new JLF to come in the mail. I really want to hit the lab to get some Urien combos down without having to worry about randomly-dropped down-charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom