• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

tumblr_nld9laCpuL1tbvx4ho1_1280.jpg

When's this Juri

Sayad

Seems pretty fair to me. The amount of inputs were like he was writing an essay. If it was the other way around it would have been a 5 hit combo into a super for same damage.
Getting a full cr.HP combo after a grab is definitely not fair, and that's from a Urien player. ;p

Marvel

could never
Watching some videos of S2 Bison, if would seem during vtrigger you can cMP, vskillfireball then scissor kick to continue the combo. But I can't get it to come out. Any tips?

3 things I seriously need to improve on regarding my FANG.

(i) Work on squeezing out as much damage and mixup potential as possible from my anti airs.

(ii)Work on being able to use light or medium slide to get through fireballs.

(iii)Work on my post sotoja setups since some of them have changed with Season 2.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
https://youtu.be/vjW6TxCqZAo
Very first combo.

The cMP, stored FB into the vtriggered scissor kick. The kick just won't come out. Trying to figure out if it's my timing or not fast enough input.

You're probably doing it too early. The timing takes a little getting used to since it's not a cancel. You have to wait for the VS fireball's animation to expire then input scissors.

Marvel

could never
You're probably doing it too early. The timing takes a little getting used to since it's not a cancel. You have to wait for the VS fireball's animation to expire then input scissors.
Ahhhhhh, yes I was doing it too fast. Thanks man! it works

Lulubop

Damn even daigo is a Gkef believer. What's up Japan being so high on him? Ultradavid is very confused

Itazan must have everyone shook

Damn even daigo is a Gkef believer. What's up Japan being so high on him? Ultradavid is very confused
Not following the top tier train but tbh stLK xx Lariat is the truth. Low commitment button that confirms into a knockdown in a game with no meterless reversals and you're Gief is nasty. Not to mention all his worse matchups got nerfed, Sim aside.

Moaradin

Gief is a character I'm totally OK with being top tier. Even if I'm scared as fuck whenever I fight him. Hell, I play Urien, and I admit that matchup is heavily in my favor. Yet fighting Gief is still one of the scariest things in the game for me.

Vega is fine. After seeing all the changes I feel like at a good 18-20 or so of the characters will be perfectly viable. Just be happy you aren't an Alex, Nash, Birdie or Fang main. I'll admit that even those four could improve over the next few months, but not enough to move past mid tier at best.

Moaradin

Vega is fine. After seeing all the changes I feel like at a good 18-20 or so of the characters will be perfectly viable. Just be happy you aren't an Alex, Nash, Birdie or Fang main. I'll admit that even those four could improve over the next few months, but not enough to move past mid tier at best.

What's wrong with Birdie? He seems super good right now.

Devid905

https://www.facebook.com/shinxkira/posts/350389755343927
Street Fighter V: Stage Extra Settings (Datamining)

I found a bunch of options in the last hidden update of sfv, one of them is extra settings of stage, this option works as follows, you have the option to change the weather (rainy, sunny, fog among other more options, and schedule of the stage Changing, enter day, afternoon and evening, there are many things to be explored in relation to that, I thought it was actually looking at the stage of akuma in the editor room XD

PS: at the right time I post videos and prints in relation to that.
Interesting.....

DJwest

Hi guys, I need help. I'm having difficulties completing Survival in normal with a lot of characters and I'd really like to unlock Juri! I've completed the mode will all shotos, Cammy and Rashid. Anytime I tried with other characters, Nash Necalli and Bison wreck me in the last stages. So I'm shamelessly asking GAF, are there any other character with a spammable move that can make me complete Survival in normal? I think I need to complete it at least 5 more times to have enough FM to unlock Juri. Thanks!

What's wrong with Birdie? He seems super good right now.
Birdie feels like the one case that could go either way, but I think he'll end up pretty strong in the end because he has such strong command grabs, huge damage, a projectile and great normals. Like, if I had to recommend a grappler to someone Birdie would definitely be one of my top three choices.

Hi guys, I need help. I'm having difficulties completing Survival in normal with a lot of characters and I'd really like to unlock Juri! I've completed the mode will all shotos, Cammy and Rashid. Anytime I tried with other characters, Nash Necalli and Bison wreck me in the last stages. So I'm shamelessly asking GAF, are there any other character with a spammable move that can make me complete Survival in normal? I think I need to complete it at least 5 more times to have enough FM to unlock Juri. Thanks!
Pick Urien (if you have him) and spam knee.

Also tip against AI Bison is to just turtle, he'll eventually do something punishable. (Light Scissor Kick and Infernos mainly) If he has VTrigger wait till he uses all his meter.

DJwest

Pick Urien (if you have him) and spam knee.

Also tip against AI Bison is to just turtle, he'll eventually do something punishable. (Light Scissor Kick and Infernos mainly) If he has VTrigger wait till he uses all his meter.
I do have Urien, thanks. I'll give it a try. Any other suggestions?

Laura's elbow, Birdie's chain, Chun-Li's kicks, Nash has his sonic boom, could probably use Karin's sweep, Giefs jab, Necali's vskill, Dhalsim is another easy one with his MP and MK.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This was part of the original Ken Bogard leaks, actually. It's just taken forever to actually make it way in game.
So did they just strip the alternative versions of some of these stages from this system and sold them separately? Because that's what it looks like lol

Man, are they really still finishing features they were planing two years ago?

Moaradin

He could combo double cr hp after throwing someone into aegis?

No but he could still combo cr. HP single juggle into whatever after throwing someone into aegis. Still the same concept. The multiple juggle cr. HP thing is a byproduct of his anti air buffs, which were needed IMO.

I think him having more combo potential with his cr. HP is fine, since they did take away his optimal headbutt loop combos. Reasonable trade off :p

So did they just strip the alternative versions of some of these stages from this system and sold them separately? Because that's what it looks like lol

Man, are they really still finishing features they were planing two years ago?

Maybe...

This weather system could be a totally different thing that was developed after the alt stages were created. They were in the game at launch and were released to purchase later on. The alt stages also lack NPCs and these weather effects might also apply to the stages with NPCs.

But its also possible the alt stages were stripped in order to put more stuff in the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom