• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
it's not fun getting your ass beat by anyone. it's bound to happen. I've had my ass handed to me all sorts of characters though it's not that there's certain characters that it only happens.

This is me any time I play GAF peeps. You guys are beasts. It's fine. I learn from it and do have fun, to be honest. It makes me better when I play my own group of friends for sure.

joe2187

Banned
Oh god, let me count the ways how I hate rashid....just

I feel like I really am playing against a hurricane with him, I push a button...Im dead, I think about pushing a button Im dead.

Edzi

Oh god, let me count the ways how I hate rashid....just

I feel like I really am playing against a hurricane with him, I push a button...Im dead, I think about pushing a button Im dead.

Don't push any buttons. Sometimes this legitimately confuses them, but it's easier said than done.

FluxWaveZ

he let me do it for a long time

Yeah, but nothing about the V-Skill's frame data (except for the almost-meaningless armor thing) has changed, so it's the same speed as in Season 1.

I tried real hard to start using the Mic more. Even thought the permanent buff might be a key asset for her during week 2 of S2, and that part of her game plan would be establishing Mic setups. Nope. Still the worst V-Skill in the entire game and pretty much useless, because you can be doing something more useful 99% of the time that you'd be using Mic instead.

If they wanted it to be used more, they can't do anything else but make it faster.

AlexIIDX

I wish I was better at this game. I love watching higher level play and I can see the strategies each player is using and its like a chess match. Then I go online and I can't even think cause im getting rushed down like crazy and it seems like they never stop pressing buttons and I just get fucked up. I end up getting too angry and quit.

joe2187

Banned
Yeah, but nothing about the V-Skill's frame data (except for the almost-meaningless armor thing) has changed, so it's the same speed as in Season 1.

I tried real hard to start using the Mic more. Even thought the permanent buff might be a key asset for her during week 2 of S2, and that part of her game plan would be establishing Mic setups. Nope. Still the worst V-Skill in the entire game and pretty much useless, because you can be doing something more useful 99% of the time that you'd be using Mic instead.

If they wanted it to be used more, they can't do anything else but make it faster.

yeah, but you get the buff regardless, so it's still very useful for how I play.

It's great for baiting, and when you time it properly canceling out fireballs. It's a godsend against turtle guiles since I can just eat two sonic booms with it pretty much with the mic and the armor. Not to mention it makes people impatient.

if the mic hits from halfway across the screen you can confirm it into H flying peach and EX flying peach.

if you get it up close you can pretty much hit confirm it into any combo of hers. She's basically got a very situational parry. I use it for wakeup DPs when they dont have meter and I get a nice heavy punish for free.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Since S2 started Laura,Ibuki,Birdie and Urien became the hardest match ups to me, while s1 it was Laura,mika,ken and Ryu.

Well i don't know who you play but, Laura Bison is 9-1 matchup. I dont care what anyone says. I still feel i can find a hit with ibuki and urien. Birdie feels like a serious struggle in the neutral for me. Its' a satisfying fight when you win but man its a struggle when you come across a player that knows how to really utilize v skills. Not like you can't get out of the corners but it's a serious war of attrition.

Well i don't know who you play but, Laura Bison is 9-1 matchup. I dont care what anyone says. I still feel i can find a hit with ibuki and urien. Birdie feels like a serious struggle in the neutral for me. Its' a satisfying fight when you win but man its a struggle when you come across a player that knows how to really utilize v skills. Not like you can't get out of the corners but it's a serious war of attrition.

I couldn't touch a good Laura S1 with Bison. I don't want to fight a good one S2.

joe2187

Banned
You're making me want to try out ibuki again, but i just dont like how she controls in this game.

Even though she was my favorite in 3S and SF4

FluxWaveZ

Bisons this season have too much confidence. Always in my face pressing crap. I recommend watching the replays of a Bison main called "Goumaru." Dude's Bison is nuts.

FluxWaveZ

I watched a video, and this dude isn't on Galtu's level.

I imagine that's a top level Bison player? All I know is that the only Bison I've played who has so little sense of self-preservation that it loops back around to being really scary is Goumaru in S2. Crush Counter city unless I make it a goal to be more aggressive than he is.

I imagine that's a top level Bison player? All I know is that the only Bison I've played who has so little sense of self-preservation that it loops back around to being really scary is Goumaru in S2. Crush Counter city unless I make it a goal to be more aggressive than he is.
He's continually top 10 in ranked with Bison.

wrongway

Looks like SFV made into Bronze for 100 best seller of 2016 on Steam. Heh

Hah, I saw that earlier too. Not sure how to feel about it. The core gameplay's so fun, but everything else still feels so rough. I can overlook the singleplayer stuff since I'm not too concerned with fighting AI, but it sucks that the netcode and matchmaking are still as wonky as when I bailed ~8 months ago. Still feels like an alpha/early access game. :(

So apparently, you can cause a lag spike when disconnecting the input device

https://twitter.com/FGC_Tali/status/816096420411359234

fucking lol

joe2187

Banned
Lets see

Lets see if I can google some tasteful R Mika art to replace Ibuki for my avatar

Maybe I should try Devian--OHMYGOD!

I cant unsee some of this...I

I....I have so many questions.

You're making me want to try out ibuki again, but i just dont like how she controls in this game.

Even though she was my favorite in 3S and SF4

She's pretty boring compared to 3S, but I still like what she can pull off in context to V. Doing dash mix-ups just feels good, though you have to do it sparingly. I do feel she's too reliant on EX kunai(or maybe just I am lol)

Her bomb is also kinda underwhelming, since v-reversal just kills it. The best way to use it is on hit, so it's kinda just a combo extender most of the time.

joe2187

Banned
Questions?

One would think it's fairly straightforward.

r__mika_muscle_mod_video_up_on_youtube__by_ripped_pixels-dasobwh.jpg

Zackat

Lets see

Lets see if I can google some tasteful R Mika art to replace Ibuki for my avatar

Maybe I should try Devian--OHMYGOD!

I cant unsee some of this...I

I....I have so many questions.

I think I actually cut out a mika image from deadendthrills when I was learning photoshop that looked pretty cool. I can find it for you if you want.

Timestamp of my set with James Chen. I love how he automatically thought I was a ragequitter lol. I made some really dumb mistakes here too.

https://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv/v/111669218?t=03h44m59s

Edit: His entire chat was just calling me scrubs till I beat his ass damn. I just forgot how to anti air in that set tbh

stream monsters gonna stream monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom