• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

Alex is really dangerous vs. Guile from about 2/3 screen to outside of Guile's backfist range, where he can footsie with s.HK. Headbutts and EX elbows are very effective against Guile from 1/2 to 2/3 screen range, then rely on oki/baiting flash kicks after knocking down with one of those or a s.HK CC combo.

We really need to play more, I've gotta work on that matchup.

Honestly, I think its a result of Capcom observing just how botched the last few 'outsourced' efforts have been for them. They probably felt that the reduction in quality, which you typically find in outsourced work, was no longer worth the price-tag. I have confidence that they will launch MvC:I when its ready - I think they gave it a late 2017 date so they could use Q1 2018 as a backup.

But yeah, seeing how both the network engineering for SFV was outsourced, and a lot of the modes & other such things from DIMPS is an outsource job that they then further outsourced by having small arthouses do contract work for specific characters, I imagine Capcom now realizes they need to have a more hands-on approach with their output.

Don't be surprised if my predicted 'Super' SFV that I predict is being announced this year will be an in-house production at Capcom.
I might cry tears of joy... So much of the little things are missing in SFV that really makes it feel the love and care Capcom is usually known for, only went towards making the 1v1 combat feel good and smooth. A "world tour" like mode for the casual peeps, character intros like the famous "fist bump". Training mode with Dan in the background telling jokes. AI modes where you can train your fighter and use him against other players. It just feels like a lot of this stuff would be the logical next evolution of Street Fighter, and I just don't get why they thought it was a good idea to release one of the most important brands ever in a barebones state instead of using something like Rival School or Dark Stalkers in its place.

stn

IMO, Guile is one of Alex's harder matchups. I think this is the best Guile has been at zoning since the days of SF2. Which is okay since he's likely the only pure projectile zoner in SFV.

I might cry tears of joy... So much of the little things are missing in SFV that really makes it feel the love and care Capcom is usually known for, only went towards making the 1v1 combat feel good and smooth. A "world tour" like mode for the casual peeps, character intros like the famous "fist bump". Training mode with Dan in the background telling jokes. AI modes where you can train your fighter and use him against other players. It just feels like a lot of this stuff would be the logical next evolution of Street Fighter, and I just don't get why they thought it was a good idea to release one of the most important brands ever in a barebones state instead of using something like Rival School or Dark Stalkers in its place.

I wonder if a relaunch is part of their 30th Anniversary plans.

We really need to play more, I've gotta work on that matchup.

I should be on for a bit tonight if you wanna get some games in, after I get home from work in about 3 hours or so.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
By this point I'm wondering if they do have another big thing planned. It just doesn't make sense to me how they never even tried to address little things like Ken's ridiculous clipping and stuff like that.
The only explanation for me is that they are already working on something that would replace it anyway. But you never know, Capcom has a long history of disappointing fans.

Edzi

Why does Bison float behind you when he does his stomp follow up attack? It always makes me instinctively block for the crossup and I get hit.

ElFly

By this point I'm wondering if they do have another big thing planned. It just doesn't make sense to me how they never even tried to address little things like Ken's ridiculous clipping and stuff like that.
The only explanation for me is that they are already working on something that would replace it anyway. But you never know, Capcom has a long history of disappointing fans.

I think they have something planned for the anniversary but would not be surprised if it is like...a stage, or best, pie in the sky case, Arcade mode (complete with bad Bengus drawings for the endings)

Going by the blog post and the last translated New Year's Eve update, something new marking the 30th anniversary of the Street Fighter series which takes place this year is planned.

Capcom puts out discs for almost everything. It seems inevitable that there will be a SFV compilation disc of some kind, and it'll be treated as somewhat of a relaunch, given that they've released discs for stuff like the Resident Evil HD remasters and Mega Man Legacy Collection, as well as Killer Instinct's release model, which Capcom seems to be paying at least a little bit of attention to.

Throw Sagat on it as a 30th Anniversary bonus, Capcom, with a SF1 Nostalgia Costume, both free to early adopters.
No chance.

MrCarter

I wouldn't want to set myself up for disappointment (that's an understatement regarding SFV launch) so I'll keep my expectations for anything big to a minimum. I'm enjoying the game as it is now and I'm looking forward to the new, unique characters only, anything else is a bonus.

mbpm1

Ucchedavāda;227608316 said:
Good news everyone, for the 30th Anniversary of the Street Fighter franchise, Street Fighter V is finally leaving Early Access!

"The developer updated the version to 1.0, but it still has many of the bugs that I experienced during Version 0.2A. They haven't announced they're going to fix any of these bugs for months and the developer is nowhere to be found. Not recommended."

-Most Early Access games

Capcom puts out discs for almost everything. It seems inevitable that there will be a SFV compilation disc of some kind, and it'll be treated as somewhat of a relaunch, given that they've released discs for stuff like the Resident Evil HD remasters and Mega Man Legacy Collection, as well as Killer Instinct's release model, which Capcom seems to be paying at least a little bit of attention to.

Throw Sagat on it as a 30th Anniversary bonus, Capcom, with a SF1 Nostalgia Costume, both free to early adopters.
No chance.

Early adopters? What about beta participants?

LakeEarth

The VS screen clipping is the most ridiculous thing I've seen allowed in a major title. The constant clipping during the IDLE animation has been a known problem from the betas. Birdie's necklace constantly clipping through his chain was noted by me from beta 2 (IIRC), and it is still there. I know it is a small thing, but it just screams "unpolished" when you see it.

What's worse is the "failed to send data to server" error, which would happen in more than half of the online matches. No hyperbole. Worse yet, the last season 1 patch seemed to fix (or greatly reduce) this problem, just for it to spring back up in the season 2 patch. The fuck? Did they forget?

Seik

Banned
Bought my first character with FM yesterday; Akuma!

He's really cool, but what a fucking shame that his classic costume is locked behind a 5,49$ wall...can't even buy with FM. :(((

It's been a solid while since I last played, probably like 4 months at least...I played a couple of ranked and got bodied 6 times and won 4 times, which is reasonable to me after all this time. :p

tariniel

So despite the apparent "buffs" Bison got in S2 I'm just not enjoying him as much as S1. He feels slow despite gaining a 3F normal. The increased startup on Psycho Axe and other normals just feels awful. Anyone else not really happy with him? Some of his new combos are neat and he does so much stun which is nice though.

I'm considering trying to learn Zangief but I know I'll just get angry because I have no idea how to play grapplers. Maybe I should give in and play someone with a fast walkspeed for a change. Tempted to buy Akumer but I'd probably have an issue with his low health and I have zero fireball game since I've never seriously played a character with a projectile.

"The developer updated the version to 1.0, but it still has many of the bugs that I experienced during Version 0.2A. They haven't announced they're going to fix any of these bugs for months and the developer is nowhere to be found. Not recommended."

-Most Early Access games

To be honest, I've had better luck with the EA games I've purchased, compared to SFV, both with regards to being released in a polished state and in terms of post-v1.0 support.

Edzi

Holy shit, I could deal with the failure to retrieve data messages, but now I'm consistently getting failure to send data errors which means points just straight up aren't registering. WTF is wrong with their poverty servers?

So despite the apparent "buffs" Bison got in S2 I'm just not enjoying him as much as S1. He feels slow despite gaining a 3F normal. The increased startup on Psycho Axe and other normals just feels awful. Anyone else not really happy with him? Some of his new combos are neat and he does so much stun which is nice though.

I'm considering trying to learn Zangief but I know I'll just get angry because I have no idea how to play grapplers. Maybe I should give in and play someone with a fast walkspeed for a change. Tempted to buy Akumer but I'd probably have an issue with his low health.

This is a problem with a lot of the cast now, they slowed down the most used buttons (mediums) for some reason.

The more time I spend with this season, the more I like it. The fact that there's actually a back and forth instead of one character getting a jump in and killing you is a welcome change of pace.

Man, I'm actually excited for the S2 DLC characters. They're going to be something we've never seen before in terms of SF characters so I'm expecting unique playstyles.

Which is pissing me off all the more that we know next to nothing about them.

Man, I'm actually excited for the S2 DLC characters. They're going to be something we've never seen before in terms of SF characters so I'm expecting unique playstyles.

Same here.
I hope that they announce / tease the first character soon. While Akuma was obviously not that long ago, I am actually more excited for what the rest of Season 2 might bring, compared to him.

I just wonder if Capcom can actually pull off a season without any character leaks .. maybe we should make a poll and see how many characters people expect to be leaked throughout this season. From what I remember, they teased Akuma pretty heavily themselves, but he was never actually leaked, so I guess they are off to a good start (
never mind the beta build being leaked
).

Moaradin

I keep getting super Ultra Silvers as Super Gold, is that normal? this win streak doesn't feel right.

That LP gap isn't that large so maybe. Kinda hard to say what qualifies as being in your matchmaking range. It seems to be a few ranks below and above you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom