• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK9039

That LP gap isn't that large so maybe. Kinda hard to say what qualifies as being in your matchmaking range. It seems to be a few ranks below and above you.

I just got beat up by a super silver, fuck em.

Seriously though, Laura is such a bastard.

RK9039

Something really weird just happend, Zangief EX air grabbed me while I was on the ground.

Can someone explain that? I have the match saved so I'll upload it tomorrow.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That's impossible unless you did a move that's airborne during its animation

edit: A backdash is airborne for a few frames.

RK9039

Okay I'll upload it tomorrow as I don't have time right now, get ready to laugh though. I watched the replay a few times.

Actually just search for my user: HowCanSheSlap

and watch that last ranked match with Zangief (I'll play casual now), go to the last round at around 56 seconds. Like I said get ready to laugh because it's by far the most silliest thing I've seen in this game so far.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That was a big thing in SF4, because backdashes were so good. Gief and Hugo players would guess one and land their air Ultra. It's rare in SFV because backdashing is worse.

RK9039

That was a big thing in SF4, because backdashes were so good. Gief and Hugo players would guess one and land their air Ultra. It's rare in SFV because backdashing is worse.

Look at my inputs on the right:

streetfighterv2017-01xds62.jpg

It was a backdash. That's so dumb lol.

RK9039

Been a thing for a while. Usually don't see it bc people don't backdash defensively like that usually

Yeah I've never seen anything like that before that's why I'm so surprised. I don't understand how a backdash can make me magically teleport into the air, but whatever I guess.

Yeah I've never seen anything like that before that's why I'm so surprised. I don't understand how a backdash can make me magically teleport into the air, but whatever I guess.

As it was mentioned before, it was a thing in SF4 because backdashes were so good. They had i-frames, and if you got tagged you could just keep doing it since getting hit meant you were moving backwards anyways. The airborne change was so that if they're hit, they do an air reset, land, then they can move again.

This led to some cool strategies with certain characters since they could predict the backdash and use one of their anti-air Ultras.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I just beat the #70 ranked player worldwide 2-1 who was using Birdie, my worst match-up. Time to retire.

ElFly

Yeah I think I did a backdash but it teleported me into his arms in the air... how does that work?

the range on light and Ex air SPD is GIGANTIC. it's a big box in front of zangief, so as long as you were at the height of his feet, you were in range

it's also 3f of active grab, unlike the rest of the grabs which generally is 2

RK9039

the range on light and Ex air SPD is GIGANTIC. it's a big box in front of zangief, so as long as you were at the height of his feet, you were in range

it's also 3f of active grab, unlike the rest of the grabs which generally is 2

I've seen Zangief whiff that so many times with me whizzing all around him so I was surprised that teleport shit was even a thing.

ElFly

I've seen Zangief whiff that so many times with me whizzing all around him so I was surprised that teleport shit was even a thing.

it has its uses; sometimes I misjump a fireball and it can stop you in midair saving you, tho the recovery is so bad you can still be punished, sometimes worse than eating the fireball

also, it is unreliable as fuck, but you can jump in and if you get anti aired from the side, there is a chance to grab them instead

Edzi

GuileBootCamp, you're crazy if you think this matchup is good for Alex. He literally has to guess to get in, and once he's in almost anything I can do leads us back to neutral where Guile is back to advantage.

I think Guile def. has the slight advantage overall.

stn

GuileBootCamp, you're crazy if you think this matchup is good for Alex. He literally has to guess to get in, and once he's in almost anything I can do leads us back to neutral where Guile is back to advantage.

I think Guile def. has the slight advantage overall.
Personally, I think Guile is one of Alex's worst matchups.

It's definitely not good for him at all. There are just a couple things he can exploit pretty easily. It's still in Guile's favor, though.

One thing that I'm noticing is that Guile has a pretty hard time dealing with headbutt if you catch him starting to walk back. Works well against back sobats, too. Stomps are only really useful up close, because otherwise he can react with a flash kick or walk back. There's a lot of times too I'm neutral jumping when I read a command grab. If you didn't do the command grab, you can catch me with a knee drop.

Edzi

Geez, are you reacting to the EX sound? Not sure how you're getting those flashkicks out so fast. I'm impressed.

Edzi

Reacting to seeing Alex leave the ground. The EX flash makes it a little easier.

Doesn't feel like Alex can do much against people who have really good reactions to his approaches (at least, I'm not used to it since people around my level can't react to the stomps/grabs/dashes like you do). I feel like he can't really play footsies against Guile either due to his slow buttons, which hurts. The only reason you lost the second set is because you were being really stubborn about not jumping to avoid my wakeup grabs, but I almost lost it once you slowed down and started flashkicking everything.

Edzi

It's definitely not good for him at all. There are just a couple things he can exploit pretty easily. It's still in Guile's favor, though.

One thing that I'm noticing is that Guile has a pretty hard time dealing with headbutt if you catch him starting to walk back. Works well against back sobats, too. Stomps are only really useful up close, because otherwise he can react with a flash kick or walk back. There's a lot of times too I'm neutral jumping when I read a command grab. If you didn't do the command grab, you can catch me with a knee drop.

GGs man, close sets. The only reason I won any of those is because you play way too passively on wakeup, so I snuck in way too many grabs. You started jumping more in the last few rounds though, so that was good.

GGs man, close sets. The only reason I won any of those is because you play way too passively on wakeup, so I snuck in way too many grabs. You started jumping more in the last few rounds though, so that was good.

GGs. The mind games were getting pretty crazy that last set. One thing I need to get in habit of remembering is that Guile's HK Flash Kick is the throw invincible one, now. A couple times I had the read on the dash up grab and ate it because I used the LK version.

Edzi

GGs. The mind games were getting pretty crazy that last set. One thing I need to get in habit of remembering is that Guile's HK Flash Kick is the throw invincible one, now. A couple times I had the read on the dash up grab and ate it because I used the LK version.

I didn't even know he had a throw invincible non ex fk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom