• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

stn

So, I caved and bought USF4 for PS4. There are so many things I hate about the game and yet I've played it 120+ hours AND bought it on 360, PS3, and now PS4. Sheer madness.

Add me if you want to play USF4, SFV, or KOF14. PSN is stnhdr, CFN is also stnhdr.

Please add, I need friends! I hate having to always look for random people.

Fair enough lol. Tell you what, you ever make it to Pakistan or the middle east, hit me up. Vice versa if I make it to the US.

It's a promise...
tenor.gif

This would be even better if Luce played Ryu

The Prima Guide was actually pretty good reference guide. It discusses general move usage, like when to apply a special or limitations of a normal, and had visual imagery displaying the hit and hurtboxes. The TAP app is overall better, but the guide was real good about getting casual and garbage players like myself up to speed.

The better the information is compiled, the better for everyone. And I could have sworn they said they'd keep it updated for Season 2. Ah well, I'll just have to write down a bunch of notes when I see Balrog stuff.

air legs is -2 though god damn

Capcom took it too far. Shouldve been -1 or 0 lol
Seems they want the throwbait moves to be -2 oB, same situation with Guile's UDK.

Though Akuma's f+hp is +1 oB but then again, Akuma with 875 health and like no range to his attacks.

The Prima Guide was actually pretty good reference guide. It discusses general move usage, like when to apply a special or limitations of a normal, and had visual imagery displaying the hit and hurtboxes. The TAP app is overall better, but the guide was real good about getting casual and garbage players like myself up to speed.

The better the information is compiled, the better for everyone. And I could have sworn they said they'd keep it updated for Season 2. Ah well, I'll just have to write down a bunch of notes when I see Balrog stuff.

That shouldn't be a thing in 2017.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Jcn4ShIAg

ElFly

Did they buff Gief?

Im seeing a lot more Giefs and in general having a tougher time then I used to with him.

My command grabs get snuffed out by his, 100% of the time and Im getting super bodied by him now.

lariat hits low now so it is better near. it also combos easier, tho they took away the old bnb lariat combo

other changes are frame data stuff; he has an easier time mixing up due to this

JayEH

If you are a person who isn't trash at the game.

I can't even dash punch out of the v-skill reliably yet.

I just want my braindead Rog from 4 back. Is that too much to ask for?!

I think boxer is much easier in this game. Yeah in 4 you could jab jab short head butt ultra but in this game he has target combos and a dp so you don't always need to keep charge and charge times in general are stupidly short compared to 4. Not to mention he actually has mixups now with his v skill and v trigger.

jett

D-Member
Ucchedavāda;227641082 said:
Saw on /r/StreetFighter that the "Director of Licensing & Consumer Products at Capcom", and more, posted the following earlier today:

https://twitter.com/diamonon/status/816529321711968257

It's a bit of a childish tweet, but it is (mildly) promising to see Capcom making more and more noise about SFV.

EDIT: Also tweeted

https://twitter.com/diamonon/status/816530616229335041

What a baby, but that gives us a time-line at least.

How can this dude have a such a high level position? He sounds like your average internet dweeb.

Has anyone else been running into people who just have light kick on turbo for the whole match? They're idling to earn xp for fight money, I would guess. I keep running into these people in casual match making and it's really annoying and a huge waste of time for me.

Has anyone else been running into people who just have light kick on turbo for the whole match? They're idling to earn xp for fight money, I would guess. I keep running into these people in casual match making and it's really annoying and a huge waste of time for me.

think of it as free XP

I can't say that I have, but I am tempted to try this to unlock level 50 colors

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
How can this dude have a such a high level position? He sounds like your average internet dweeb.
The guy is actually pretty oldschool:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jdiamonon

Just sounds like that on Twitter, I guess.

Yep, but way less than in the past.
Best thing is when you get that same lk spammer three times in a row.

Village

so thats what that is?

huh, i've been geeting free points off of em

I agree with you on this, Frame data should be available in-game. You shouldn't have to go outside the game's training mode just to know how a particular move can be punished.

UMvC3 on vita had a hitbox viewer. I would have thought they would begin including it on future releases but I am not sure what happened.

Well they were hit-circles or whatever at least it was a step in the right direction.

Saw on /r/StreetFighter that the "Director of Licensing & Consumer Products at Capcom", and more, posted the following earlier today:

It's a bit of a childish tweet, but it is (mildly) promising to see Capcom making more and more noise about SFV.

Hope this doesn't turn into Capcom USA says/promises one thing and Capcom Japan gets pissed at them committing to dates and releases that they haven't dicussed/can't meet and then the playerbase gets pissed like last year.

A couple of times, with the last one being a FANG who just kept pressing HP.

And yes, it's such a waste of time.

Zackat

Reads like "You will be ashamed of your words and deeds"

Hope they put up the goods.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
At this point it's not about something like Sagat for me. I want them to finally fix the rest of the game.

The only things that are left for me with this game are:
An Arcade Mode
QoL fixes like no thumbs up
Netcode improvements (to be fair, this game hasn't been terrible comparatively)
Shorter loading times
Updated trials (lol not gonna happen)
Some sort of tutorial mode that helps new players get in ala KI.

That's really about it. Everything else, like another story mode and such, is just gravy.

It's easier said than done, but the goals should pretty much be a check list of features at this point.

- World Tour/Quest Mode (I guess this is Extra battle mode)
- Arcade Mode
- More characters/stages/costumes
- Improve net code further
- Pro graphical update

Bonus Stuff

- More varied Daily challenges
- Maybe Improve Trials/Training *
- Maybe AI mode *

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Wait...how many hits can Gief's non-V-Trigger V-Skill absorb? Wasn't that limited?

It's easier said than done, but the goals should pretty much be a check list of features at this point.

- Arcade Mode
- Pro graphical update

Bonus Stuff

- Maybe AI mode *
Loading times is way up there for me.

JayEH

Another set of battle outfits would be nice. Ridiculous some characters have like 5 costumes while others still only have 2. Arcade mode must be coming when the arcade version come out.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
The only things that are left for me with this game are:
An Arcade Mode
QoL fixes like no thumbs up
Netcode improvements (to be fair, this game hasn't been terrible comparatively)
Shorter loading times
Updated trials (lol not gonna happen)
Some sort of tutorial mode that helps new players get in ala KI.

That's really about it. Everything else, like another story mode and such, is just gravy.
Battle lounge browser improvements are number one for me. If you're going to show such a short list of results, why do they range from rookie to ultra diamond, and locations all over the world? Buy more fucking servers so you can process search requests including actual search criteria!

(There aren't more pages of lounges that I've completely overlooked this whole time, are there??)

- Arcade Mode
- Pro graphical update

Bonus Stuff

- Maybe AI mode *

Loading times (on ps4) and a pro update are what I am looking forward to the most.

New characters/stages/costumes are a given.

AND LET MY TRAINING MODE SETTINGS SAVE.

MrCarter

For me it's:

- Huge overhaul of the FM model in terms of how much it can actually give you per battle. Give around 200 for a win and 100 for a loss.
- Massive UI changes and bring it to something like Overwatch's - implement how costumes/colours are viewed/bought in that game in SFV.
- The newly released or season costumes would also be shown on main screen like Overwatch.
- Do a sort of lootbox system too like how mobile games do but without the gambling aspect. You can only buy the boxes with FM or when you level up.
- An arcade mode (?), don't really care for this but I know a lot casuals do, so as long as it stops them from whining it's a plus.
- Netcode infrastructure improvements, fix up lobbies, add chat, region filters and tourney mode (which gives FM accordingly from winner - losers).
- Shorten load times.
- Save training mode settings and add in frame data.
- Extra Battle.
- A world tour type mode.

mooncakes

Echo Fox signs Justin Wong, Momochi, Tokido, Sonic Fox, and MKLeo in stunning FGC move

Street Fighter V pros Justin Wong, Hajime “Tokido” Taniguchi, Yusuke Momochi, and Yuko “ChocoBlanka” Momochi, Mortal Kombat X players Dominique “SonicFox” McLean and Brad “Scar” Vaughn, Super Smash Bros. Wii U player Leonardo “MKLeo” Lopez Perez, and former Evil Geniuses FGC manager Antonio Javier have all signed on to Echo Fox, the organization has revealed exclusively to Yahoo Esports.

This team is stacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom