• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

#1 is clearly Helen/Kolin.

Iori makes total sense for #2 though.
That brings up an interesting question? Will they call her Helen or Kolin? And if they go with Helen, do you think they'll give her a Nostalgic or Story Costume where her name is changed to Kolin?

Ryce

That brings up an interesting question? Will they call her Helen or Kolin? And if they go with Helen, do you think they'll give her a Nostalgic or Story Costume where her name is changed to Kolin?
She'll probably be called Helen if her Russian outfit is her default as suggested by the silhouette. It's a pseudonym that most of the SFV roster knows her by.

It'd have to be Helen cause technically Helen is new to the SF universe whereas Kolin was in SF3 but was not playable. Whether Helen was an alias or not is I guess yet to be determined.

Marvel

could never
There are so many other KOF fighters I'd prefer over Iori... but it makes me curious as to what him or any other would look like in the SFV engine.

I'm starting to think S2 is at mess in balance. S1 had issues like Jab AA but that's about it.

Jab AA still works on Nash thanks to his Hurtbox being expanded. Corner escape and Cross ups are literally impossible for Nash

Overheads have been nerfed to -6 but now they can be combed after but than you have Ibuki's who's still is safe on block. Yeah it's slow but slow are the other ones.

Gief now has his Jab aa and Buffed Lariat AA. Nerf one or the other Capcom. You are going against your promise on fixing Jab AA.

Laura ex command throw has projectile invincibility when her EX Shoulders already has armor. WTF Capcom?

Oki throws are still with Rashid and Akuma. I swear it's much harder to tech throws now online when there is lag.

My only issue with S2 is Urien honestly. Why is he plus on literally every single one of his pokes? His throw range is also fucking insane, so many times I got thrown after I backdashed just cause he walked forward a millimeter. This character will be interesting to see evolve over S2, and I wouldn't be surprised if he dominates tournaments.

Producer

I'm starting to think S2 is at mess in balance. S1 had issues like Jab AA but that's about it.

Jab AA still works on Nash thanks to his Hurtbox being expanded. Corner escape and Cross ups are literally impossible for Nash

Overheads have been nerfed to -6 but now they can be combed after but than you have Ibuki's who's still is safe on block. Yeah it's slow but slow are the other ones.

Gief now has his Jab aa and Buffed Lariat AA. Nerf one or the other Capcom. You are going against your promise on fixing Jab AA.

Laura ex command throw has projectile invincibility when her EX Shoulders already has armor. WTF Capcom?

Oki throws are still with Rashid and Akuma. I swear it's much harder to tech throws now online when there is lag.

Play cammy

My only issue with S2 is Urien honestly. Why is he plus on literally every single one of his pokes? His throw range is also fucking insane, so many times I got thrown after I backdashed just cause he walked forward a millimeter. This character will be interesting to see evolve over S2, and I wouldn't be surprised if he dominates tournaments.

I agree. c.MK is too much of an autopilot button, and his crossup hitstun is a bit much, given that it links into his easy and highly damaging BnB without even needing a deep hit. I'm not sure he really needs that throw range anymore, either, now that he has a crossup to make his Aegis mixups better. He's also pretty hard to whiff punish. He could use a few small nerfs, but all that being said, I don't think he's all that ridiculous. He just arguably has the most clearly "unfair" stuff out of the roster right now.

Shackzam

All I ask for is getting rid of the thumbs up for another player to start the match. It ridiculous that this hasn't been fixed yet

Also adding in another boxer couldn't hurt :)

Ranked feels straight up broken right now. First was against a super bronze (me ultra bronze) and ita some guy using an alt account or something as he is aying waaaaay above that level). What ever thats fine the game doesnt know that. He beats me. Then matches me against him again... What ever its good practice and i lose some more.

So thats fine.

Then (at this point im super bronze) i get 2 silvers and a super silver. I beat one of the silvers twice so i got some of my points back but still. At least give the option to search for your skill level or something.

cordy

Banned
It's easier said than done, but the goals should pretty much be a check list of features at this point.

- World Tour/Quest Mode (I guess this is Extra battle mode)
- Arcade Mode
- More characters/stages/costumes
- Improve net code further
- Pro graphical update

Bonus Stuff

- More varied Daily challenges
- Maybe Improve Trials/Training *
- Maybe AI mode *

Yep. Gimme that ASAP.

WOW.

That's like some Shuffle Alliance level shit lol.

Zackat

Ranked feels straight up broken right now. First was against a super bronze (me ultra bronze) and ita some guy using an alt account or something as he is aying waaaaay above that level). What ever thats fine the game doesnt know that. He beats me. Then matches me against him again... What ever its good practice and i lose some more.

So thats fine.

Then (at this point im super bronze) i get 2 silvers and a super silver. I beat one of the silvers twice so i got some of my points back but still. At least give the option to search for your skill level or something.
Those guys are all within your range. You should be looking to beat those fools, not hide away from them.

So thats fine.

SF4 did that, look for players above your skill level, or same level..

I agree. c.MK is too much of an autopilot button, and his crossup hitstun is a bit much, given that it links into his easy and highly damaging BnB without even needing a deep hit. I'm not sure he really needs that throw range anymore, either, now that he has a crossup to make his Aegis mixups better. He's also pretty hard to whiff punish. He could use a few small nerfs, but all that being said, I don't think he's all that ridiculous. He just arguably has the most clearly "unfair" stuff out of the roster right now.

Rolento 4.0. Nemo is playing Urien right?

Those guys are all within your range. You should be looking to beat those fools, not hide away from them.

As some one that has played this game in about ultra bronze since release i can tell you this isnt true or a good way to do a ranking system.

There is a huge difference between skill leves in all the bronze ranks. Thats why so many players (like 80%) are in them.

Now i like playing silvers and i win against them enough. I fact i play plenty in casual matches and its fun. I mainly play casual match because i like the low stress of it compared to ranked and ify son starts crying or something i can just drop the game and go. But having it match you repeatedly against people 2-3 leagues above you is a retarded way to see if you deserve to go up or down your league. Nothing else does it this way. 1 league above? Sure thats fine as its only 500 lp at this point but more starts getting dumb.

If ranked is meant to pit you against people your level and then as you improve you rank up and play better people it does a terrible job about it. No wonder the bronze leagues are so crowded in this game.

VariantX

As some one that has played this game in about ultra bronze since release i can tell you this isnt true or a good way to do a ranking system.

There is a huge difference between skill leves in all the bronze ranks. Thats why so many players (like 80%) are in them.

Now i like playing silvers and i win against them enough. I fact i play plenty in casual matches and its fun. I mainly play casual match because i like the low stress of it compared to ranked and ify son starts crying or something i can just drop the game and go. But having it match you repeatedly against people 2-3 leagues above you is a retarded way to see if you deserve to go up or down your league. Nothing else does it this way. 1 league above? Sure thats fine as its only 500 lp at this point but more starts getting dumb.

If ranked is meant to pit you against people your level and then as you improve you rank up and play better people it does a terrible job about it. No wonder the bronze leagues are so crowded in this game.

Yeah, I can see where people are complaining, the game is starting to match me, an Ultra Bronze/Silver against Golds. They're taking their wins and running too because there's no benefit to them to re-match in a 2/3 as they'll lose a shit ton of points If I take a match off of them. They have to fix this and fix it soon.

Yeah, I can see where people are complaining, the game is starting to match me, an Ultra Bronze/Silver against Golds. They're taking their wins and running too because there's no benefit to them to re-match in a 2/3 as they'll lose a shit ton of points If I take a match off of them. They have to fix this and fix it soon.

Yup. Its been a problem for ages. My silver account on pc gets matches the same way. Just leaving myself at ultra bronze and playing casual for now. Get matched super bronze to super silver and in casual im totally fine with that.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
THe differences at bronze are so big because of match-up and tier knowledge. At that range, someone might know how to play against Ryu but suck against Dhalsim for example. There's no way the matchmaking can account for that.

tribal24

Banned
Now i think the only thing missing from this game is some kind of World tour mode, The arcade mode, and more things to buy on the store like alot more different colors.

Also they need to reevaluate how much FM you get from winning and losing and price things on the store accordingly. For Characters the price is right but for modified stages things should be lower then 40K, 70k is fine for new stages. They need to include specialty items for each character like adding bags or helmets specifically for characters for customization. Even sell different hair color individually. Just more content period with FM prices adjusted.

THe differences at bronze are so big because of match-up and tier knowledge. At that range, someone might know how to play against Ryu but suck against Dhalsim for example. There's no way the matchmaking can account for that.

It doesnt need to. It simply needs to not match you up against people out side of one rank above and below. 3 ranks above (almost 2000 lp as in more lp that i have) is rediculous.

mooncakes

I feel like those CFN profile is just wasted too. They should put like a library mode in the next SF V update for those that like to read the street fighter lore and background.

It doesnt need to. It simply needs to not match you up against people out side of one rank above and below. 3 ranks above (almost 2000 lp as in more lp that i have) is rediculous.

The problem is that the higher you go, the smaller to pool is.

This was an issue with "Championship mode" back in SSF4, where you'd reach a certain rank and suddenly get ZERO matches. So, they don't want to limit to available player pool for the higher levels that much, or they won't have anyone to fight.

I think the purpose of matchmaking is to protect newcomers from good players...not to protect good players from better players. Once you get to a certain point, you're good enough to understand your losses and not get discouraged as easily as a rookie would.

Personally, I love running into players with higher ranks, because I can test myself and learn.

The problem is that the higher you go, the smaller to pool is.

This was an issue with "Championship mode" back in SSF4, where you'd reach a certain rank and suddenly get ZERO matches. So, they don't want to limit to available player pool for the higher levels that much, or they won't have anyone to fight.

I think the purpose of matchmaking is to protect newcomers from good players...not to protect good players from better players. Once you get to a certain point, you're good enough to understand your losses and not get discouraged as easily as a rookie would.

Personally, I love running into players with higher ranks, because I can test myself and learn.

I love aying those guys in casual because who cares if i lose. Its just how there ranked system works that i hate. They have to many leages with 80% of the player shodd into the bottom cluster.

Its fine really because i can just stay at ultra bronze and play casual and play plenty of silvers and supet silvers and have a good time. Its just the logic of getting into a league and then being sent down a league again because someone three leagues above you beat you is broken lol.

I should just learn my leason really. I fimd this game super fun in casual at ultra bronze or silver. But i find ranked stressful and just not very fun. I should just carry on sticking to casual mode and having fun as i have been 80% of my time with this game.

Zackat

yeah the concentration of people in bronze is a problem, particularly in ultra bronze. Once I got out of there it has been pretty smooth sailing with good matchmaking.

Whats the problem with ranked being stressful? Did you find the old arcade days stressfull as well?

It should be stressful. Its like being in pools at a tournament.

One way to look at it maybe is casuals is pre-season and ranked is the regular season.

I think people stress to much about the points and have a defeatist attitude when playing a higher rank.

I love playing the killers and I have jr smith irrational confidence when i get matched up with somebody way higher and I expect myself to play well and win and learn how and why the losses pile up when they happen (which happens alot, haha).

You learn from playing people better than you alot of times.

Just my opinion about it.

Whats the problem with ranked being stressful? Did you find the old arcade days stressfull as well?

It should be stressful. Its like being in pools at a tournament.

One way to look at it maybe is casuals is pre-season and ranked is the regular season.

I think people stress to much about the points and have a defeatist attitude when playing a higher rank.

I love playing the killers and I have jr smith irrational confidence when i get matched up with somebody way higher and I expect myself to play well and win and learn how and why the losses pile up when they happen (which happens alot, haha).

You learn from playing people better than you alot of times.

Just my opinion about it.

I play for fun. Maybe an hour at a time. I also have a 3 year old who i may have to deal with at a moment's notice. I basically just wanna play a few fun matches at tge end of tge day to unwind. Im not on some mission to be the best or climb the ranks. Just get matched with people of roughly similar skill.

I get that people like being super competitive in games but im not really like that. What makes it stressful is knowimg each game will effect that rank and that eill determine who i fight. If i get lag, need to stop i basically get a loss. Now if thats against a much lower ranked player that can be a really annoyance especially when you dont play as much as many highet ranked people because thats a ton of time lost. Matching me against someone way higher is also annoying because i know i will prob lose and if they lose then they lose a ton of points which seems odd as it could be random luck or lag and what ever.

Luckily for me i can play this game how i want which is casually. Ita just anoying when i want to up my rank by one to to increase the skill of who i face in casual i have to go through the randomness that is ranked while in ultra bronze. Could get lucky and get matched against nothing but bronzes and get there easy or it can do what it did today which is throw multiple people in a row much higher than me.

It is what it is. I just wish it had a more interesting ranking system that spread the player base out better. It feels designed for the people who play a lot and are higher skilled while all the scubs (most the player base) get locked in the basement together to be randomly beat down by the elite when they get close to the exit (ultra bronze, even super bronze these days).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom