• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't mean it should get beat by an AA jab when she's behind his head.
This doesn't mean her hurt box suddenly stops extending to where it overlaps with the lp hitbox; nerfing lp aa's didn't mean improving jumping attacks to the point where they stop having hurt boxes halfway across the character.

ElFly

I think this game needed a new universal mechanic.

I'd like to do something to burn grey health and get some benefit. an extra move, gain super meter, gain v-meter, anything

something that may be hype would be a combo breaker if it cost 3 super bars

MrCarter

I'd like to do something to burn grey health and get some benefit. an extra move, gain super meter, gain v-meter, anything

No combo breaker thanks, this isn't KI or MK. I want another utilisation of the V-meter like maybe a V-super but as it right now I think it's fine. New Triggers and CA's would be good in the future.

Femto.

Dude SFV netcode/servers are starting to irritate me now, there are times were it does not register the win and I miss out on the LP.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Dude SFV netcode/servers are starting to irritate me now, there are times were it does not register the win and I miss out on the LP.
I've always gotten the points even if that error appeared. Unless there's something else than 40002!?

Seik

Banned
Fought my first Urien yesterday.

He won the first round, tight match.

I won the second one easily.

Third one, it's like the dude literally came out of the screen and raped me...PERFECT K.O.

I assume he was just toying with me on that second round, like I was his little bitch. :lol

Lesson of the day; Be careful with Urien players.

Femto.

I've always gotten the points even if that error appeared. Unless there's something else than 40002!?

I have in the past but that's when I get the "unable to register to server message"

This one is different, it shows my rank as Rookie with 0 LP and it gives me the points at the end of the match, but when I go back to the main menu it shows the same LP I had before that match. Frustrating because I had an awesome set, just got a run back and won that set too. Some justice restored but it's still annoying though.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

The game is kind of in a weird spot. A lot of people seem to be underwhelmed with S2 balancing. Erring on making the game simpler also makes adding new mechanics a tricky proposition.

Compared to other updates, especially on the SF side, this patch is far better in terms of being received by the community.

People just want to change things when the meta hasn't even been sussed out all the way yet.

The only AA jabs that make sense in terms of their animation are Gief, Sim, and Chun-Li. Others like Ryu, Necalli, Alex, Karin, Juri and whoever else just throws out their elbow/fist in a straight line and is able to hit people at the apex of their jump or even behind their own head like in that clipped I posted before just doesn't make sense to me. With that said, I don't think Chun-Li deserves hers and Alex does due to their toolsets.

Capcom also tried to do away with the jump back OS early last year. All they did is make it ever so slightly more difficult to do than it was before. Similar to the AA jabs that got nerfed. AA jabs still shouldn't beat cross-ups though. That is bullshit.

They just stop paying attention after Evo. Both Gief and Juri were considered bottom tier with nobody using them. Because there was nobody complaining other than being weak, they overlook it. Does Gief really need a Jab AA when he has his now buffed lariet? Or Juri when she has a dp?

Dahbomb

Not playing this game online again until I get region locking/excluding features.

So god damn tired of Latin/South American PC players playing on their dank wooden PCs and garbage connections. I still win and with no invincible DPs it is much easier to beat those rando players but it's not fun at all.

Just let me play against REAL Americans or Canadians at the furthest.

Seik

Banned
Ucchedavāda;227731570 said:
V-League.pro is the new hotness:
https://v-league.pro/ranking

Thanks! :3

I assume I have to register to have my stats in there, right? NVM, I registered and added my profile! :D

EDIT: Booooy oh boy...my win rate in ranked is 60/121. I need to win more. at least that's almost one match on two. D:

EDIT2: Man that website is extremely well built!!!

Whales

Banned
Fought my first Urien yesterday.

He won the first round, tight match.

I won the second one easily.

Third one, it's like the dude literally came out of the screen and raped me...PERFECT K.O.

I assume he was just toying with me on that second round, like I was his little bitch. :lol

Lesson of the day; Be careful with Urien players.

why did this make me laugh so hard

just imagine urien's thong doing its thing

Neoxon

• Bad news, Focus Attack had to cancel my order since they ended up being out of JLFs when I ordered.
  • Good news, I was refunded & got said JLF from Arcade Shock (& even saved $5 on shipping in the process).

Skilletor

• Bad news, Focus Attack had to cancel my order since they ended up being out of JLFs when I ordered.
  • Good news, I was refunded & got said JLF from Arcade Shock (& even saved $5 on shipping in the process).

I pretty much only use arcadeshock now.

Nothing against focus attack, just arcadeshock has a lot more stuff and works to get lots of different types of stock and exclusive items in.

Neoxon

I pretty much only use arcadeshock now.

Nothing against focus attack, just arcadeshock has a lot more stuff and works to get lots of different types of stock and exclusive items in.
Yeah, I'll probably stick with Arcade Shock by virtue of them not charging an arm & a leg for shipping. Plus, as notworksafe mentioned in the arcade stick thread, I was long overdue for a new JLF.

jhmostyn

Neo Member
Just to double check my thinking, once you've bought a character using fight money, the economics of character passes get a little murky, as there is no fight money refund back?

tariniel

Anyone know of a good primer for trying to learn Zangief? Things that may not be obvious, etc. I mostly play Bison but want to learn Zangief to mess with my friends and also be Hulk Hogan.

Thought i would give mika another go. Glad i did as i started actually doing some combos this time. Finally settling into my subconscious. Will take a while more before i can do her more stylish stuff mid match. Either way it matched me against plenty of silvers and i beat more of them that i lost to so its getting better. As much as i love guile i need a break from him. Mika and Laura are fun alts to use.

Hope i like some of the new characters coming to. Look forward to seeing their fighting styles.

Not playing this game online again until I get region locking/excluding features.

So god damn tired of Latin/South American PC players playing on their dank wooden PCs and garbage connections. I still win and with no invincible DPs it is much easier to beat those rando players but it's not fun at all.

Just let me play against REAL Americans or Canadians at the furthest.

Finding tons of Urien in the Dominican Republic.
Shits unplayable

Pompadour

Ucchedavāda;227731570 said:
V-League.pro is the new hotness:
https://v-league.pro/ranking

Capcom should just really pay a fee to incorporate things like this instead of trying to build their own service (or outright buy V-League). CFN should basically be this and you should be able to auto-upload all matches to Youtube instead of having to go through Sony's Share.

ElFly

Anyone know of a good primer for trying to learn Zangief? Things that may not be obvious, etc. I mostly play Bison but want to learn Zangief to mess with my friends and also be Hulk Hogan.

dunno about a good primer but this is a good post

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFigh...y_tips_for_a_upcoming_zangief_player/d079006/

tho the part in the end about white life is no longer true; life heals so slow that during a SPD it will barely heal a few pixels so you still have to risk using your V-Skil but you cannot hope to recover that health. it is an investment now.

V-Skill can be used without the punch. just press MP+MK, absorb a hit and you can instead do a jab or a SPD or whatever. do it against slow moves cause you don't really get any frame advantage out of it, but the important part is that using it with the flex punch is not obligatory nor even ideal. think of it as a turn-taking when on defense

the shoryuken thread was good but again, mostly S1

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/207479/zangief-beginners-thread/p1

the main changes in S2 are yeah, the white health (which affects both his V-Skill and his sHP punch which has armor and which is super useful) and the new Lariat, which has extra hitbox so you can hit people crouched next to you and which can combo easily now, AND the headbutt can absorb super bar when you cancel fireballs with it. The other changes give you better frame advantage to mixup but that's largely it

basically your game plan is cornering the opponent, make them fear your SPD so much they jump and you punish them with an anti air or something. many matches you will win without landing any SPD just cause people will run away and eat sHK

something important people don't normally mention is that the 360 and 720 moves can be started in any joystick position and can be done in either direction. this is particularly important on a stick, where it is easier to go from blocking low to doing a SPD starting from back-low diagonal and ending in back-up diagonal

don't forget the Running Bear Grab which you will mostly land after sLK or cLK, super close. Don't bother trying to grab people from afar with it if you ain't using the EX version which has armor. it has decent damage, good stun and great cornering

and Air SPD has a lot of range and can even be an effective anti air (except you cannot do it when jumping backwards). Learn to use it to stop yourself in midair if you misjump a fireball, but don't abuse it since you can be punished for it

um what more...Ex SPD is necessary sometimes cause it has throw invincibility. it also has almost the range of LP SPD, same with air SPD

certain supers can be CAd on reaction if the opponent does them point blank without you in blockstun. Ryu and Ken come to mind, but not Guile. this ain't too common but sometimes Ryu will try to do a CA next to you by surprise. You can just churn the butter and grab them once their animation ends

Zackat

I live in FL and play people from Mexico, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Canada, and Jamiaca. I never have these kinds of problems that Zombe has. If anything it is slightly laggy and not a huge deal. I just don't know, maybe I am just more forgiving.

I was screwing around with sim in training mode and I got his super to not knockdown:

WnKX4Q.gif

Wasn't there a desk video on this glitch? I feel like it would be really useful for sim to have a super mixup like this into a huge comeback damage potential.

Femto.

So the Rage Quit/Non-rage quit icons are gone now or ???

Played a few ranked matches today, saw no one with it and I don't have it.

Femto.

They were reset and so far, I don't think anyone has gotten any.

One step forward, two steps back.

Sigh

I like this game but I sometimes feel "punished" for liking it lol

I hope MvCI is the polar opposite when it comes to stability, updates, and QOL features akin to Killer Instinct.

Edzi

Sigh

I like this game but I sometimes feel "punished" for liking it lol

I hope MvCI is the polar opposite when it comes to stability, updates, and QOL features akin to Killer Instinct.

MvCi should be fine since Capcom is developing it in house. What confuses and frustrates me is how they decided their flagship FG wasn't worthy of that same treatment.

Moaradin

MvCi should be fine since Capcom is developing it in house. What confuses and frustrates me is how they decided their flagship FG wasn't worthy of that same treatment.

Not sure how that has anything to do with it. SF4 wasn't developed in-house too. It was done by Dimps, same as this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom