• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
MvCi should be fine since Capcom is developing it in house. What confuses and frustrates me is how they decided their flagship FG wasn't worthy of that same treatment.
It's not that Capcom's developing it, it's that Marvel is just not gonna let Capcom pull the same crap when it comes to their IP. They are gonna make damn sure that the game is in a good state when it releases.

Ucchedavāda;227731192 said:
It was a joke that started around the time a gaffer made a fanmade trailer on par with Capcom's DLC character trailers days before Alex was released. Everyone was begging Capcom for a trailer at two different tournaments with 80K+ viewers each, so people were thirsty for weeks since Alex had leaked thanks to modders weeks ahead of schedule.
Gotta watch this later. Gunfight's matches against Daigo were also great watches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEOhCmsiRe0
Finding tons of Urien in the Dominican Republic.
Shits unplayable
I swear every Dominican except me used Necalli in season 1. Urien is a great choice for season 2, though. I'm winning fights I shouldn't be with a 5 hour Urien

It was a joke that started around the time a gaffer made a fanmade trailer on par with Capcom's DLC character trailers days before Alex was released. Everyone was begging Capcom for a trailer at two different tournaments with 80K+ viewers each, so people were thirsty for weeks since Alex had leaked thanks to modders weeks ahead of schedule.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1202006&highlight=

And wait, weeks ahead of schedule? I don't remember that at all.

JayEH

MvCi should be fine since Capcom is developing it in house. What confuses and frustrates me is how they decided their flagship FG wasn't worthy of that same treatment.

As stated already IV was outsourced and was fine also V was primarily developed in house (60-70% from Ono).

ElFly

I just stunned a Ryu leaving him with 30% of life and me in perfect. since I had already won a match, I just walked back and let him recover

dude just stood there and eventually just walked to me without doing anything so I just finished killing him

I just stunned a Ryu leaving him with 30% of life and me in perfect. since I had already won a match, I just walked back and let him recover

dude just stood there and eventually just walked to me without doing anything so I just finished killing him
Never play with your food.

ElFly

Never play with your food.

felt bad for the dude but to be fair rarely people recover in such a match

last week a Ken made me pay for letting him live through his dizzy and won that round. interesting set of matches. I perfected him, then he perfected me (next round after I pardoned his dizzy) then we struggled in the last match but he won

Roxkis_ii

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but does that trails mode message "Some combos or move properties in the trial version may be different from the current retail version." mean that it's trials combos I won't be able to perform online?...Like...the Chun li combos???

12EtTRP.gif

ElFly

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but does that trails mode message "Some combos or move properties in the trial version may be different from the current retail version." mean that it's trials combos I won't be able to perform online?...Like...the Chun li combos???

12EtTRP.gif

yes, tho some of them may still be possible (dunno in particular for chun)

it's due to the changes to the moves from launch to the S2 version of the game

"Man, I'll play ranked. I'll probably get my ass kicked and rank down to like rookie but at least I'll learn this Rog the hard way."

A dozen games later I'm sitting mere points away from Sliver like I don't deserve this shit at all.

3nd0mrpirltj.gif

I live in FL and play people from Mexico, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Canada, and Jamiaca. I never have these kinds of problems that Zombe has. If anything it is slightly laggy and not a huge deal. I just don't know, maybe I am just more forgiving.

I take rollback very serious when moves now become 1 frame start ups and skipping half of a jump animation.

It's so weird now to pop into different communities just to be reminded that you can't just play with any random person.
SF5 and Gears 4 cross-play has spoiled me.

"Man, I'll play ranked. I'll probably get my ass kicked and rank down to like rookie but at least I'll learn this Rog the hard way."

A dozen games later I'm sitting mere points away from Sliver like I don't deserve this shit at all.
Urien and Balrog are backed up as hell right now.

It's so weird now to pop into different communities just to be reminded that you can't just play with any random person.
SF5 and Gears 4 cross-play has spoiled me.
It's the one thing people forget to praise Capcom for because they are too busy shitting on SFV for what it doesn't have.

Zackat

yeah I would really like to have tekken on my PC but I will just get it on my ps4. Will probably get it on PC for a sale or something.

crossplay really needs to be standard on all fighting games tbh.
So much

It would be REALLY hard to run out of people to play with. Throw in GGPO, though. It is much cheaper to implement than crossplay and if done well (like Skullgirls) Brazilian connections feel no different than a local one. I'm not kidding here. I regularly fight 200 ping people that rollback less than 4 bar SFV fights. In that scenario even Japanese players aren't afraid to give international fights a shot. Japanese SFV players on the other hand quit within 2 seconds.

So how many of you guys are using an arcade stick, you find it easier than the normal DS4 pad?

With the 2017 deluxe edition..if I grind out Most of the FM stuff with every character I should be set for characters for season 3-4 right? Not sure If the current psn deluxe edition is a good value. Not discounted, like a new release game price.

Im used to getting full rosters of characters from day one in the good old Days. Why is this different now, is every character balanced to 100% and thats why they roll them out so slowly? (beside that I fully suopport this business model rather then new releases every 1-2 year)

This or Tekken 7 hmmm decision decisions..I guess the cross play is a big advantage for SFV in the long run.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Im used to getting full rosters of characters from day one in the good old Days. Why is this different now, is every character balanced to 100% and thats why they roll them out so slowly? (beside that I fully suopport this business model rather then new releases every 1-2 year)
Nah, you never got a "full roster of characters from day one". You had to buy the additions with another $60 purchase.
Think of it more like this: you won't get Super Street Fighter V 18 months after vanilla's release, but you get what would be in Super Street Fighter V over these 18 months. They are just now currently working on these characters.

Oh and DS4 is totally fine, use whatever you are more comfortable with.

The deluxe edition will definitely be enough for a whole new season of characters (or 600,000 FM), but probably not two of them, since that would be 1.2 million FM. Maybe if you really did almost everything and get all the weekly challenges, not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom