• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I guess so. Still surprised more people aren't complaining about Necalli if they hate Urien so much.
All the S1 meterless reversal possessing characters are so much easier to fight in season 2 that it is hard to complain. This season is all about some characters having too many normals/specials that are positive/safe on block or crush counters that are a little too easy to press repeatedly. It's a much nicer problem to have on our plates compared to season 1.

Producer

ggs guys, have to head out for tonite. Countblack how was the connection? I had a little bit of rollback every now and then but nothing too bad.

HardRojo

So how's the game after the maintenance earlier today? Haven't played for 2 days I think other than getting some of the missions yesterday and one casual match.

joe2187

Banned
GGs countblack and Producer. You guys are out of my league.

Everytime I got close to a potential win I choked super hard.

BTW my game crashed at the end there black, dont know what happened.

RM8

I was playing against this super annoying Ibuki and thinking "man, Ibuki is just not fun to fight". Then I beat her and Juri's win quote was exactly that (just in Spanish, lol):

jKj5iWs.png

KingBroly

Banned
It seems like they've done a lot of work on the servers. No stuttering tonight, even after finishing up the Missions. Hopefully it holds.

Been messing around with Laura few days, don't know how the match ups, been having a good time just doing wild mindless shit and winning, then I played a friend who's Dhalsim main and totally shut all that crap down, granted not my Laura main, but said he sees a lot of Laura in gold league.....

Cepheus

Is it just me, or does it seem like the people who play casual matches don't play ranked, and vice versa? Most people I come up against in casual don't have many league points at all (frequently zero) but they're still really good. It's like people stay in casual until they've got so good that they're confident enough that they won't lose league points and then and only then do they start playing ranked matches.

ElFly

Is it just me, or does it seem like the people who play casual matches don't play ranked, and vice versa? Most people I come up against in casual don't have many league points at all (frequently zero) but they're still really good. It's like people stay in casual until they've got so good that they're confident enough that they won't lose league points and then and only then do they start playing ranked matches.

I assume the MM prefers ranked to casual

so if two people have both ranked and casual options on in the fight request, it will only match you to casuals who are only looking for casual fights, but ranked matches will be both ranked only and peeps who want either

Depends. If you are rookie / bronze then this can happen but once you hit super bronze / ultra bronze / silver and play ranked i would say most people in casual are about the right level.

On another note i think i have to give up hopeing to be half decent with any more than 1 or 2 characters. After shitting about with nerfed mika for a few days i start putting the wrong inputs in when using guile again. And my mika blows so hard lol. Shame as he has some really fun combos. I may have to just stick with guile unless one of the new upcoming characters really appeals to me.

ElFly

So how's the game after the maintenance earlier today? Haven't played for 2 days I think other than getting some of the missions yesterday and one casual match.

still had matches where I could not send the data to the servers, but at least I still got the points

before patch the game would just give up sending data and not giving me points whatsoever

MM stil may be a little liberal with who it matches too but at least seems to be one level up or one or two down so it's ok

Sayad

Lmao! Urien's cross up completely whiff on some crouching characters! Of the characters I've tested this on:

Whiffs on crouching Ryu, Vega and Mika.
Works on crouching Gief, Bison and Chun li(lol).

At first I thought this was intentional, but since it works on some characters and whiff on others, this is most likely an oversight that should be fixed.

And seeing as it works on Chun but not on Mika and Vega, it's probably related to the character's crouching hurt box width not the hurtbox height(Chun is like a tier under Gief now when it comes to crouching hurt box width, gurl is SF3s phat now without 3s hitboxes).

hertog

Having a lot of fun with Birdie in season 2. His health nerf was dumb and his cr mp nerf means blocking those cross ups. Don't mind his mk nerfs that normal was silly.

But he actually got some oki now after c.grabs and his ex-bullhead is just plain silly at -2. And his slow moving can is a thing of beauty.

He feels much more like a general c.grab character now instead of a zoner. I can keep pressuring people after I hit them with something. And every match feels like a race towards his game changing v-trigger.

Guile, Laura and Sim are still really really difficult match-up though.

Cepheus

Depends. If you are rookie / bronze then this can happen but once you hit super bronze / ultra bronze / silver and play ranked i would say most people in casual are about the right level.

On another note i think i have to give up hopeing to be half decent with any more than 1 or 2 characters. After shitting about with nerfed mika for a few days i start putting the wrong inputs in when using guile again. And my mika blows so hard lol. Shame as he has some really fun combos. I may have to just stick with guile unless one of the new upcoming characters really appeals to me.

I understand. Still, it's weird that I get matched with people that have nearly 1000 more league points than me and I'm only super bronze. I lost 400 league points today because of this (ultra bronze down to super).

Also, I'm employing the strategy I've used in every game after Third Strike. Since playing as any of the SF3 characters in 4 or 5 would make me forget how to play as them in Third Strike, which I really don't want because I'm in the top 20 with Elena on PSN in that game, I just pick Ryu and cross my fingers. I haven't even touched most of the characters in SF5 yet.

jchung55

I news some help fellas, I've been playing on and off since launch but I've been seriously trying to improve in the last couple months. I've been trying to hit silver for the longest time and I was within 40 lp but then dropped all the way done to 1350lp.

Any tips in general would be greatly appreciated. I main Karin and my CFN is jchung

Also how can I stop being so salty, I know it affects my play but I just can't help it. Suuuuper frustrating.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I news some help fellas, I've been playing on and off since launch but I've been seriously trying to improve in the last couple months. I've been trying to hit silver for the longest time and I was within 40 lp but then dropped all the way done to 1350lp.

Any tips in general would be greatly appreciated. I main Karin and my CFN is jchung

Also how can I stop being so salty, I know it affects my play but I just can't help it. Suuuuper frustrating.
As far as salt goes, I can relate. When I lose points, especially in a match I feel like I could have won, it affects my mood and physiology to the point where my reactions suffer and I play with less confidence, thus leading to more losing. When I feel that happening I just stop playing, despite the strong urge to redeem myself by winning.

I try to combat this by going in with a learning oriented attitude. I remind myself that losses are inevitable and they teach me to improve. If in not in the mood to do that successfully, I just avoid ranked.

Bob White

Game almost out a year. Servers still absolute ass. How? Yes, I know that when it says data didn't get received you still get the points. But tons of players don't know this and are met with more reminders of a half assed game.

RK9039

Game almost out a year. Servers still absolute ass. How? Yes, I know that when it says data didn't get received you still get the points. But tons of players don't know this and are met with more reminders of a half assed game.

Yeah I think it just went to shit a few minutes ago. I was playing for like 20 minutes and then my last opponent got disconnected while he was in the middle of a combo. So yeah... what exactly was the maintenance for the other day?

raw

Took 5 minutes to get a game just now to get the error and kicked and logging out of the server.

Pompadour

I need to stop playing other games and just play Street Fighter V. With all the game sales I'm sitting on around 8-10 games I haven't touched but when I hop on SFV for the weeklies or just to play an hour I don't want to play anything else. When the online is great and you're matched up with someone around your skill level and basically the game gets out of its own way it is so goddamned fun.

RK9039

And yet we're called "haters" from Capcom fanboys for criticizing the game regarding issues like these.

I need to stop playing other games and just play Street Fighter V. With all the game sales I'm sitting on around 8-10 games I haven't touched but when I hop on SFV for the weeklies or just to play an hour I don't want to play anything else. When the online is great and you're matched up with someone around your skill level and basically the game gets out of its own way it is so goddamned fun.

Same here, I hardly bought any games in the Steam sales because all I play these days is SFV and BB on PS4. I just wish they could do something about this garbage network.

Marvel

could never
Lol great gif. Yeah I'm getting a lot of failed data sent messages. One ranked win also didn't give me LP.

One match was so laggy it was unplayable.

LakeEarth

Lol great gif. Yeah I'm getting a lot of failed data sent messages. One ranked win also didn't give me LP.

One match was so laggy it was unplayable.
Yeah I just beat someone two ranks above me and both wins failed to register. I thought this shit was fixed.

Edit - I then lose the next two and both those register. Fuck ranked.

Someone ask why players play casuals? Capcom servers suck, I will play 2 casual matches to warm up then switch to rank and get 2 laggy players, lose points, quit, then go back to casual/lobby the next day and just ignore rank...if they don't fix the server i will forever be Bronze league..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom