• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
Must be nice. On the not registering front, it's 3 wins not registering but all of my losses registered just fine.
That sucks man, know how it feels. After the one win I got that didn't register I just headed back to casual. Think I will stay there for now.

The game is worse after that maintenance.

Someone ask why players play casuals? Capcom servers suck, I will play 2 casual matches to warm up then switch to rank and get 2 laggy players, lose points, quit, then go back to casual/lobby the next day and just ignore rank...if they don't fix the server i will forever be Bronze league..

In all honesty, as long as im getting good matches i prefer casual. Its far more fun and im far more willing to try stuff out i wouldn't in a ranked match. If i get to a point im winning 80% of the tine i will try rank up again.

JayEH

I play 99% casual so I don't have to deal worry about the server not responding thankfully. I haven't been playing as much lately but I must be getting lucky since whenever I play it's usually fast and LP accurate matchmaking with minimal to no lag.

Marvel

could never
How's bipsoning going?
Very well ty! he got me up to Ultra Silver from barely Super Silver just last night.

I think I do have the most success with him for sure. He is either rank 30 or very near it now. Also trying to improve my Ken when I can tear myself away from him.

MrCarter

And yet we're called "haters" from Capcom fanboys for criticizing the game regarding issues like these.

I don't think that's true. I've seen people call others haters when they dogpile on it even when they don't have the game but most guys around here have been reasonable with thier critique of the game. As for the Netcode, in my experience it's actually fine when there is a solid connection between both players and is far better than SFIV (even after 6 years) but the loading times are absolutely horrendous.

RK9039

I don't think that's true. I've seen people call others haters when they dogpile on it even when they don't have the game but most guys around here have been reasonable with thier critique of the game. As for the Netcode, in my experience it's actually fine when there is a solid connection between both players and is far better than SFIV (even after 6 years) but the loading times are absolutely horrendous.

I was referring to that baldy guy on twitter, no idea who he is. You're right about the netcode, it's been generally fine lately and they clearly fixed something because I get matches regularly now. But this last maintenance seems to have f'd something up on my end again.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, SF5 is gonna become the side bitch for me if either Injustice 2 or Tekken 7 have a fully functioning online mode.

I love the game but there's only so much of the consistently shitty servers I can take.

MrCarter

I was referring to that baldy guy on twitter, no idea who he is. You're right about the netcode, it's been generally fine lately and they clearly fixed something because I get matches regularly now. But this last maintenance seems to have f'd something up on my end again.

Indeed. It was poor PR and they need to have a word with this guy or anyone else before these tweets go live. I think he meant well but the way he came across seemed unprofessional.

Skilletor

I've said it before and I'll say it again, SF5 is gonna become the side bitch for me if either Injustice 2 or Tekken 7 have a fully functioning online mode.

I love the game but there's only so much of the consistently shitty servers I can take.

After mkxl, sc5, and TTT2....no worries.

I'm kind of frustrated right now. Winning like 85% of my matches in casual, but only 40-50% in ranked. Seems super gold is my ceiling, but casual is way too easy. :(

I'm kind of frustrated right now. Winning like 85% of my matches in casual, but only 40-50% in ranked. Seems super gold is my ceiling, but ranked is way too easy. :(
Yup, It's gonna be fun as hell this year being an online warrior.

What's different in casual that you win so often as compared to ranked? Is it a pressure thing?

Pompadour

I'm kind of frustrated right now. Winning like 85% of my matches in casual, but only 40-50% in ranked. Seems super gold is my ceiling, but casual is way too easy. :(

I've personally noticed that the competition is weaker in Casual than in Ranked. I figure people let their skills rust and play in Casual so they don't lose points or they get to Gold rank with their main and then play a new character in Casual.

Honestly, they should just do away with Casual and combine it with Battle Lounge. Make some Xrd-style lobbies, give out Fight Money like in Casual, and maybe design Casual Fight Request that just searches for an open seat in a lobby for the people who just want to play as soon as possible.

Skilletor

As a player, I just fail to capitalize on simple patterns.

I just lost to a dude that was obviously teching after every single jump in or when I was near, and even though I knew it, I couldn't adjust my spacing or timing to punish him.

I do well against players better than I am, but players that just do stupid or obvious things all the time is very, very hard for me.

I realize it's not "stupid" since it's working against me, and it's totally on me, not shrugging that off, it's just frustrating to me to not be able to recognize this and punish it.

Mediking

Casual is proving to be.... quite the gauntlet when you're Bronze. Lol its pretty much an arena of people trying to figure out if they can step into Ranked or not while figuring out their own skills.

Fought against an Ibuki who was pretty good and literally taunted me like 3 times in one round. I didn't feel insulted. I actually laughed.

Just fought a Zangief. Guy trashed me the 1st round. I played the bait and switch role and managed to sneak a round off of him. But then I forgot that Cammy's health = "2 lenghty combos and she's dead" and that Zangief bombed me.

Still having fun though.

Also actually watched myself play for the 1st time since buying the game on launch....

Man, that was WEIRD.

I just lost to a dude that was obviously teching after every single jump in or when I was near, and even though I knew it, I couldn't adjust my spacing or timing to punish him.

I do well against players better than I am, but players that just do stupid or obvious things all the time is very, very hard for me.

I realize it's not "stupid" since it's working against me, and it's totally on me, not shrugging that off, it's just frustrating to me to not be able to recognize this and punish it.

At least you can practice what you lost at easier in training mode.

A friend of mine has this thing where he sets "goals" for a particular set of matches that he plays. He might even just play like a loon for a few rounds but just to gauge what the opponent does and doesn't do then he adapts accordingly. Since he focuses almost primarily on adaptation and nothing else, it's a good way to force yourself to change according to your opponent.

Don't know how effective it might be for you since as you said it's mainly the simpler or stupid(er) stuff that seems to work against you but still, something to know.

Casual is proving to be.... quite the gauntlet when you're Bronze. Lol its pretty much an arena of people trying to figure out if they can step into Ranked or not while figuring out their own skills.

Fought against an Ibuki who was pretty good and literally taunted me like 3 times in one round. I didn't feel insulted. I actually laughed.
You're a stronger person than me, the salt might have pushed me over the edge.

JayEH

I only rage when someone taunts during a stun (or rashid's taunt), I find that very disrespectful. People randomly taunting in a middle of a match is funny to me.

Mediking

The Ibuki guy taunted because there was less than 20 seconds and we was around the same health but he had more than me. He could tell that I was trying to figure out what to do so he taunted.

I managed to sneak a few hits in but he still won.

It was pretty intense.

And Cammy main's motto should be: "You play wild? You die wild."

I've been in Ultra Bronze (playing Birdie) for a good while now and a lot of my opponents seem to be pretty aggro. A lot of pressure, jump ins, yolo DPs and wake up CA. Anyway, while I'm not that good at the game, I like to think about what I'm doing. When I'm hovering around mid screen or the opponents are retreating away in haste, I get taunted more than I'd like. It got to me at firdt but it's fine now.

Mediking

I've been in Ultra Bronze (playing Birdie) for a good while now and a lot of my opponents seem to be pretty aggro. A lot of pressure, jump ins, yolo DPs and wake up CA. Anyway, while I'm not that good at the game, I like to think about what I'm doing. When I'm hovering around mid screen or the opponents are retreating away in haste, I get taunted more than I'd like. It got to me at firdt but it's fine now.

Lol totally right? Like I don't play safe. I play pretty wild and reckless and that's only because Cammy has the tools to play wild (she doesn't have the health to play wild though).

After I play wild for just one round.... everybody else starts playing wild and they beat me. Lol

I just lost to a Bison who decided to play wild after I did.

lol Thanks for the great match and then RQ in casuals motoholic. What a goofball move.

If you RQ in casuals do you still get points taken away?

The best way to deal with people playing like nuts is to hit that 3f or 4f jab. Or hit them with some shit that they think is safe over and over again. I took a bunch of games this way against Sliver dudes who just didn't give a fuck about frames and caught them with a crlk, waited a second, and walked up for a throw.

So good.

Edit: I just saw a Gief headbutt a projectile and jump back r.hk a Laura on the KIT stream. What in the fuck.

jett

D-Member
Game almost out a year. Servers still absolute ass. How? Yes, I know that when it says data didn't get received you still get the points. But tons of players don't know this and are met with more reminders of a half assed game.

Poverty development for a poverty community.

Cepheus

I've only been playing SFV for about a week total and I see that people using their Supers/CAs as a last resort on wakeup when they're one hit away from getting KO'd is still a thing.

Are you me? lol

Also, as you know, I get hit by wakeup DPs consistently. :-/

I did not know that Denjin Hadoken actually did stun. Just got stunned by one and then KO'd.

Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Finally made it into SUPER BRONZE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Congratulations!
Do you get as stressed as me when you are just about to make the transition to a new rank? :)

Edzi

I've personally noticed that the competition is weaker in Casual than in Ranked. I figure people let their skills rust and play in Casual so they don't lose points or they get to Gold rank with their main and then play a new character in Casual.

Honestly, they should just do away with Casual and combine it with Battle Lounge. Make some Xrd-style lobbies, give out Fight Money like in Casual, and maybe design Casual Fight Request that just searches for an open seat in a lobby for the people who just want to play as soon as possible.

Yep, stopped playing ranked for a while when I reached Gold and stayed in Casuals, but when I hopped onto ranked I noticed that everyone was playing way differently. Casuals is sort of a waste of time for me at this point if I'm actually trying to improve.

This just happened to me...

1h9ano.gif

lkrwtf.gif

Edzi

Super Gold seems really hard to get out of since losing to someone one league below you is still -80 points.

JayEH

Ucchedavāda;227844442 said:
It's a shame that there is only one taunt per character. Each character had a bunch in SFIV, often with different animations.

That's what I hoped we'd get this season just one more would be nice considering SFIV had like what...10? There's some classic taunts still not in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom