• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediking

Congrats.

You are right there with my brother. He's currently back and fourth between bronze and super bronze.

Congrats! I stopped played Ranked a long time ago, but stopped exactly there. I *think* I would top off somewhere in Silver if I really tried.

Ucchedavāda;227845122 said:
I did not know that Denjin Hadoken actually did stun. Just got stunned by one and then KO'd.

Congratulations!
Do you get as stressed as me when you are just about to make the transition to a new rank? :)

Hahah this feels so good. I finally managed to rank up :)

Now I'm in Battle Lounge with a Super Silver Akuma and this guy is really strong. But he hasn't left the room and he's cool with helping me train.

Neoxon

Out of curiosity, how many people here use sticks?
I use a TE2.

This just happened to me...

1h9ano.gif

lkrwtf.gif
boi

But seriously, did Nash's CA start-up get nerfed?

Edzi

How... HOW are we still getting failure to send/receive errors? Seriously, HOW?

Like, it'd be one thing if they were infrequent, but they happen every other match.

Yup, I mentioned that some pages back. Urien's headbutt also interrupts that super lol.

V-reversal would have been better there.

I tried twice before that and he stuffed both attempts. Getting pummeled and 50/50'ed in the corner causes me to panic. I didn't even see him go up in the air. Probably had my eyes closed while mashing CA with my mind made up. It never works.

I won the set in the end though so I figured him out.

Out of curiosity, how many people here use sticks?

I use a TE2+.

Also, a Balrog just RQd against me after the first round... It was a close round, too. But he was on a 3-win streak on ranked so I guess that might have been why.

A 3-win streak is nothing. That's one 2:1 and a 2:0. If that is why they quit, then that is pretty pathetic, but if it was after the first round, then it may have been due to lag on their end.

How.. HOW are we still getting failure to send/receive errors? Seriously, HOW?

Skeleton crew working on the game is my guess.

Alright. I use a Hori Fighting Stick 3.

Also, a Balrog just RQd against me after the first round... It was a close round, too. But he was on a 3-win streak on ranked so I guess that might have been why.

or could have DCed, their server have been acting up, my friend DCed 3 times today and twice yesterday....thankfully all of them were lobby otherwise he be screwed by Capcom's system doesn't know a DC from a ragequit..

Cepheus

or could have DCed, their server have been acting up, my friend DCed 3 times today and twice yesterday....thankfully all of them were lobby otherwise he be screwed by Capcom's system doesn't know a DC from a ragequit..

Probably, yeah. I've been DCed a couple of times today.

RK9039

I tried twice before that and he stuffed both attempts. Getting pummeled and 50/50'ed in the corner causes me to panic. I didn't even see him go up in the air. Probably had my eyes closed while mashing CA with my mind made up. It never works.

I won the set in the end though so I figured him out.

Yeah that move he does is so dodgy, I'm gonna try knee bazooka next time.

Mediking

Lmao.... two of those goofy Akuma combos and Cammy is stunned.... O_O

I got stunned so fast I couldn't even say "But-" before the next round started.

Edzi

Hm, Akuma's f.HP seems to beat a lot of wakeup supers. Beats Nash's and Alex's clean.

Akuma seems to be a terrifying matchup for Alex in particular, I've yet to beat one with him.

LakeEarth

Like, it'd be one thing if they were infrequent, but they happen every other match.
Seriously, shit like thus is embarrassing. At the end of every other match, the game reminds us how incompetent Capcom is. And then sometimes you get that second failure message just to let you know (often midmatch) that your hard fought win didn't count.

Kashiwaba

It's worse now, you lose your points when it happens Capcom is going backward.

I think I've become some poor fella's demon. I keep running into this Super Silver Ryu, I think I've won almost every single time we've been matched, and now they have started not rematching.

Thanks! :D I had the game since launch and I just NOW managed to get into Super Bronze. I feel like crying. Lol

Well done dude. I recommend playing casual till you are winning 80% or so of your matches. That way you will be playing people in your bracket without the fear of loss. When your confident jump back into ranked to ultra bronze and repeat. As long as you are getting good matches thats all that matters. There are a lot of people that seem to get to super bronze or ultra bronze then stick to casual so you should get matched pretty fast for the most part.

Once you hit ultra bronze you fight a lot of silvets so can kinda leave it there if yor like me. Although i love looking at tge fight history of who i play. So many silvers that got there, were fed super bronzes till about 2500lp then the high silvers and super silvers appear and they start eating losses. Basically there is no difference between ultra bronzes and low silvers as they are just ultra bronzes who were fed for a while. Its the fault of a system so stacked in bronze but what ever.

I also see a few people in casual that are like lvl 40 they use ryu in default outfit and colour and their ryu is also lvl 40. That means that is literally all they have done. Love the dedication.

Moaradin

Seriously, shit like thus is embarrassing. At the end of every other match, the game reminds us how incompetent Capcom is. And then sometimes you get that second failure message just to let you know (often midmatch) that your hard fought win didn't count.

What? Akuma's f.HP is working as intended. He's airborne during that time.

Sigmaah

From my experience, online gets worse with every maintenance for me.

Like I used to get all USA maybe sometimes U.K. or other places, now I'm fighting ppl from Japan Brazil and all these other wild places.

Pls mvci don't do this to me

Edzi

What's the best way to practice throw tech? Seems like I'm too free to unexpected grabs :(.

Try delaying techs. Like, wait a second so that you block if they attack, then tech a split second later then you would have. You just have to get used to feeling when they're trying to approach too. I've slowly gotten better at it over time, but it's still tough.

Femto.

I almost lost my shit.

I was playing a Super Silver Ryu, I win a game, he wins a game. Last game, third round, dude has 15-20% of life left, I hit him with a confirm into super. As soon as the animation for the super initiation finishes, my super drops, and the game goes LAGGY AF!

Luckily I had 90%+ health left because the dude hit me with a confirm-->super, then proceeds to stun me, and I mash DP like crazy which ends up hitting him. I win.

Fuck those assholes. I wish you could block players on CFN so you can't run into them again.

BCW_StUnNa RQ on me twice today. A very bad Nash player at that for Ultra Gold .This is their only opportunity before Capcom buys more duct tape.

And this happened
50FB4B701B21B170B26A2E1D0D3D26B8ADA493E9

This has happened to me at least four times.

Fix your shit Capcom.

Yeah, it has also happened to me.

And it can actually get even worse, since it is possible that only one player has missing data. So you can potentially lose LPs as if your opponent was a Rookie. There was some poor platinum on /r/StreetFighter that lost 300+ LP that way.

xabi

First things first, I love this game. It's the most fun, most balanced of the series. It's the first in the series that has made me want to learn all the characters (learned and got all characters to level 20 at least except Vega, Juri, Mika, FANG, and Ibuki so far).

I liked story mode quite a bit.

My online experience has actually been great for the most part. I started with ranked but when the server got finicky a while ago I started doing mainly lounge and casual, and never looked back. Most of my games are quite smooth.

For Christmas we got my 6-year old Pokken Tournament, and I have been watching him play that for the past few days. Now, THAT's how you design a single player experience. Not talking about the gameplay, but the modes and everything around the game are superb. The tutorials were super helpful, the league progressions are well done, the UI is intuitive, and the quick pace between battles (short loading times!) make it intense and and fun. When a match is done, he is just dying to go onto the next battle, and he is definitely getting better naturally.

Now, Pokken is obviously very different than SF, but Capcom, if you are implementing any single player stuff at the moment, give this game a look. Give me a World Tour mode taking some notes from this game and I will be in heaven

Femto.

Yah I've had that before, wonder if your points still get saved..
It doesn't, which sucks.

Ucchedavāda;227848850 said:
Yeah, it has also happened to me.

And it can actually get even worse, since it is possible that only one player has missing data. So you can potentially lose LPs as if your opponent was a Rookie. There was some poor platinum on /r/StreetFighter that lost 300+ LP that way.

No way, good thing matchmaking isn't as busted as it was earlier this week.

Marvel

could never
One of my replays wont play, says it can't retrieve it or some shit. Ofc it would have to be the match where I finally nailed one of kens longest and best combos to win the game, complete with stage transition :/ I didn't record it wuth the sharebutton either and I checked his cfn id to see if I could snag it from his but nope, he's played too many games in the list.

That really sucks.

Mediking

Just accidentally.... bought Akuma......

I'm.... soooooooooooo.... salty..... wasn't.... paying attention in the character select.....

Neoxon

Hopefully my JLF comes in, soon. Even in Casuals, getting s.HP rather than c.HP in combos is starting to annoy me.

Daigo's crazy ideas 4 bar V-Trigger.

EDIT: This Ibuki and Nemo's Urien on Daigo's stream O_O

One of the ideas he said that was interesting for a fighting game is for an effect that is very music-game inspired. If you are not exactly precise on your timing, the game will tell you something like "poor" or "good." However if you're right on the mark, it will tell you "great." It's a great way to show the beginners that they can still do better. It is also an easier way to show how good a great player's timing on a combo is. So although the combo may look the same, the better timing will give you more damage and it will visually show the audience that the player perfectly timed the combo. I think one of the visual effects brought up by the chat is to light up the character white if the timing was right. The jpn chat then kept saying "White Sako" over and over. The Japanese chat thought it was a great idea and kept calling out Woshige. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom