• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Femto.

Yeah, but I'm wondering what to do after that fails and I'm stuck blocking.

Tbh I don't know the match up very well, but if I can, I just V-reversal out of it. Otherwise, I just block. I rarely fight Dhalisms in Silver ranked and my local scene has no sim players.

mbpm1

after a couple days break i jumped back in.

trying to de-emphasize fireballs now as akuma bc I started thinking they were better than they were when i stopped. always interesting to see what happens when you change your playstyle

When did everyone discover to just walk one step forward to avoid being crossuped with the jump?

It's like, everybody does that now all of a sudden in S2.

Marvel

could never
I want a ton of them, but I can't justify spending $4 on a single costume.
I have bought quite a few, I know I hate myself.

When did everyone discover to just walk one step forward to avoid being crossuped with the jump?

Logan was doing this a lot when I played him and using ken's run to get out. I learned a lot playing him. I didn't know you could jab first and then go into the back mp target combo also. Or that in v-trigger you can punch target combo, run, LPDP and then EX DP.

Good stuff, stolen. Lol

And yeah I've noticed ppl doing it also.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Could this be the next character in Season 2?

Probably nothing, but she's Anna from the Judgement girls, right?
This would be a pretty funny twist. Helen was a weird choice to me anyway, since she really doesn't apear to be a fighter and her actual name is Kolin. I guess we know she has some super powers.

Here is Anna's profile: http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-130590.html

Ucchedavāda;227873530 said:
It is actually interesting that this didn't result in a desync and disconnect, which is what would happen in IV if there was a mismatch in frame data (e.g. because of mods). It could suggest that the game already has a mechanism for negotiating what version of a character to use in a match, which could point to Capcom planning to add edition select to the game.
It's a pretty weird bug, really. Apparently it doesn't happen a lot or we would've seen footage long ago.

It's a pretty weird bug, really. Apparently it doesn't happen a lot or we would've seen footage long ago.

Most people probably wouldn't notice.
Eduardo only noticed because of the different input for screw smash, but he didn't notice the changes to frame-data. So people could occasionally be dropping combos now, and blaming themselves rather than differences in frame-data between S1 and S2.

This would be a pretty funny twist. Helen was a weird choice to me anyway, since she really doesn't apear to be a fighter and her actual name is Kolin. I guess we know she has some super powers.

Here is Anna's profile: http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-130590.html
1408.gif

More frame 1 super armor moves and metered reversals pls and thanks. This is not just about Alex either. On wakeup Karin still felt like a goddess even in season one when her EX Ressenha was not so hot.

Marvel

could never
Indeed it is, I should know this because of some of the characters I play. Need to stop getting irritated by it for sure.

It still is baffling to me that EX Bullhorn has frame-3 armor but EX bullhead in V-Trigger has frame 1 armor AND is safe.
We need more V-Trigger buffed specials and normals too. It irks me that some characters receive those benefits while others don't.
Indeed it is, I should know this because of some of the characters I play. Need to stop getting irritated by it for sure.
Feel free to get irritated by it. I feel like a scrub whenever I do it anyway. The only way Capcom will change things is if people actually complain. It did wonders for our meterless reversal problem.

We need more V-Trigger buffed specials and normals too. It irks me that some characters receive those benefits while others don't.
Alex ain't getting that, short of a brand new V-Trigger. His existing V-Trigger is already fairly good so it wouldn't make sense to buff anything else while it's activated. Any buffs he gets are gonna be constant buffs.

Birdie's gameplan doesn't really change when he's in V-Trigger, it's just that he gets some better tools and the reward for successfully doing something is increased because of the greater damage and oki. He still has to make the right calls to get those since his frame data doesn't change that much outside of blocked bullhead.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I've actually noticed this too. Weird.
Me too.

In S1 Nash players would do this to me a lot and throw me on landing, but now it seems to be standard procedure for many players. I've started working on it myself and it pays off.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
What is this walk one step forward you all keep talking about? Does any one have link to this?
Wouldn't work on fang because your cross up has massive reach.

It's just that instead of blocking the cross up people will move a millimetre forward so the cross up misses.

I'm not sure if it gives them a real frame advantage but it definitely gives them a mental advantage as you expect to make contact and then follow up with something.

Wouldn't work on fang because your cross up has massive reach.

It's just that instead of blocking the cross up people will move a millimetre forward so the cross up misses.

So just walk forward enough before the crossup range is reached so that when it does come out, the crossup doesn't reach ahhh.

Yeah that might not work against FANG, but his jump is so slow that a lot of characters can literally dash forwards/backwards to avoid it. Vega might even be able to straight up walk out of it.

Marvel

could never
Ken is REALLY fun.

Nice to finally settle on two characters as mains. My roster roaming is done now, can relax and just play.

Hopefully it will be about a second balance patch, because some of these changes...

Nah fam. Besides maybe tweaking Nash, I really don't want them to cave into trying to fix things that aren't broken. People gotta look at the whole picture before they start asking for balance changes, not just their character. I'm sitting on Twitter looking at people cry about Urien being broken and it's like, he's just strong but some of you dudes keep getting hit by a jab that's 4fs and acting like it's 3f.

No offense to Nemesis, but dude saw a gif and thought Rog should be nerfed on that alone. But that shit was reset, not a combo, so...

All I'm saying is, a,) this game isn't going to be perfect, like every fighting game out there when it comes to balance, b.) people who want changes usually aren't looking at the bigger picture or haven't explored the character enough to make that call, and c.) no matter what, a meta needs to breathe a while due to any fighter's complexity. Elsewise we get shit like MKX where things are changed on a dime.

That all being said, it doesn't hurt to level things at Capcom, and it would be nice if they were responsive in telling people that "no, this is actually how it's supposed to work" instead of either reacting to requests or letting it fly.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, you can still think Balrog has it too easy or gets too much off of resets. But we'll see about that.

Sayad

That gif start with crush counter combo, has two resets, cost two bars of meter and a 3 bar V-Trigger, is there any character in the game who can't stun with as much resources/opportunities?!

JayEH

Boxer has had those type of resets and damage from the beginning but everyone declared him trash without putting any time with him. Now he got buffed and people want nerfs...let them live with their mistake for a year. I already know the nerf bat is coming so have to enjoy this year to the fullest.

That gif start with crush counter combo, has two resets and cost two bars and a 3 bar V-Trigger, is there any character in the game who can't stun with as much resources/opportunities?!

This is true as well. It's actually not that hard to stop the reset too and both options to reset are unsafe.

I don't really see the "Balrog is too strong" stuff. He is only good in the hands of a genuinely good player, same situation as Urien. Balrog's resets can definitely get punished if they don't work out, and it's not like he has a command grab to turn it into a vortex situation.

Same couldn't be said for S1 Mika and to some extent, S1 Chun.

I mean, you can still think Balrog has it too easy or gets too much off of resets. But we'll see about that.

I think he has to burn through quite a bit of resources for that damage, and that's a fair trade.

Smug, probably one of the top 3 Balrog players, almost got freed up by a Rashid who was doing Rog like damage during one of the rounds.

That reminds me. People sleeping on Rashid are gonna get fucked up.

I don't really see the "Balrog is too strong" stuff. He is only good in the hands of a genuinely good player, same situation as Urien. Balrog's resets can definitely get punished if they don't work out, and it's not like he has a command grab to turn it into a vortex situation.

Honestly think Moba mentality has just created expectation of constant tweaks and adjustment rather than figuring out how to deal with stuff.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That lag is missing in replays is such a funny side effect. You can look like a total idiot because it appears to be perfect while watching one.

JayEH

I had some problems with some of chun's things but i had no problem with her overall since things like proper IAL and even her standard BnB are pretty difficult to do.

Producer

I had some problems with some of chun's things but i had no problem with her overall since things like proper IAL and even her standard BnB are pretty difficult to do.

and now air legs has a much harder bnb follow up. Theres no defending capcom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom