• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Remy is pretty fun to play. I think people mostly don't like how he looks.

That alone makes him ten times better than Seth.

Yeah, Remy is pretty fun to play. I think people mostly don't like how he looks.

That alone makes him ten times better than Seth.
Makes me sad because it's like people just want to kill creativity. Yeah, we totally need another 250lb hyper muscular boom chucker. That is exactly what Street Fighter has been missing lately!

He isn't even emaciated or anything. He is just kinda on the skinny side.

That's the guy doing the 2nd stream for Wednesday Night Fights: https://www.twitch.tv/nicktanella

edit: He actually has a new SF show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlrx1FzoEI

Oh wow didn't know that. He can't be that good if I beat him I guess.

I love just how awesome Akuma's Anti-airs are. B.HP xx Demon flip palm is the go to of course. But if I get caught off guard with a jump and didn't react with B.HP in time, MP DP is still a really good anti-air too. And of course, AA jab for cross ups too. Just a good arsenal.

Ucchedavāda;227895698 said:
He got double perfected by a Karin on The Excellent Adventures.
Ahh ok, Excellent Adventures stuff. Stopped watching after Gootecks turned into a whiny man child who's not good at SF5 but I'll tune in for this episode if TS is on it.

Dahbomb

Makes me sad because it's like people just want to kill creativity. Yeah, we totally need another 250lb hyper muscular boom chucker. That is exactly what Street Fighter has been missing lately!

He isn't even emaciated or anything. He is just kinda on the skinny side.
I will not stand for this slander against Guile!

Clearly you were shit talking Dee Jay here.

Edzi

Ight inv me when ur good i was wondering why u weren't moving

GGs man. You play way too YOLO for your own good and it got you killed. You got away with it a bit with Vega, but I've never seen so many failed jump ins and random DPs before in my life lol.

New002

Today was a big day for a scrub like me lol. Hit Super Silver, had a perfect KO on a higher ranked Mika player, and had my first opponent rage quite on me as I was landing the last hit :(

myco666

I literally just ran into a similar problem online where all my buttons stopped registering so I had to restart the game (PC). I wonder if it's a bug and not a controller problem?

Def looks more like a bug. Add another one to the pile.

mbpm1

When did everyone discover to just walk one step forward to avoid being crossuped with the jump?

It's like, everybody does that now all of a sudden in S2.

Remember, the patch notes said pretty much everybody's crossup moves have nerfed hitboxes

It might not be new, it might just be everyone's old blocking plan suddenly blowing up the nerfed crossups

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm starting to feel bad for Akumas. They all just want to do his cool combos but they really struggle to get offense started.

Can I do nothing against geifs CA at close range? I thought I could just hold up, but it hits me every time
It's too late when you see the animation.

Can I do nothing against geifs CA at close range? I thought I could just hold up, but it hits me every time
Only way to dodge it is to already have started the jump/backdash before the CA animation even starts because it hits too fast to neutral jump it after it starts.

Unlike Mika and Laura's CA.

Also, does EX DP after the CA or a counter CA work? Or do they also need to be done before the CA starts?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Necalli matches in general are so boring. Seismo, AA jab, command grab on landing.

If he's at a disadvantage, just wait for him to pop V-Trigger and dash forward into cr.mk xx stomp xx CA xx win.
That's what happens when you give a character kinda everything.

That's what happens when you give a character kinda everything.

I just find Necalli to be such a bad character. Laura, Rashid and F.A.N.G feel so unique and well designed in terms of moveset that Necalli just feels so dull in comparison.

Really hope season 2 has more Rashids and F.A.N.Gs than Necallis.

Sigmaah

GGs man. You play way too YOLO for your own good and it got you killed. You got away with it a bit with Vega, but I've never seen so many failed jump ins and random DPs before in my life lol.

Lmao!! I just don't know what to do with akuma so I'm just trying whatever and finding what I should stick with. Once I learn more the yolo will stop. My vega isn't really yolo just that some stuff he has to do is like a must yolo kind of thing.

Let's play again soon ur Alex got so much better like good shit my dude. Also Alex cr.hp is a damn good reliable aa now imo

Edzi

Lmao!! I just don't know what to do with akuma so I'm just trying whatever and finding what I should stick with. Once I learn more the yolo will stop. My vega isn't really yolo just that some stuff he has to do is like a must yolo kind of thing.

Let's play again soon ur Alex got so much better like good shit my dude. Also Alex cr.hp is a damn good reliable aa now imo

Thanks man, been trying to slow it down a bit. I def need to work on the Vega matchup for next time.

joe2187

Banned
Sent an invite. CFN _Hero_

I'll never underestimate muscle power again.

Everytime I think I got close to killing you, my ass got tossed. None of my other gimmicks phased you once. Everytime I popped V skill, V trigger, or V reversal, you countered and killed me.

Thanks for the matches, I gotta lot to learn.

I just find Necalli to be such a bad character. Laura, Rashid and F.A.N.G feel so unique and well designed in terms of moveset that Necalli just feels so dull in comparison.

Really hope season 2 has more Rashids and F.A.N.Gs than Necallis.

I feel like Necaili is the most fun to watch when it's someone playing at his highest level. Like, going crazy all over the screen like Haitaniti.

I feel like Necaili is the most fun to watch when it's someone playing at his highest level. Like, going crazy all over the screen like Haitaniti.
The highest level players are always fun to watch, regardless of the character. Even S1 Chun-Li could feel entertaining to watch (as long as it wasn't a mirror).

Remy is the best, most versatile, charge character in SF history. Fact. Rufus is a fat piece of poop. Fact.

What's with all the Rufus hate? He's my absolute favourite and I miss him. He had loads of fun corner stuff in SFxT as well.

I have my first wee tournament of the year coming up next weekend (though I rarely attend more than one a year, really) and I'd been hoping to use Ibuki but, having undertaken an arbitrary quest to get every character to at least level 30 (inspired by getting all characters to B rank in SSFIV), I've recently started enjoying M Bison a lot more. I've also had more success with him than I had with Ibuki too, online at least.

I think I'll spend the week nailing down some Ibuki meaty timings and VTrigger resets and keep Bison in my pocket so that I can have some character variety while I drop out in the first hour 0 - 2.

I'll never underestimate muscle power again.

Everytime I think I got close to killing you, my ass got tossed. None of my other gimmicks phased you once. Everytime I popped V skill, V trigger, or V reversal, you countered and killed me.

Thanks for the matches, I gotta lot to learn.

NP! I put some time in to learning Mika and her setups. Sorry for the round mix up and lag. You on West coast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom